Can't We Be Like This?

More Famous Than I Expected?!

(Jonghyun's POV)

It's been three days since the kiss and not a day goes by that I'm not thinking about it. The only problem is, did she forget? These pass few days when I tried to make any contact with her she would just avoid me, I always thought it was because she was always busy I mean she is going to debut soon. I saw her she was with Eunhyuk sunbaenim and she was smiling and laughing and that just made my blood boil. When Eunhyuk left Charice I was about to walk over to her but she saw me coming and she quickly walked away from me. I was about to go after her but I got a text from my manager saying that I have a meeting with the President.

I guess this just had to wait. I made my way to the President office and I knocked on the door and I he said come in and we did the formal greetings we got to the real buissness.

"So, Jonghyun the reason I wanted to talk to you is that you know Charice-ah debut is coming close right?"

"But before she makes her official debut she has to release a MV for her first single right?"

"She and I disscussed this already and decided the concept and the storyline for the video and it needs a male lead that she left me with the responsibility to choose."

"So, you want me to be the male lead?"

"I was hoping you would. But with you and Se Kyung I needed your permission."

"But, why me? I'm not complaining about it but why me?"

"Well, let's just say that I'm not the only one who saw the way you were looking at Charice when she was on Star King. A lot of fans saw this too and they wanted you both have a duet or any cameos together. So, what do you say? Yes or no?"

"To help our new member. I'll do it."

"Great. I'll contact your manager with the time and date and you'll just have to wait." We both shook hands and I was released from the breif meeting. I got a text message from Se Kyung Good Morning baby! With a selca attached. Honestly, I would have been happy but I looked at the time it was 1PM I don't know if it was supposed to be cute or she didn't looked at the clock. I didn't respond back, it wasn't worth my time. 

"Hyung, what are you doing? You're supposed to be eating. What am I going to do with you? Kaja." Key nagged at me and grabbed the string of my sweater and led me to the cafeteria. I saw the rest of the SHINee members of at one of the tables already eating, Onew wasn't really eating he was stuffing his mouth with as much food he can. I saw the food on the tray they serve (Before, we continue I have no idea how SM is so I'm just assuming with my imagination.) we had a conversation more like a investagation of who's been using Key's hair products. I got a text from my manager with the date of the MV shoot with Charice which was tommorrow. 

I was pretty excited about the concept of the video. It seemed really pure and innocent, which was a great fit with Charice's look. I haven't officially heard the song but the storyline, had a great and sweet plot based on the song. The important part was I get to confront Charice of why she's avoiding me for the past three days. For the rest of the day I just dozed off about the MV  shoot tommorrow.

*Tommorrow*

(Charice's POV)

The day was here I'm filming my first ever Korean MV! I don't know if I should be excited or nervous. I still don't know who my co-star is since I left it up to the President to decide so I can't blame him if I don't like him. I woke up and got dressed and I met up with Jenny in the van. We didn't have time to eat breakfast so I guess I have to skip the important meal of the day.

When we arrived to the location of the video, the director was a bit too hyper with the introduction. Then I was taken by the make-up artist and it was all natural colours while the director was telling me what scene we were supposed to be shooting well, not scene there is this one scene that we look at the pictures of ourselves so before we actually shoot that scene the co-star and I have to take pictures together. 

Someone opened the door to the location and then I saw a face that I wanted to avoid for longer then three days. We both made eye contact and with the great luck I have today (heavy on the sarcastic tone) the make-up artist was done and left me alone until the outfits were settled for each scene and another great news he was coming over. I stood up to leave but I heard his voice and I just froze.

"Stop. Come here." I did what he said just to make this conversation go by faster.

"What?"

"Why are you avoiding me."

"What? I wasn't trying to avoid you." 

"Really? Then how come everytime I try to contact you just go the nearest exit."

"Well...that exit was a washroom?"

"Huh, so everytime we make eye contact you just have to go the washroom. Last time I checked we don't have that many washrooms in the building."

"Let's not talk about it here. Let's just be professional not personal. Okay?" 

"Fine, but don't think that incident did not happen between us."

I was about to retort back but the stylist told me that the outfit for the first outfit was ready. Then I was taken to the changing room and luckily Jonghyun, had to get his make-up done. 

Okay, I'll be honest I did try to avoid him. I just feel that I just caused big trouble between their relationship and I just officially started my new music career here and I don't want to mess up from a love triangle scandal. I understand that he wants to talk about it but I don't think I could explain myself after I confessed to him but I don't want to hear that the wants to be with me when he is already in a relationship with another women. I don't want to deal with all this drama or any kind of drama. 

After, I was done putting on the first outfit I met the director again I saw the director again and I was guided to a couch where I was supposed to lip sync to the recorded track and I was told that I have a to keep a expression that I was remembering someone that I loved I thought of my family at first but I saw Jonghyun looking at me and I all I could think of was the kiss we had. His lips on mine, his soft touch on my cheek that left me tingled.

"That's great! Now que the track!" My flashback was interrupted that by the director but I immediatly went back to reality and when the music started playing but I never got rid of the image of my head of three nights ago. We did that shoot for a couple more times I still kept the expression on my face still.

We the rest of the lip syncing scenes, which meant that I have to be thinking of that incident again and again. The next scenes were supposed to be filmed by us. The layout was that we moved into a new house and we filming it and we have to take a couple of pictures for the last scene. Also, while we were filming the lip syncing scenes we had to film me and Jonghyun laughing together, reading together and one scene he had to watch me while I sleep and it was kinda awkward. Then we have a scene where we were supposed to film ourselves and the layout was where we move into a new house and we were filming. But that has to be after lunch thank goodness.

Everyone was on their lunch break. Someone called chicken delivery for everyone which I did not know you can do that. But before we could eat we counted the amount of boxes and we had  one box short so I sacrificed the box to someone else for a crew member. Jenny was out to get her own lunch before the chicken was delivered so, I had nothing to eat. I was about to go out to eat but I someone grabbed hold of my hand and when I turned around I saw Jonghyun standing there with box full of chicken.

"Yah, where are you going? Aren't you supposed to eat?"

"I gave the last box to someone else."

"Wae?" He leaned into my ear and whispered "I didn't order it for nothing."

"Then why did you order it?"

"I originally ordered it for you, but I didn't want to seem I was coming off too friendly, so I got everyone a box. But, since you don't have a box I'll guess we can share."

"No it's okay, I'm not hungry." Just then my stomach grumbled.

"Your stomach says other wise. Kaja." He grabbed one of my hands lead me to my dressing room. I sat at the make-up chair and he sat at one of the make-up artist stools for when they are tired of standing. He gave me a chicken leg. I didn't ate it because it was his food.

"Why aren't you eating? Is there something wrong with the chicken?"

"No, it's just that it's your food I don't feel comfortable eating it."

"I'm sharing my food so, now it's yours so eat."

"Bu-"

"No, buts just eat." Since, I didn't had any food resource I was stuck with sharing chicken with him. It was kind of awkward with that 'issue' we had. Also, he would give me glances once in a while and it kind of weirded it me out. But, I couldn't help but be flattered.

(Jonghyun's POV)

Charice looked kinda cute while eating. When we were done eating the chicken I took this opportunity to confront her so I held her hand and she treid to pull it away but I gripped it a bit tighter. I looked at her right in the eye, and she put her head down so, I took my other hand and I held her chin by my thunb and fore finger and made her look at me.

"Why were you avoiding me?"

"I don't know what you're talking about."

"We both know what were talking about at the begining of this shoot so, don't act like you don't know."

"Fine, I'll drop it. Because, I feel like we are not just hurting Se Kyung, but our own careers."

"Let's not think about Se Kyung or our careers. Let's just think about us. What do you want us to be?"

"I don't know. I don't think we should be like this."

"Can't we be like?"

"Jonghyun, we both know this is wrong."

"And we both know that we know we like each other, and I know that we should atleast try us?"

"How can we be 'us' when you have a girlfriend?"

"We will use this shoot to be like us. What do you say? Do you want to try 'us'?"  I let go of holding her chin and hand and I offered one of them to her to know that she will try 'us'.

"Fine, we can try 'us'."

With that she held my hand and I pulled her into a hug. I was so happy to hear that she was willing to try us no air quotes just purely us. There's nothing I couldn't ask for more.

"Jonghyun oppa, we should probably head back to the shoot lunch is almost over."

I let go of her hands since I know people will suspect things if we are holding hands. 

After the shoot

We continued with thw rest of the shoot not once a faked a smile. Everyone looked at the final product of the MV and we were all proud of ourselves in what we put in the video of who knows? Korea's next big star. I'm just proud that I could do this shoot with someone that I'm proud that we could call ourselves us. I looked over at Charice and she was with Kikwang and I know that she's not doing anything funny since we just started us fourty minutes ago. 

Once everyone was out of the building and Charice and I are left she had a smile on her face I hope that it means she's happy that I waited here just for her. I grabbed her hand and we were about to leave I stopped in my tracks and I took my phone out. 

"Oppa what are you doing?"

"I'm going to take a picture of us."

"Why?" 

"Because, I want to capture this moment of offcially starting us. Smile." My phone was in the air and I was about to press the button and I felt something warm on my cheek. 

click

I looked at the picture and I was happy to see it. Charice kissed my cheek while I was just smiling at the camera. I could tell right from that picture she fully commited to try us. 

"What? You don't like the picture?"

"No." I was just kidding but then she put her head down in embarrassment.

"I don't like it. I love it." Then her head shot up in happiness.

"Really?"

"Yeah, but you missed."

"No I-" I caught her lips and trapped them in a kiss. It had more meaning in the other one since, we were both sure that we liked each other and that gave it a whole new meaning. Her lips were so soft that I kiss all day. But we soon broke our kiss to catch our breath our foreheads touched and we were just staring at each other.

"Charice."

"Yes?"

"Can you promise me something?"

"What?"

I broke the touch of our foreheads and I cupped her face with my hands and I caressed her cheek.

"Promise, me that we will never forget that today we started us. No matter what happens between us, if everything had changed that our hearts will stay the same as it as of right now. Can you promise me that?" 

"I promise."

With that I dived in for another kiss. I feel like everytime we kissed it's gets filled with more passion, more meaning and I couldn't change it for anything. We broke the kiss once again and we both held our hands again.

"Kaja."

Then we were off not just to home. But, we were stepping into the world to not as two people. We were stepping into the world as one.

----------------------------------

I hope you like this chapter. I took me a whole week to think of this chapter. 

Comment or Complain

AsianPersuation FIGHTING!!!