Chapter 8

More Than Jealousy

            It’s one of those nights where I can’t seem to fall asleep, no matter what I do. Everyone else is already somewhere faraway in dreamland. The only sound I hear is the calm breathing of the other members in their sleep. I’m absolutely bored and wide awake, so I take out my phone and start messing around on it. Not sure how this will make me sleepy any faster, but at least it’s slightly entertaining.

            I suddenly go on alert when I feel my bunk shaking. Someone, or something is climbing up the ladder. It’s pitch black in the room and I can’t see. Oh wait, I have my phone. I shine it in the direction of the figure.

            A grinning Sandeul greets me on the end of the bed.

            I sigh. “What are you doing doing here?” I ask.

            Sandeul puts his hand in front of his face to shield it from the phone’s light. “First, put the phone down,” he requests

            I do as he says, setting it down in front of me so it illuminates us equally. “Okay. Now that that’s done, what’s up?”

            “I can’t sleep,” he states simply. “It looks like you can’t either. We’re the only ones awake right now.”

            For whatever reason, I can’t seem to find the energy to deal with Sandeul in particular right now. I point at the time on my phone’s display. “It’s 1AM. You’re going to keep me up even longer. I’m going to bed.”

            I grab the phone, turn it off, and lay down to sleep. I slip into the covers and close my eyes. Sandeul will get the idea that I want to be left alone.

            Or maybe not.

            I feel a slight thud to my right. Sandeul’s head is taking up space on my pillow.

            “Hey! Go back to your own bed!” I hiss.

            “Don’t wanna. Yours is more comfortable,” he says drowsily, pulling some of my blankets on top of him. “I feel like I’ll actually be able to sleep here…” He stretches and yawns. A sudden silence then invades the room. That is, until I hear Sandeul snoring. But I can tell he’s totally faking it.

            I turn to face him. As I thought, his eyes are closed and he appears to be asleep. That won’t fool me!

            I begin to shake him. “I told you to go back to your bed!” I scold. “I know you aren’t really asleep!” No response.

            I shake him even more roughly. “Come on, I need sleep, and you definitely aren’t helping!” He continues to act like he’s asleep, but I can see a slight grin creeping up his face.

            I guess I’ll have to use my final, ultimate weapon. “Get up!” I demand, and start poking his sides. Sandeul’s really ticklish there. He definitely won’t be able to sleep like this.

            He then bursts out into this really loud, obnoxious laughter. I suddenly realize that everyone else is still asleep. Not to mention, in the position we’re in now, it would be kinda awkward if they saw us like this. Why? I don’t know. Without thinking, I cover his mouth with my hand to muffle his laughs.

            He immediately stops and looks up at me with wide eyes. I suddenly realize that this has even ended up awkward too.

            “Okay, I’ll stop,” he says quietly, his lips brushing against my palm between every word.

            His… lips…

            My hand shoots off of his face instantly, and I feel mine get really hot. What kind of reaction was that? I can’t think about that thing anymore!

            Frustrated and kind of embarrassed, I turn away from him and close my eyes tightly. He better leave me alone now, or else…

            “Sorry,” Sandeul tells me softly as he leans in next to my ear. He makes me feel this weird chill that sweep through my entire body. “I hope you sleep well.” He then shuffles off of my bed and returns to his own.

            His words are ironic. Now, because of him, I can’t sleep well at all!

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A/N: I like this chapter a lot better than the last one, so I figured I'd update it right away. :D Things are starting to get interesting and complicated...