Frustrated & Broken

Send Help

MBLAQ -열쇠 (Key) [BROKEN]

 

'Yong... Junhyung (hyung)?!'

 

The rest of B.A.P exclaimed loudly as Himchan shushed them harshly, before the members kept quiet immediately.

'You'll wake up Hanee!' He said in a hoarse whisper as Jongup held Himchan's arm and stared at him with a look of disbelief.

'Are you sure?' He asked as Yongguk raised a brow. 'Okay you are sure. I'm sorry hyung, I just didn't expect it.'

As Yongguk pulled Jongup’s hands away from grasping his arm too painfully, Himchan stood up, ignoring the confused looks of s, as he made his way to their bedroom. He carried the warm cup of coffee he had with him, as the members continued to watch.

‘Hyung?’ Youngjae called out as Himchan briefly looked back and sighed.

‘I’m just checking if she woke up from all your noise.’ He said as the members nodded, and went back to their discussion about Junhyung.

'When did they start dating?' Daehyun asked as Yongguk had told them that it was just earlier in the year during their promotions, when both groups had decided to have dinner. The rest of the members began to recall how she was introduced to them, but the words went through one ear and out the other as Himchan focused solely on checking whether Hanee was okay.

Himchan lightly twisted the door knob as he pushed it ajar soundlessly, peering inside. He saw her snuggle into the blanket and his pillow, as if she was just stirring from her sleep, and he heaved a sigh of relief. She hadn’t heard what they yelled. He took a sip from his coffee, turning around and about to close the door when he heard their muffled song playing. He looked back in the room, recognizing it as her ringtone. He briefly smiled, remembering when she had visited them during her free time.

---

Oh, wow wow wow gakkeum ireoke~ ooh ooh~
Han nun panda haedo ttak geuttaeppunin geol yeah—

‘Huh? Isn’t that our song?’ Zelo said as he immediately raised his head from watching Youngjae play, looking around for the source of the sound. The members began looking at each other suspiciously.

‘Okay, I know you’re all vain, deep down inside, but who made that their ringtone??’ Himchan asked as Yongguk began to laugh out loud.

‘Hey, you’re vain too, hyung!!’ Zelo said as Jongup laughed at Himchan’s expression, while Youngjae just shrugged and continued playing.

‘It’s not mine,’ Youngjae nonchalantly said as they all began denying the ringtone to be theirs.

‘Calm yo , boys, it’s mine.’ Hanee proudly said as she whipped out her phone and answered it.

‘Yobeoseyo?’ She stood as she went towards the empty kitchen, to take her call. After finishing, she came back to catch them all staring at her.

‘That’s your ringtone?’ Daehyun teased as she raised her brow.

‘What? It’s a nice song, okay, you guys should be blessed I made it my ringtone.’ She said as she took her place beside Himchan and crossed her arms. ‘Unless you want me to change it to SHINee…’

‘NO NO DON’T!’ Jongup and Zelo yelled as she laughed, startled by their sudden outburst.

'You have to keep using it, noona!'

'Don't change it ok?! Only listen to us!'

‘Arasso, arasso, I won’t change it!’

---

 

Himchan took another sip of his coffee, a small smile playing on his lips as he watched her. He made a move to open the door, so he could step in and turn the phone off to let her sleep in peace, went he noticed her stirring, and he stopped moving as he watched her pick up the phone and answer it. It only took a few moments before he realized who had called her.

‘Junhyung, I’m fine.’

A scowl automatically made its way to Himchan’s face as he listened, a string of muffled worried questions escaping the phone as she sighed. He could only see her back from where he stood, and he knew that as much as she didn’t want to do this, she had to. It felt as if she wanted to be done with it to stop the pain, and if it were up to him, he would be the one to end it and give him a piece of his mind (or fist)—but he knew Hanee was determined to face this, and she wouldn’t want him to be involved. He exhaled deeply, frustrated by how powerless he felt.

‘Can… can we just talk now, Junhyung?’ He heard her say as he moved, back leaning against the door frame as hung his head, holding his now warm cup of coffee in one hand as another was tucked in the pocket of his pants. All he can do is watch and support her from afar.

He could hear Yongguk telling the members that Himchan was just checking up on Hanee and he'll come back to sit after. He drank from his mug once more, only to find that he had already finished his drink. Himchan sighs as he leans his head back, softly resting it against the door frame as he stared at the ceiling. How could Junhyung do this to her? How could he hurt such a wonderful and beautiful soul like Hanee's?

It wouldn't have happened if it Himchan had confessed to her first.

'...Let's end it, Junhyung.'

The words, although whispered, had resonated and reverberated clearly in his ears. Of course he should be happy upon hearing that she was breaking up with Junhyung, he had hoped that they wouldn't last long so he could whisk her away.

But how can he do so with her shattered heart? It pained Himchan to see her like this.

He peered in the room to see her wiping her tears, unaware that Himchan had been watching her throughout this time. All he wanted to do was to hang up the phone, hold her close, and whisper comforting words to her, to tell her he would be there for her. That she didn't need to be so hurt by Junhyung anymore. He sighed once more, frustrated with himself.

 

Daehyun peered from the kitchen as he saw Himchan’s unmoving figure waiting by the door, and turned around to see Zelo and Youngjae still asking Yongguk about the ex-couple. Yongguk cleared his throat. 'All right, that's enough questions for now,' he began as the dongsaengs looked at him, disappointment written all over their faces.

'But hyung,' Youngjae began, 'we really want to know!'

'I know, I know,' Yongguk said as he nodded. 'As much as I want to also, I don't think Himchan can tell it.' Himchan walked back from where he was standing to sit down next to them, and he gave a small smile, looking at the earnest faces of the two younger members.

'It's something that Hanee has to tell you, only when she's ready.' Himchan added as the other members nodded slowly. 'I know you all care about her, but I think we can talk about this at a later date when she's feeling better, and when she can tell you herself.'

'Arasso hyung,' Jongup said as the members agreed momentarily after. The members were silent, greatly worried for their friend as Jongup's face suddenly beamed. 'We have the whole day tomorrow to ourselves, right hyung? Maybe we can bring Hanee out?'

'Yeah, maybe we can go to the amusement park?' Zelo asked as he smiled. 'We have to make her smile again hyung!'

Daehyun nodded. 'I agree with the maknae, hyung, we should help her smile again. We can also take her shopping after.'

'We should hyung, please?' Youngjae said.

'The dongsaengs are right, Himchan, maybe we can take her outside and show her a good time. It can take our minds—especially hers—off of the whole thing.’ Yongguk said as Himchan nodded, and smiled.

‘I think Hanee would like that. Thank you so much guys.’ Himchan said as Jongup smiled.

‘Noona is as important to us as she is to you hyung!’ He said as Youngjae nudged him.

‘Yah, noona is important to us, but not as important as she is to Himchan hyung.’ Daehyun said as he grinned and wiggled his eyebrows, earning a stifled chuckle from Yongguk. Himchan on the other hand, ended up turning red, and covered his mouth as he cleared his throat.

‘I have no idea what you’re talking about.’ Himchan grumbled as he began to take another sip from his coffee, but noticed that he had already finished it. Damn it.

‘Ahaha hyung you’ve been caught!’ Zelo said as he patted his shoulder while laughing.

‘Yeah hyung, I mean even Zelo caught on, it’s that obvious.’ Jongup said as Zelo frowned.

‘What’s that supposed to mean?’

‘Nothing!!’ Jongup quickly said as the maknae began to argue with him in a playful manner. ‘Yah! Stop it!’ Jongup said when he was about to be pushed off of his chair, and began returning Zelo’s playful punches with his own. The four other B.A.P members just shook their heads at their childish behaviour.

‘Aish. These kids. Where do they get their energy?’ Yongguk said as Youngjae shrugged.

‘They’ll probably be knocked out tomorrow.’

‘So it’s settled then? Tomorrow we’ll bring Hanee out and let her have some fun?’ Daehyun asked as everyone else nodded.

‘Yeah, we should all get to bed then. We have a big day tomorrow.’  Yongguk said as they all nodded and got ready for bed. They all had one goal in mind for tomorrow, and that was to get you to become your bubby and happy self.

 

I felt the sun’s warmth on my face as I opened my eyes to have only to see the glare from the light coming from the window. I covered my eyes with the back of my hand as I turned in bed, and sighed. When was the last time I was able to sleep this comfortably? I closed my eyes as I snuggled into the pillow, hoping that it wasn’t time to get up.

That was until someone began to sing to me.

‘Hanee-ah~’ The person began to pat my head as I pulled the blanket closer to my face. 'Hanee-ah~, ireona~'

I groaned, in a very zombie-like manner as I turned away once more to the other side, hoping to ignore the singing alarm clock. Upon opening my eyes, however, someone else came into view.

‘Noona~~~!!!’

Zelo?

‘Good morning noona!’ Zelo chirped as I closed my eyes and rubbed them sleepily, still holding the blanket to cover half of my face. I can’t believe this kid has so much energy…. I tried opening my eyes, but it didn’t work and I ended up just rolling on my side and going back to sleep. ‘Come on noona, wake-up!' I could hear the frown from his response. 'It’s a beautiful day, and there’s lots to do, so open your eyes!’

‘Zelo, can you check if Youngjae’s already done?’ The one who had sung to me earlier told the maknae.

‘Roger!’ Zelo said, and I heard his steps shuffling out of the room.

‘Hanee-ah, time to get up! Come on!’ Someone took away the blanket as I groaned once more, and felt someone help me sit up. ‘Come on now, let’s see those beautiful eyes~’ He sang once more, before I reached out to push him (in which, even if my eyes were closed, I was able to hit his shoulder).

‘Daehyun-ah, your singing’s only making me sleepy…’ I mumbled as he chuckled and I opened my eyes, only to see his bright smile.

‘Atta girl! There we go!’ He said as I smiled in return. ‘Now, go get ready!’

‘All right-y,’ I said as I got up. Youngjae came in, already finished taking a shower when he smiled. ‘Morning, Youngjae!’ I greeted with a smile as he returned it with his own.

‘Good morning noona,’ he said as he continued drying his hair with his towel. ‘The bathroom’s all yours.’

‘Thanks,’ I said as I stretched. I grabbed whatever was left of my things and went to the bathroom and showered, then changed into of Himchan’s shirts, along with the solid black stockings that I had worn under the dress. Fortunately the stockings were not transparent at all, so it seemed as if I was wearing leggings. Himchan’s shirt seemed a bit big, so I tied it from the back with my hair clip. Luckily I brought a pair of flats in case my feet get tired from the heels, and wore those instead. I did my best not to remember anything of what happened yesterday. I didn’t want to worry any of the members anymore, and I didn’t want to make them feel like they need to. I took a deep breath and nodded. Convincing myself that I’ll be strong and that I won’t let it bother me any longer, I stepped out, and greeted B.A.P. Zelo and Jongup were watching TV, Youngjae was playing with his videogame, Yongguk was checking his phone while sitting with the maknaes, and Himchan was cooking breakfast, while Daehyun was helping him out.

‘Good morning!’ I greeted as they looked up and they smiled.

‘Good morning Hanee/noona!’ They replied as Himchan called us over to eat breakfast.

‘Good morning Hanee,’ Himchan said as he patted my head when we sat down to eat. ‘Is that my shirt?’

‘Mornin’, Himchannie,’ I said as I gave a small smile. ‘Yeah it is, I hope you don’t mind… I can’t exactly wear my dress from last night.’

‘That’s no problem.’ He said as he placed the final dish on the table, wiping his face and looking away for a moment.

‘How’re you feeling?’ Yongguk asked as he patted my head.

‘Tired, but I’m better now,’ I replied as he nodded.

‘That’s good.’ He said as we ate our breakfast, and it was quiet. I noticed that they were all dressed, as if for going out, and I decided to ask them.

‘Are you guys going out?’ I asked as they exchanged glances and smiled.

‘No, we are going out,’ Daehyun said as I looked at Himchan.

‘Oh? We are?’ I asked him as he nodded.

‘Yeah noona, that’s why I said we’ve got lots to do!’ Zelo said.

‘It is a great day, why not spend it outside?’ Himchan said. ‘Is that all right with you? It would be better if you came.’

Even though I wanted to go home and have some time to myself to get over what had happened the night before, the members looked excited and hopeful to be spending their free day outside. I smiled. It’s not every day you get to spend a day with B.A.P, and maybe this will take my mind off it.

‘Yeah, that sounds like fun.’

 

 

* ~ * ~ *

 

It's been so long!! I'm so sorry for the late update, but I hope you all like it! I've written some one-shots on the side too, hope to post it soon :) Hope to also update you all soon!

The song I chose, the one by MBLAQ, shows when I wrote the fanfic kekeke but then I also feel sad for Lee Joon & Cheondoong leaving huhuh I hope they have great success and I hope MBLAQ can still continue to perform!! (Huhuhu)

See you all in the next chapter!