Chapter 7: Dont cry...

To the One Who Holds My Heart...
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

“Here Jessi, at least eat this.”

Tiffany’s giving a sandwich to Jessica. She’s so worried about her best friend who’s been keeping herself busy with all the works inside her office. The latter’s been busy to avoid all the thoughts entering her mind, especially about those that happened in the past few weeks. Seeing Yuri again, seeing her with Victoria, so happy and so in love, the scene that happened between them in her office… her words… words that torn her broken heart into tiny pieces. But two things that Yuri said can’t leave her mind…

 

“I HATE YOU” and… “I LOVE YOU” two contradicting words… two words that make her sad and happy…

 

 

“Jessi… please eat something.” Tiffany pleaded. “O-or at least get some sleep. This is so unlike you Jessi. You’ve been here for two days straight without any food or sleep. Jessi…” Tiffany’s voice is filled with worries.

“I’m fine Tiff.”

That’s all Jessica’s been saying. That’s all the words she can utter to her friend.

“Sooyeon…”

Jessica massaged her temple. “Ms. Kang, please give me the files Mr. Han sent.” She told her secretary. Ms. Kang stood up from her seat, holding a folder she went to Jessica but stopped. She’s debating in her mind whether she would give it or not to her boss, seeing the poor woman’s condition. Tiffany signaled her by shaking her head and so Ms. Kang retreated and goes back to her seat.

“Jessi, go home. Take a break.” Tiffany said but this time it sounded more like a command than a plea. “Tiff, I don’t want to-"

“Yah! Jung Sooyeon! What the hell is this?!”

A voice erupted from the door. “Someone told us you’ve been here for two days straight! Without food and even SLEEP?!”

“Sooyoung, stop shouting.” Jessica said.

“Jessica…” another voice came.

“Soonkyu…”

Jessica made a weak smile at them. Sooyoung and Sunny felt their hearts sink as they were welcomed by Jessica’s pale and weak state.

“Thanks for coming. I hope you can put some sense into her. I’ve been trying for two days.” Tiffany told them. Sunny pats her shoulder, “Leave her to us.” She said as a comfort. Tiffany looks at Jessica first then to the couple. “Call me if anything happens.” She was about to leave when Sunny stops her. “H-how are you and Taeyeon?” she asked. “We’re friends…” Tiffany answered.

“At least they’re friends…” Jessica said without looking up, she even scoffs. “I have nothing.” She continued with a smile on her face, a smile filled not with happiness but hurt. Tiffany looks sadly at Jessica. “Should I be happy about that?” Tiffany asked as if she’s mocking.

“Tiff…” Sunny said.

She’s trying to stop the two to continue especially when a cold atmosphere is starting to build up.

“Enough you two!” Sooyoung shouted as she slams herself on the couch near Jessica’s table. “Jessica, stop being like that and start eating will ya?! Foods are so precious and it’s such bad attitude to neglect them.” She told her friend. “Bunny and I will be bringing you out of this place whether you like it or not.” She said with a firm tone.

“I don’t want to!” Jessica answered.

“You need to clear your head and staying in this place won’t help at all.” Sunny said. “Nothing’s wrong with staying here. If I leave this place… my heart will just be reminded of the hurt.”

“Jessica, you should have been ready about that when you came back to Korea. What were you expecting? She’ll welcome you with open arms and warm hug?” Sooyoung asked with her hands in her waist. “No… but I wasn’t expecting her at somebody’s arms.”

“Why didn’t you tell us before? Before we even saw them? We asked you about them but you didn’t tell us anything.” Tiffany asked. “How were you expecting us to tell you that the reason why you came back… will never be yours again?” Sunny answered with another question.

“Let’s stop all this talk for now! We didn’t come here to blame each other! We’re all here because of this ice princess, and I’m hungry now!” Sooyoung interrupted. “Are you coming or not?” she asked Jessica. “I won’t”

“Again… are you coming or not?”

“No…”

“Yes”

“No”

“Yes”

“No!”

“That’s it!” Sooyoung snapped. She gets her phone from her pocket. “I’ll ask you again, you coming or not?”

“No”

“I’ll call her.”

“… who?”

“That girl” Jessica glares at her. “You wouldn’t.”

“Don’t dare me!” she starts pressing some buttons. “Again, you coming or not?”

“Just leave me alone Sooyoung!”

"I will-"  ~Beep~

They were all surprised when Sunny pressed the call button. “Your warning won’t work on her. She’s so stubborn.” Sunny said. "But-"

“Hello?” the voice from the other line asked. “Soo? What’s up?” Yuri asked. They were all frozen on their place except Sunny who has her poker face on. ‘What now?’ Sooyoung mouthed to Sunny. ‘It was your idea.’ Sunny mouthed back.

“Hey, Choi? You there? Why did you call?” Yuri asked again.

“U-Umm…”

“Yul, how are you?” Sunny asked. “Oh, Soonkyu… were you the one who called me? Where’s Sooyoung?”

“Busy…”

“I’m fine. Why did you call?”

Sunny looks at Jessica. ‘So? We will tell her’ she mouthed to the frozen ice princess. Jessica sighed as she gives up. ‘Arasso’ she mouthed.

“Sorry Yul, wrong number.” Sunny said. “I was calling someone else but ended up pressing your number. I’ll hang up now, Mianhae…”

“It’s alright. Bye then!”

“Bye!” she ended the call.

“HOW COULD YOU CALL HER?!” Jessica shouted at them angrily. “We warned you but you didn’t listen.” Sunny said not minding Jessica’s anger. “S-Sunny, I wasn’t really planning to call Yuri.” Sooyoung said. “Well, I was. Tiffany, you’re eating with us.”

“I’m not hungry Sunny”

“You want me to call Taeyeon?”

“I’ll lock my office first.” Sun

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter