'Are You Happy?'

Send Help

Ailee - 사랑 첫 느낌 (Love Note) [풀하우스 테이크 2 OST]

 

(Hanee's POV)

'So, where’s he taking you this time?' I heard my best friend ask as I smiled.

'Just at the usual restaurant, just like always.' I said as I heard him scoff. ‘Hey, what’s with that tone?' I pouted, and he followed it up with a short chuckle.

‘Just kidding. He always takes you there. Boring~' He replied as I stuck my tongue out, but of course he couldn’t see it. ‘Doesn’t he take you anywhere else?’

‘Yah, Himchan-ah, don’t be like that.’ I said in a serious tone, warning him to stop joking. ‘He’s a busy man, just like me, and besides… I don’t mind.’

‘What’s that supposed to mean? Even I don’t take you to the same place whenever we hang out.’

‘We go to the same coffee shop every time.’

‘That’s after we hang out! We go to different places before that.’

Yeah, yeah, whatever you say.’ I said as I laughed. ‘Anyway, what was it you wanted to talk to me about?’

‘Well, speaking of the coffee shop, I was hoping to meet up with you, actually.’

‘Is it really important?’ I asked as I pulled out my dress from my closet, smiling as I held it in front of me and checked how it looked at the mirror.

‘Yah, are you saying I’d only talk to my best friend if it was important? I’m hurt!’

‘Just kidding!! Gosh, didn’t think you’d be soooo sensitive.’ I joked as he laughed along. I loved phone calls with my best friend. It seemed as if even though we were physically far apart, it was as if I was talking to him face to face. We’ve been friends for as long as I can remember, and I feel blessed to have someone as great as him by my side. I always supported him whenever he promotes, and he always made sure to get me to come and hang out with him when there would be free schedules. That was until I met my boyfriend and we began dating. After that, there was quite a distance put between us. I wasn’t able to go to his regular schedules like before, and the frequent meet ups at night or in the early morning turned to lengthy phone calls every now and then. Still, we both did our best to catch hold of each other whenever we could.

‘Yah, I’m not sensitive.’ He pointed out as I chuckled.

‘I know, I know, it’s part of your 'bad boy' image.’ I said as I fixed my purse and put Himchan on speaker phone as I slipped on my dress, then sat down at my dresser as I began applying makeup. ‘So about meeting up, how about tomorrow? I’ll be out tonight.’ I said as he hummed in approval.

‘Yeah, that’s okay. Seems like I caught you at a bad time anyway,’ he chuckled. ‘I’ll meet you at the usual café?’

‘See? Told you, we do go to the same coffee shop every time we hang out. Really… your caffeine addiction impresses me.’

‘Yah, coffee is delicious, okay? AND BESIDES—you like it too.’

I conceded. ‘Fine, fine. I guess we’re both coffee addicts. So I’ll see you tomorrow?’

‘You can count on it Hanee-ah.’ He said as I began hearing the other voices yell from Himchan's side.

‘Wow, sounds lively over there,’ I commented. 'What's going on? Where are you guys?'

‘We're just at the dorm. They’re preparing dinner and watching a movie.’

‘Ah really? No schedules tonight?’

‘We got tonight and tomorrow off, actually.’ He said. ‘That’s why I… I wanted to see you.’

‘Well, don’t worry! We have all morning tomorrow—all day actually.’ I didn’t notice how different his voice sounded and just replied with a smile as he kept quiet.

‘Hanee—’ He began as I looked at the time, but quickly cut him off.

‘Ah, sorry Himchan-ah, it’s about time for me to go. I’ll call you tomorrow, okay?’ I said as I grabbed my purse, checked my makeup once more before heading towards the door.

‘Oh, yeah, uhm… sure. I’ll see you tomorrow.’ He said as I pulled my shoes on, and after putting on my coat and made sure I had everything with me, I opened the door. ‘Wait, Hanee, can I ask I something before I go?’

‘Hm? Yeah sure, what’s up?’ I replied as I exited my apartment, then locked the door and fixed my coat as a cool breeze push past, and waited for Himchan’s question.

‘U-uh.., that is…’ He stuttered, and that’s when I noticed how weird his voice became.

‘Hm? Himchan?’ I encouraged him, not really liking how awkward the silence was becoming.

‘Are you… are you happy?’ His voice became composed once more as I stopped walking momentarily, and began thinking about why he was asking me that. Why did Himchan’s voice falter earlier? I thought about it for a moment, and then concluded that he was just being a concerned friend. With the way things were, I find myself feeling happy.

‘Yes I am, Himchan.’ I finally replied with a smile. ‘Why?’

‘N-nothing.’ He said as I detected how his voice became a bit soft and sounded tired maybe? ‘I’ll see you tomorrow then.’

‘Oh, all right...' I replied. 'See you tomorrow. Good night, Himchan.’

‘Goodnight, and I hope you have a great night, Hanee’ and with that, he hung up.

 

 

* ~ * ~ *