Chapter 4

More Than Jealousy

            What… just happened?

            I had taken my shower and I went to grab a t-shirt to throw on. I saw Sandeul sitting on the floor with his computer. Since yesterday, he’s been acting weird. Sandeul is normally all smiley and upbeat, but recently he seems to be out of it and maybe a little down. It even feels like he's avoiding me.

            So I went and a bit, trying to cheer him up, because that’s just what I do. But again, his reaction was weird. He instantly started backing away from me. Even though he told me to leave him alone, I couldn’t. I knew that something was wrong and I was concerned. So I turned him towards me to see if he was really sick. His face was very red and warm, so I was thinking that he had a fever.

            But instead… he… did that.

            Now, I’m sitting on the floor, my hair still dripping wet. I’m completely dumbfounded. Seriously, what do I do now?

            Should I approach him and ask him why he did that? Because honestly, I want Sandeul to go back to normal and be the happy, smiley guy that he is. And if I did something to him to make him act this way, he should tell me instead of keeping it all to himself.

            But still… why did he do that?

            I put on a shirt and step out of the bedroom. Everyone is still watching TV, minus Sandeul. I go up to Jinyoung and ask where he went. He tells me that he’s out on a walk to get some fresh air.

            Great. He’s continuing to avoid me.

            I join the others on the couch and watch the drama. But I can’t concentrate. I’m really worried about Sandeul…

            I also recall the feeling of that moment… Ah, why am I remembering this? I feel all weird just thinking about it.

            After the hour-long episode concludes, Gongchan grabs the remote and turns off the TV. “I’m sleepy,” he says. “It’s late and I know Sandeul has gone to bed. I think we should do the same.”

            Sandeul had come back and snuck into bed? That little ninja. I wanted to talk to him! But now that I think about it, maybe he doesn’t want to talk to me. He told me that I should have left him alone, and I didn’t. He was crying though. Ugh, I don’t know anymore. I’ll just go to bed and think about it more tomorrow.

           

            Yeah, so much for that.

            I couldn’t sleep all that well. Sandeul’s recent weirdness is really getting to me, and I’m very bothered by it.

            I trudge over to the bathroom, wash up, and then go to the kitchen to get some food. I join Jinyoung at the table.

            “Are you ok, Baro?” Jinyoung asks. “You don’t look too well.”

            I shrug, and say, “Yeah. Couldn't really fall asleep last night. It’s ok though.” I don’t want Jinyoung to find out that there’s something going on between Sandeul and I. Because then he’ll want to know all about it and discuss it during one of those pow-wow share-your-feelings meetings to fix things like we do every Saturday. This is just something between us right now, I think.

            Sandeul comes into the room at that moment. He rubs his eyes, still obviously sleepy. But in an instant, a brilliant smile plasters itself on his face. “Good morning Jinyoung! Good morning Baro!”

            Good… morning? He’s smiling? And talking to me?

            It’s like he’s completely gone back to normal.

            This guy is nuts.

            I finish eating my breakfast, and Sandeul is chatting up a storm. Yeah, he’s definitely back to normal.

            However, it still bothers me. Why would he be acting so strange before, do that to me, and then end up like this? I don’t understand him. Maybe the thing he did yesterday was a prank.

            Yeah, that’s it.

            Sandeul and I always joke around, so I’m sure it was just a spur-of-the-moment thing.

            We’ll just leave it at that.