Chapter 6

More Than Jealousy

           “Good job today, Baro,” CNU compliments me. He pats me on the shoulder.

            We all walk out of the studio together. We’ve just finished another busy day of practicing choreography. Finally, we are given time to ourselves for the rest of the night. I expect that we’d just go back to the dorm and relax, but one of us thinks otherwise.

            “Jinyoung hyung, remember that really cool-looking movie commercial we saw while we were watching our drama last night? Let’s go see that!” Gongchan suggests.

            Jinyoung contemplates it, then nods. “Sure, if everyone else wants to.”

            I agree to it. It’d be much more interesting than the dorm, that’s for sure. The others also respond positively. It’s decided.

            After a short ride, we all arrive at the movie theater. Bright lights decorate the entrance. Upon entering, CNU approaches the ticket booth to purchase tickets for us. I end up going over by the snack bar. I get a gigantic bowl of popcorn for all of us to share and a soda for myself.

            With tickets and snacks in hand, we enter the auditorium where our movie will be shown. One by one, we file into a row in the middle of the room. I sit down in the black cushioned seat. It’s kinda comfy. Also, it just so happens that I have Sandeul on my right, followed by Gongchan, and Jinyoung and then CNU on my left.

            Boring previews are playing on the screen, and I’m getting anxious for the movie to start. I decide to share my popcorn now, since I’m nice. “Want some?” I ask Sandeul.

            He looks at me for a while, and then finally at the popcorn.  I still feel this awkward tension between us. Eventually, he replies. “Ah, sure. Thanks.” He takes the bucket from me and shoves a big handful into his mouth.

            “Hey, don’t eat the whole thing before the movie even begins!” I scold. Sandeul gives me this serious look, and then chucks some popcorn at my face. He laughs. What a goofball. He then passes the popcorn down to Gongchan so that he can have some as well.

           

            So, the movie turns out to be an action/adventure/thriller. I’m managing to stay awake, so that’s good. I’m enjoying it so far, but this particular movie is known for having some frightening scenes. Heh, and I know Sandeul doesn’t do well with horror movies. Trust me, I’d know. He can be quite the coward sometimes.

            I look over at him during one of the “scary” parts. On the screen, a supposed killer is holding a bloodied knife in a dimmed room while the main character tries to hide and avoid a certain death. So here’s Sandeul sitting next to me, cowering in fear. But he’s… clinging onto Gongchan? And Gongchan, the maknae, just sits there and takes it all in, smiling. Seriously?

            Why would Sandeul resort to someone much younger than him like that? I’m here too! I’m not scared at all either, see?

            Ah, whatever. The scene’s over with and now he's relaxing back in the chair. Gotta focus my attention back on the movie.

           

            Credits roll down the screen. We all stand up and stretch. I grab the now empty bucket of popcorn and my soda to throw out.

“I liked the movie, but we better get going now,” Jinyoung says. Winding our way through the movie theater, we finally reach the entrance. We all climb into the car and prepare for the ride home.

            It’s actually pretty late at night now, and all of us have had a long day. The choreography practice today was a bit brutal and then we went straight to watching a movie. Needless to say, we all feel pretty tired. Almost instantly upon leaving the movie theater, Sandeul dozes off right next to me. I’ll have to bug him about his snoring later.

            Shortly after our departure, we hit a bump in the road. The next thing I know, Sandeul’s head shifts onto my left shoulder.

            “Hey, Deullie,” I whisper. But he’s still completely asleep. I can’t disturb that cute sleeping face of his. I smirk. I guess I can be his pillow for now.

            I realize that I too am very sleepy. After lacking sleep from worrying about nothing in regards to what had happened yesterday, I can feel my body begging me to get some rest. My eyelids become really heavy. I can’t resist it. I let the gently rocking car lull me to sleep, right next to Sandeul.

            What I don’t know is that while I’m sweetly dreaming, Jinyoung is snapping a photo of Sandeul and I sleeping next to each other with his phone and uploading it to Twitter. He must just be thinking that the fans will love this.

How embarrassing.

 

sanro1.png