Chapter 2

More Than Jealousy

            I remain silent for most of the ride home, completely submerged in my own thoughts. Once we arrive back at the dorm, I go straight to my computer. I want to get my mind off of things.

            As I open my internet browser, I could sense the presence of someone behind me peering over my shoulder.

            “What are you up to?” Baro asks curiously.

            “Ah, nothing.” I close the laptop, stand up, and stretch. “What to do…” I start to casually walk away, but Baro grabs my shoulder and turns me around to face him.

            “What do you think?” he asks.

            I look at him in confusion. “About what?”

            “The recording today. I knew that you would be jealous~” He playfully pokes my cheek. I feel my face strangely get hot where he touched me.

            “Me? Jealous? Of course I was jealous.” I laugh. “You even had a hugging scene and everything.”

            Baro smiles. “Yeah. But to be honest, that was painfully awkward.”

            “Yeah. Watching you two was painfully awkward as well.”

            Baro lightly pushes my shoulder. “Hey. It would be awkward for you to have a hugging scene with someone that you don’t know well too.”

            I nod my head. “Yeah, probably…”

            “But when it’s someone you know well, it’s easy, right? Here.” He steps forward and wraps his arms around me. I’ve been hugged by Baro before, but this time he's hugging me in the same intimate way as he did in the MV. It's a tight and warm embrace. I don’t know how to react. I simply freeze in place.

            Baro could sense my lack of reaction. “Hey, is something…”

            I push him away before he even has a chance to ask me anything. “Sorry,” I manage to say before leaving the room. I go into the bedroom and climb into my bunk. I throw the covers over my face to hide my embarrassment.

            Was that what it was?

            Because Baro’s hug had somehow messed me up. My heart was beating really fast and my face felt so hot. But when I think of it in this way, it almost sounds like… I…

            “Sandeul, are you ok?”

            Once again, it's Baro’s unmistakable voice. I fidget under the covers. “Yeah. I suddenly don’t feel good. Just let me rest.”

            Baro pauses for a moment before finally replying. “Ok… let me know if you need anything.” He then leaves the room.

             I shield my face with my hands, even though it is already hidden from the blankets. I don’t know what to think anymore. Just his voice makes my heart race.

            It can’t be… There’s no way…

            I try to deny it, but I know I can’t.

            Because my body and heart are telling me otherwise.