Side Chapter - Sandeul's Thoughts

More Than Jealousy

            So, what happened after I left, after I… somehow kissed him? Well, I went outside and took a walk around the block to clear my head and avoid him. Knowing Baro, he’d be likely to question me and make me spill out whatever I'm thinking. I was also trying to figure out what I would say when the time comes, when Baro asks me why I did what I did.

            To put it simply, I want it forgotten.

            I know Baro won’t accept my feelings in that way. I don’t want to lose him as one of my closest friends either. The solution seems simple—take whatever I had done and disregard it completely. I’ll tell him that it was an accident, that it was nothing. Only then will we be able to return to our regular relationship, as friendship.

            When I had mentally prepared myself to face Baro, I entered the dorm quietly and saw that everyone was entranced by the TV. I didn’t want to bother him or approach him directly, so I took the opportunity and snuck straight into the bedroom. I somehow managed to fall asleep shortly after that.

            Upon waking up the next day, I decided that I was going to go back to being the same old smiling Sandeul that everyone knows. Besides, this will help get the relationship between Baro and I back on track, and it will be easier to fool him into thinking that what I did was actually nothing when he finally asks me about it.

            Strangely enough, that time hasn’t come. Baro has yet to ask me about the kiss. Everyone else in the group seems to be acting normal too, so I assume that he hasn’t told anyone else about what had happened.

            Maybe he’s already thinking that it was nothing. That what I had done was just something random with no meaning.

            I’m okay with that. It will be easier for me to accept and move on.

            Whatever special feelings I have for him now, I’ll try to hide and erase. I’m going to just be friends with him, since I know it’ll never move on from that.