Chapter 3

This is Our Story

            Our Japan trip was finally over. Three days of running and kicking and teaching kids to play soccer. It was fun, but I was glad to be home.

            Yunho’s dad was still out of town so we went to his house. Changmin raided the fridge as soon as we entered. Yoochun and Junsu practically collapsed on the sofa and I curled up in a large armchair.

            Changmin emerged from the kitchen, arms laden with snacks and drinks. He sat in front of the sofa and passed around bottles of water.

            “This was a great weekend. Yunho got scouted and made captain. I met a sweet Japanese high school girl. Junsu is going to be a starter next year. Jaejoong, what good thing happened to you?” Changmin peered at me as if he knew something.

            I glanced at Yunho quickly. “Nothing really,” I said quickly.

            “I’m hurt Jaejoongie. Am I really nothing to you?” Yunho crossed his arms over his chest.

            “You finally did it! You finally asked Yunho out? It’s about bloody time!” Junsu jumped up. He threw his arms around my neck and hugged me so tightly I couldn’t breathe.

            “Something like that.” Yunho laughed. “We kinda came to a mutual understanding that we wanted to be each other’s boyfriend.”

            Junsu laughed and kissed my cheek. “I’m really happy for you.”

            Yoochun stared at me with a ton of unasked questions. He shook his head and smile.

            “I can’t believe you sometimes,” Yoochun laughed. “I really didn’t think either of you had the balls to say anything.”

            Changmin merely rolled his eyes and continued to eat his snacks. “It’s about damn time,” he muttered.

            Yunho responded by slapping him on the back of his head. I covered my mouth to hide my laughter while Changmin glared at Yunho. Changmin stuck his tongue out and went back to eating his snacks.

            Yunho sat on the floor in front of me and rested his head on my thigh. My hands immediately went to his hair, it slowly. We watched TV for a while.

            “I’m going to bed. Yoochun and Junsu are already passed out and I don’t want to watch you two each other’s faces.” Changmin stood and threw a blanket over Yoochun and Junsu before heading up to his room.

            “I bet you’re tired,” I said softly. “Why don’t you go to bed too?”

            “You’re not coming with me?”

            “I’m not really tired. I think I’m just going to read for a little while.”

            “Come up to bed with me,” Yunho whispered. He pressed a kiss to my clothed thigh. “You can read in bed.”

            “I don’t want to keep you up.” I didn’t know what to do. I wanted to stay with Yunho, but part of me was nervous.

            “You won’t. Please, Jaejoong. Come to bed with me.”

            I let him lead me up the stairs. We stopped in front of the linen closet and Yunho pulled out an extra blanket. I was always cold at night.

            Yunho stripped down to his boxers and crawled into bed. I hesitated.

            “You know where I keep sweat pants, you can change and read all you’d like.” He closed his eyes and turned his back to me, giving me the illusion of privacy.

            I took off my pants but didn’t put on sweat pants. I dug through Yunho’s t-shirt drawer looking for a certain shirt.

            I found it on the bottom of the drawer, tucked into a corner. I really didn’t blame him for not wearing it. I bought it for him last year and accidentally got it two sizes too big. I absolutely swam in it. But I didn’t care.

            It took some adjusting, but I managed to get comfortable sitting against the head board. Yunho laid his head on my chest and wrapped his arms around my waist. I tangled my fingers into his hair and massaged his head softly. He moaned lightly. I knew he was fighting a headache all day, he was just too stubborn to tell me. I read as Yunho slowly fell asleep on me.

 

 

 

            It was nearly 3 am by the time I flicked off the light. Yunho had rolled away from me a few hours ago. He was using my bicep as a pillow. I moved slowly, trying not to disturb him too much. I draped my leg over his legs and tried to settle down. I was having a hard time sleeping. I concentrated on Yunho’s breathing, hoping it would calm me enough to sleep.

            It didn’t help. I just laid in bed, wide awake. I touched and kissed different parts of Yunho’s body, careful not to wake him up. I lingered on the nape of his neck. The skin was soft and fragrant. I traced his vertebrae with my finger down to the center of his back.

            I pressed a kiss to his shoulder and the hard muscles rippled under my touch.

            “So, molesting your boyfriend in his sleep is the thing to do now?” Yunho said, groggily.

            I flushed crimson. “I’m sorry,” I stammered. “I couldn’t sleep.”

            “Do you want something? I think I still have some of that Tylenol PM stuff in my drawer.” He turned over to face me and kissed my cheek.

            “No. I’m not in any pain, just not able to sleep. I’m thinking too much.”

            “About what?” Yunho my hair.

            “I don’t know really. Just everything.” I traced his lips with my thumb.

            “Do you want to talk about anything?”

            “Not really. I just don’t want to be awake right now.” I sighed.

            Yunho pulled me closer to him and continued to my head. “Just close your eyes.”

            I took a deep breath and tried to relax. There was so much on my mind and sleep just refused to come. Yunho sat up and pulled me on to his lap. I tucked my head into the crook of his neck.

            “I wish you would tell me what’s wrong, Jaejoongie.”

            “There’s nothing wrong, so to speak,” I mumbled into his shoulder. “I’m just nervous about talking to Mom and Dad. They kinda already knew that I was gay, but to be in a relationship…”

            “I’m not looking forward to talking to Dad either, but he’s never here so he can’t really care. Everything will be okay. You’re parents love me. And it’s not like anything bad will happen.”

            I laughed softly. What bad could happen? We have been friends for years, even if I did have a huge crush on him for most of that time. I laid on my back and stared up at the ceiling.

            Yunho hugged me tightly and rested his head on my chest. “I’m going to go back to sleep. At least try to rest, even if you don’t sleep.”

            “Okay,” I whispered. I tangled my hand into his hair again and tried to relax.

 

 

            I crawled out of Yunho’s bed around 5 in the morning. I made coffee and sat at the table mindlessly drinking my first cup of many. It was weird having so much energy even though I didn’t sleep.

            I watched the sun rise as I did the dishes. I climbed back up the stairs to Yunho’s room. He was still asleep. I slid into bed next to him. He was warm with sleep.

            If I was lucky, he would sleep for a couple more hours and I could maybe get an hour. I kissed the nape of Yunho’s neck and nuzzled against his shoulder.

            I didn’t sleep. Yunho woke up an hour later. I brought him downstairs and made him breakfast and a cup of coffee.

            “The others will be awake soon.”

            “I know. I didn’t sleep at all last night. I’m not even tired.”

            “I’m sorry. I wish there was something I could do to help you.”

            “Don’t worry about it. I’ll wear myself out today and sleep good tonight.”

            Yunho kissed the top on my head. “You better. I don’t want you getting sick.”

            The day crawled on slowly and by noon I was ready for a nap. Changmin helped me make a simple lunch.

            We all ate on the back deck, taking in the warmth on the sun. I rested my head on Yunho’s shoulder as the conversation lulled. I think I was almost asleep when we heard the screen door slam shut. I jumped away from Yunho.

            “Dad’s home,” Changmin said, worry tingeing his voice.

            “I’ll go talk to him.” Yunho stood stiffly and walked into the house. I followed his steps with my eyes.

            “Do you think your Dad’s mad about something?” I asked Changmin.

            He shrugged. “Probably. He’s been in a mood lately.” Changmin smiled sadly at you. “It’s not about you. Probably.”

            Changmin didn’t make me feel any better and I felt worse when we heard screaming from inside the house. We couldn’t make out the words.

            I jumped when we heard several doors slam. Yunho stomped out of the house and grabbed my arm.

            “Let’s go.” He pulled me to my feet.

            I stumbled as I followed him down the porch stairs. “Where are we going?”

            “I don’t know yet. Just not here.”

            I scrambled into Yunho’s car nervously. I had never seen him so angry. He drove fast out of town towards the lake. He took the turns quickly. I held on to the door handle to keep myself from being tossed around the car.

            “Yunho? Where are we going?” I asked again. “You’re scaring me.”

            He slammed on the brakes, propelling me forward. He caught me with his arm before I hit the dash.

            “You okay?”

            I nodded. I wasn’t hurt, just terrified. I stared at Yunho for a long time. “Where are we?”

            “Mom’s cabin. It was left to her by her parents. When Mom died, it became mine, according to her will. Well, Dad maintains it, but it’s mine.” I could hear the absolute anger in his voice. I reached out and touched his shoulder lightly.

            “What happened?”

            “Dad’s getting remarried. To some Japanese woman. We’ve never even met her.”

            I couldn’t speak. I couldn’t believe Yunho’s Dad would get remarried. He still had her pictures all over the house. Yunho’s mother had been very beautiful. Yunho looked a lot like her.

            “Let’s go inside. I stocked it with some stuff a few weeks ago. We can hang out here until Monday. I just don’t want to be home right now.”

            We cleaned up the cabin, dusting and vacuuming. It was small, but nice. Three bedrooms, an all-in-one dining room, living room and kitchen and a tiny bathroom.

            “We don’t have any clothes,” I said, once we finished cleaning. I was hot a sweaty from the hard work.

            “My bag’s in the truck. There’s a washer and dryer in the mudroom too.” Yunho walked toward me slowly. He peeled off his shirt as he walked.

            I gulped, but didn’t move away. I put my hand on his chest and took a deep breath. He leaned forward and kissed me. I mimicked the movements of his lips with my own. I brought one hand up and tangled in into his slightly damp hair.

            “Let’s go shower,” he suggested. He pulled me in the direction of the bathroom.

            I let him pulled my shirt off. My whole body flushed. I stared as he stripped and the shower. We had never taken a shower together before.

            Yunho stepped in to the stall first. I watched him soap himself up. The steam fogged the mirrors and made my head swim.

            “Are you gonna shower Jae? Or just stand there?”

            “Yeah, sorry.” I stepped out of my pants, but stood outside of the shower.

            “Stop being shy, Jae. We’re just showering.” Yunho grabbed my arm and pulled me in to the shower.

            I yelp under the hot spray. I tried to jump out of the way of the water and slipped. I fell against Yunho’s chest.

            Yunho laughed as he righted me on my feet. “How are you so clumsy?”

            “I don’t know. It’s really hot in here.”

            “Trade places with me.” Yunho stepped around me and guided me to the back of the stall. He finished washing his body and turned the hot water down. We switched places again and Yunho washed my body, slowly but not teasingly. He washed my hair, massaging my scalp. I leaned back against Yunho and looked up at him.

            He kissed my forehead. “This good?”

            “Yeah,” I sighed. I didn’t want to get out of the shower.

            Yunho stepped out first and wrapped a towel around his waist. He took a bigger towel and wrapped it around my shoulders, pulling me into a tight hug.

            “I freaked out a little. I’m sorry.”

            “I understand.” I rubbed his shoulder.

            “It’s just, I don’t know…” He hugged me tighter. “Why now?”

            “Maybe he’s just getting lonely. You and Min are going to college soon. Maybe he just wants the company and he loves her very much.”

            “I guess. It just hurts. I thought Dad still loved Mom.”

            “He does. But he can’t stayed tied to her forever.”

            Yunho was quiet as we stood there, holding each other. I pressed a soft kiss to his shoulder.

            “Do you think he’s really mad at me?” Yunho asked after a long time.

            “No. I think he’s upset, but I don’t think he’s mad.” I took a few steps backwards, pulling Yunho with me. “I’m really tired. Let’s go to sleep.”

            “You’re not hungry?”

            I shook my head. “I just want some sleep.”

            I sprawled out on the bed and dropped the towel on the floor. I felt nervous and liberated being . The comforter felt nice against my skin. Yunho slipped on to the bed next to me. He was too.

            “Do you want to get dressed?” He pulled a light blanket that had been folded on the bottom of the bed over us.

            “Nope. I just want to sleep.” I turned to my side and wiggled closer to Yunho. I jumped forward when my came in contact with his half hard .

            “It’s okay, Jae.” He placed his hand on my hip and pulled me back to him. “We don’t have to do anything.”

            I tensed for a moment before relaxing against him. “You don’t want to do anything?”

            “Well, I want to.” Yunho squeezed my hip. “But I know you want to wait, so I’ll wait.”

            I laced my fingers through his. The cabin was quiet. I fell asleep quickly to the feeling of the rise and fall of Yunho’s chest against my back.

---------------------------------------------------------------

Wow..... It's been a while and I'm so sorry. OTL It's been a long semester. Again, it's was given to me by the wonderful parkmincheon. She's amazing! And yes, there will be YunJae y times next chapter. ;)