Chapter 14

More Than Jealousy

            Over these past few days, I’ve thought about it a lot.

            Yeah, I’m crazy.

            Sandeul messed me up.

            I’m always thinking about it… thinking about him.

            Right now, it’s nighttime. Everyone is off doing their own thing. I’m not sure where Sandeul is or what he’s up to. Do I really want to know?

            I sigh and enter the bedroom. I just want to lie down on my bed and relax for a little while.

            I stop dead in my tracks a few steps into the room from the surprising scene in front of me. There’s Sandeul, wearing my cap, the dark gray one with the pink letter “B” in the front from our debut days. He even has it turned in the same direction that I wear it.

            “Ah,” he exclaims as he sees me, turning away. His face has gone red.

            He fidgets nervously. “Sorry, I just wanted to try it on.” He then looks up at me with the most perfect smile.

            “How does it look on me?” he asks, pointing at the cap on his head.

            I slowly walk towards him, unable to take my eyes off of him.

            “You look… cute,” I somehow manage to say.

            Sandeul grins, looking both happy and embarrassed.

            “But you know,” I add softly, “you shouldn’t do things like this to me.”

            “Huh?” Sandeul is completely confused. “What do you mean?”

            “You keep messing with me like this.” My frustrations are starting to come out.

            Sandeul tilts his head. “I don’t understand what you’re trying to say, Baro.”

            I don’t know why, but for some reason, I feel like I can ask him now. I want to know. I’m dying to know.

            “Like before, why… why did you do that to me?”

            Sandeul stares at the ground. “I don’t know what you’re talking about.”

            I grab his chin, forcing him to look up at me. “Sandeul, why did you kiss me?”

            Sandeul pushes me away. He continues to avoid eye contact with me.

            “That… was nothing,” he mutters.

            “Nothing?” I shout. I can’t believe it.

            Is this guy really saying this?

            He finally meets my gaze, and says sternly, “You should forget about it.”

            Forget about it?

            All of these feelings, all of these emotions, all of the things I’ve done, have stemmed from NOTHING?

            He doesn’t even know what he’s done to me.

            I forcefully grab Sandeul and shove him against the wall. His eyes grow wide with fear.

            “You do this to me, and tell me to forget it. Why?”

            I’m frustrated.

            Sandeul struggles to escape, but I slam my hands against the wall and trap him in between.

            “Baro…” he pleads.

            I’m going crazy. If he can do this to me, I can do this to him.

            Revenge.

            I caress his soft cheek with my hand. His eyes are searching for answer as to what I’ll do next.

            I can’t control myself anymore.

            I close my eyes and forcibly crash my lips into his.

            He makes some indistinct sound. I can feel him struggle at the touch.

            But this is what I want at this very moment.

            This is how I feel.

            This is—

            …

            He’s no longer struggling.

            In fact, his lips are moving with mine.

            Sandeul… is kissing me back.

            Startled, I try to back away.

            I can’t.

            Sandeul’s arms have already found their way wrapped around my body, pulling me closer.

            I shouldn’t continue, but I surrender.

            This is what I want.

            I hold Sandeul tight against me.

            After a while, we break apart, trying to regain our breath.

            “I lied,” Sandeul admits, panting. “When I kissed you before…” he pauses, and then looks up at me, “…it’s because I like you.”

            My heart is beating faster than ever. I can feel both of ours pounding rhythmically against our bodies.

            Sandeuls leans in, his hot breath brushing against my face, and whispers into my ear.

            “I’m crazy about you, Baro.”