'Uhh... Surprise?'

Send Help

B1A4 - Road (길) [2집 WHO AM I]

 

(Hanee’s POV)

Broken silence can be used to describe the rest of the night up until early morning. After letting out everything I had on my chest about what had happened earlier, we didn’t bring the discussion up anymore, finding ourselves quiet in each other’s company. In between these silent conversations, we’d catch up with each other, with how my work and his promotions were going. The silence that became the intervals before bringing up a new topic was not deafening though, rather it was comfortable. Himchan and I have had our fair share of times when we wouldn’t talk so much, and yet we’ve grown used to each other’s quirks that even silence was not unbearable when it would occur.

After sipping my already cold coffee, I told him that I had bought his group’s album right away, and if he could sign it. He laughed heartily, telling me that it would be also good to ask the members to sign it as well, since they wanted to see me anyway.

‘They miss you, you know.’ Himchan said as I broke off a piece of the pastry and smiled. ‘They send their love.’

‘I miss them too.’ I said as I looked at him. ‘Did they read my message??’

‘Yeah, they did.’ He said as he laughed and nodded. ‘They’re also asking if you’re free to visit the dorm tomorrow, the maknaes really want you to come over.’

‘Oh I couldn’t impose, Himchan…’ I began as he reached out to hold my hand and shook his head decidedly.

‘You wouldn’t be imposing, Hanee.’ He said as he smiled. ‘In fact, we’d be honoured to have you. Besides, we can all stay in the dorm, get takeout, watch movies, play games, whatever you want to do.’

‘Himchan…’ I began as he gave an encouraging smile, and I gave in. ‘Fine, but we’re not getting any takeout, I did promise I’d cook for them too.’

Assa!’ He said as he pumped his fist and I laughed, before glancing at my watch.

‘It’s pretty late—or should I say early?’ I said before giggling and he shrugged.

‘Time flies, huh? I’ll walk you home,’ he began as we both stood up to clean up, and I shook my head.

‘It’s fine Channie, my apartment’s near anyway.’ I said as he shook his head, while I playfully rolled my eyes. Stubborn as always.

‘No, I will walk you home like I always do, because it’s dark out and it’s quite dangerous for you to be alone.’

‘Thanks Himchan,’ I said with a smile.

 

After we had cleaned up the dishes we used and locked up the café, Himchan pulled on his hood as he helped me adjust my scarf and coat, and smiled. ‘You look really beautiful in that dress, by the way.’

‘T-Thank you,’ I stuttered, realizing that I was still wearing the new dress I bought for tonight’s dinner. Himchan only ruffled my hair as I frowned, since it took a while to fix, but joined his chuckling anyway. At that moment, my phone gave a short ring, signalling that a new message had arrived, and I excused myself for a moment as Himchan nodded. Opening my inbox, I frowned upon seeing the sender, and tapped it. It was him, and it was also the 20th message to count (according to my phone).

 

Hi Hanee,

I’ve been texting you for the past few hours, and it’s already early morning. Where are you?? Are you okay? Please, please talk to me. What’s going on? I’m at your apartment right now, and I hope we can still spend our monthsary together, or at least talk.

I love you.

 

I sighed as I deleted the message thread from him. I know I’ll have to face him soon and explain why I skipped our monthsary celebration, but right now, I need space. If I were to confront him I might end up like an emotional wreck like earlier, and that’s not what I want to be like when I do confront him, because I don’t want him to see me as someone weak. For now, I didn’t want to talk to—let alone see—him at all.

‘Not tonight,’ I said quietly as Himchan gently held my arm.

‘Everything all right?’

‘H-hm?’ I let out a surprised broken sound as I whipped around to face him right away, before placing the phone in my pocket, causing Himchan’s brow to rise in suspicion.

‘Was it him?’ He asked, his tone becoming slightly dark as I bit my bottom lip before I nodded. There’s no use hiding it from him, he’ll end up finding out either way. ‘What did he say?’

‘He’s waiting for me at my apartment.’ I said as I ran a hand through my hair and took a deep breath. I could feel Himchan watching me, and his curiosity as to what I was going to do.

‘Hanee…’ He began as I laughed and took a deep breath.

‘I don’t know what to do.’ I said honestly as he reached out and patted my head. He gave a reassuring smile as he nodded.

‘That’s okay.’ He said as I looked down, and softly mumbled.

‘I don’t want to see him though.’

He had heard it apparently. ‘You don’t have to.’

I looked up at him and he gave me a small, encouraging smile. ‘At least not yet. If you’re not ready to face him, don’t force yourself to.’

I smiled at him before hugging him. ‘Thank you, Channie, for everything, for taking care of me tonight.’

He slowly wrapped his arms around me as he gave me a reassuring squeeze. ‘Like I said, I’m here for you, okay? Anyway, in the meantime, you can stay with us tonight.’ He chirped.

‘What?’

‘The members wanted you to stay over, remember?’ He said as I blinked. ‘Besides, it’s great timing, they wanted you to come over, and we have a free day tomorrow so—’

‘I know that, but…’ I interrupted, but Himchan beat me to it.

‘Where else are you going to stay? Your samchon’s place is much farther from here and our dorm’s the closest.’

‘I can take the bus to samchon’s place?’ I suggested, before he rolled his eyes.

‘Do you really think I’m going to let you go take a bus on your own at this time?’

‘Well…’

‘Dorm it is.’ He said as he held my wrist and began to lead me towards where the dorm of B.A.P was. I didn’t try to fight back, but quickened my pace to match his as I eased my wrist from his grip.

‘Fine, fine, God you’re just so stubborn…’ I mumbled as he looked at me.

‘I heard that.’

‘Then you must’ve heard how great of a friend you are, and that you’re jjang~!’ I said quickly as he laughed and only ruffled my hair more.

 

We made our way to his dorm in less than 10 minutes. The café earlier was convenient, because its location seemed like the halfway point from my apartment to his. Of course, not only Himchan would stop by, sometimes the members of B.A.P tagged along, and they have all met my samchon. I followed Himchan to the elevator as we went to their dorm, and before he could open it with his key, I held his arm.

‘Wait, are they still awake? Do they know I’m coming?’ I asked worriedly, hoping that I wouldn’t be disturbing them.

‘It’s pretty early, so they should still be awake, and nah, didn’t tell them you were coming.’

‘What? Why didn’t you tell them I was coming? What do you mean it’s early?!’

‘It’s early in the morning, and I wanted to surprise them?’ He was answering my questions with his own and I just stared at him with wide eyes. The awkward silence following then made both of us chuckle as I nodded.

‘Ah, arasso arasso, come on—go lead the way.’ I said as he shrugged with an innocent smile before opening the door. He stepped inside.

‘I’m back!’ Himchan called out, noticing the room was still lit, meaning they were still awake. What time to these boys sleep?? I heard familiar voices erupt from the living room.

‘HIMCHAN HYUNG YOU MISSED THE CONJURING!!’ Zelo yelled.

‘Where were you hyung?’ Youngjae called out as Himchan closed the door behind me, and then mouthed and motioned to me to go on and greet them.

‘Hyung? Where are y—’ Daehyun called out as I stepped inside their living room, and gave a small wave.

‘Hello,’ I said a bit awkwardly, as the members froze. I could hear Himchan chuckling at their reaction right behind me as I smiled and held in my laughter. ‘Uhh… Surprise?’

 

(Himchan’s POV)

It was Jongup who reacted first.

‘NOOONAAAA~!!!!!!’ He said as everyone stood up, but he literally did a parkour on the furniture as he made his way towards Hanee. I watched from behind her as he hugged her, and Hanee chuckled in return before ruffling his hair.

‘I missed you Jongup ah, have you been good?’ She teased as he pouted and let go of her.

‘Yah, noona, you’re treating me like a baby!’ He said as she smiled.

‘Aigoo, you’re just like a cute little brother, not a tiny baby,’ she said as she gently pinched his cheeks, to which he groaned. The other members had now made their way towards her, greeting her as if they have not seen her in forever.

‘Hello noona!’ Youngjae greeted as she hugged him, and ruffled his hair next. ‘It’s been too long!’

‘I missed you too, Youngjae-ah!’ She said as she grinned.

‘What about me? Me?’ She turned to see Daehyun pouting at her and she laughed.

‘Aigoo, stop with the aegyo Dae, I also missed you!’ Hanee said as Daehyun’s frown literally turned upside down and he hugged her tightly.

‘I missed you and your cooking Hanee-ah,’ He said as she chuckled and nodded.

‘Arasso, arasso, I shall not let you all starve any longer.’

Everyone else cheered as I smiled. Seeing Hanee and the members together makes me really happy. My family, together and their happiness is all that matters to me, and I’m truly glad that they can get along really well. Hanee also treats them like they’re her own brothers, and the members in return can also become overprotective of her as well (especially when she used to visit us backstage, and the members would look after her in case any other guy tries to talk to her). I smirked as I saw the maknae quietly walked behind her, before wrapping his arms around his waist.

‘Noona!!!!’ Zelo said as he picked her up and lifted her, twirling her around as she squeaked in surprise. Although Zelo was the youngest, he was taller and much stronger than Hanee, so lifting her was a piece of cake. After setting her down, she chuckled as she turned to ruffle his already messy hair.

‘Nice to see you again, Zelo,’ She said as the maknae beamed at her, before she turned to face the last member she hadn’t been able to greet yet.

‘Hi Yongguk oppa,’ she said with a small smile as he rolled his eyes before opening his arms.

‘That’s all you got to say to me in such a long time? C’mere.’ He said as she giggled and hugged him. ‘I missed you, little girl.’ The truth is, Yongguk hyung’s family is close to Hanee’s and while they’re not related, he treats her like a little sister, and looks after her.

‘Want some hot chocolate?’ Daehyun asked as he called all of us to sit for a while and eat while we catch up with Hanee. He briefly looked at me and Hanee before adding the other option. ‘…or coffee?’

‘Coffee!’ We both said as he laughed and the other members called for other hot drinks. I helped Daehyun prepare whatever food we had left while he made the drinks while everyone else sat down.

‘So, noona,’ Jongup began, ‘I thought you had a date tonight??’ The members looked at her expectantly, and I watched as she looked down, not meeting their gazes as a small frown was evident on her face.

‘Uhm… about that…’

 

 

* ~ * ~ *

Finally an update!! D: i'm sorry for the delay, it's been a quite a hectic month, but good news, I think I've sorted out the plot a bit (thank you michinen for you help!) :) hopefully I can lay it out and update you all soon :)