Chapter 16

This is Our Story

I woke up pinned under Junsu and Yunho. I struggled to sit up and Junsu whined. I suppressed a laugh as Junsu rolled over on to Yoochun.

 

I padded to the kitchen and put the kettle on. I gazed out the window and rubbed my belly. I couldn't wait to feel the twins move. “I love you both so much. My perfect little angels,” I whispered.

 

Yunho came and stood next to me after a few minutes. “Remember, you have to relax today.”

 

“I know.” I laced my fingers around his.

 

“I'm serious, Jaejoongie. If I come home and you're cleaning or anything like that, I will tie you to the bed.”

 

I turned to him and wrapped my arms around his neck. “I promise I'll relax. I'll put a pillow behind my back and make Junsu wait on me hand and foot.” Yunho chuckled as he pressed soft kisses to my neck. I wanted him to never stop touching me.

 

I gave Yunho a lasting kiss before he left for work. I hated not being able to work. I felt like I had to do something. But we couldn't risk someone finding out that I was pregnant. I wanted to keep that a secret for as long as possible.

 

I made good on my promise to relax for the day. Junsu was perfect all day and made sure I was comfortable. After Yoochun made us lunch, we went for a swim in the lake. The water was cool and clear. It felt wonderful to swim.

 

“We can't stay the night,” Junsu said as we stretched out on the dock. “I have to work tomorrow and Yoochun has a piano lesson.”

 

“I should probably head home too.” I didn't want to leave the cabin, but I knew I had to spend some time with my family.

 

“You want to ride back with us? Yoochun's bike has that rack. I've ridden on it a bunch of times.”

 

“I'm gonna wait for Yunho. Maybe we'll spend one more night out here and I'll ride in with him tomorrow.”

 

We walked up the stone stairs back to the cabin. Junsu kept his arm around my waist and held my hand, as if I was going to fall at any moment. I let him. It was easier than fighting with him. And if I was going to be completely honest with my self, I enjoyed the affection.

 

“Do you want us to stay until Yunho gets back?” Yoochun asked.

 

I turned and looked at the clock. “No. You can go whenever. Yunho will be home in a couple hours.”

 

“You sure?” Junsu questioned. “We don't want to leave you alone if you're not comfortable.”

 

“I'm fine. I'm probably just going to lay here like a lump and read. You can go.”

 

“Okay,” Junsu said hesitantly. He leaned over me and kissed my cheek. “Call me if you need anything.”

 

I nodded and watched hem leave. I adjusted the pillow behind my back and reached for my book. A twinge of pain shot up my back. I winced and readjusted.

 

I was completely lost in my book and didn't hear the door open. I didn't hear Yunho come in or say my name. I practically jumped out of my skin when he touched my shoulder.

 

“Sorry, Jaejoongie. I didn't mean to scare you.” Yunho sat down and pulled my feet on to his lap.

 

“It's okay. How was work?” I tried to sit up more but Yunho gently pushed on my shoulder. “Lay back.”

 

I huffed and sat up again. “I'm hungry. I'm going to make us dinner. And don't even try to stop me. Exercise is good for me. I'm not over doing anything and I'm perfectly fine.”

 

Yunho stared at me wide-eyed. “You're the boss. Just let me know if you need any help.” He leaned forward and kissed me on the lips. I smiled against his mouth.

 

He followed me into the kitchen. “Do you need something?” I asked.

 

“No. I just want to be near you. Will it be distracting if I back hug you while you chop the veggies?”

 

“A little bit.” I turned to the counter to start preparing dinner. I meeped when Yunho wrapped his arms around me and buried his face into my hair.

 

“I'm not going to stay here long. I just want to touch you for a minute.”

 

I leaned back into his arms, letting him support most of my weight. “What's wrong?”

 

“Nothing. I want to hold you.” He placed soft kisses along my neck. “You smell like fresh water.”

 

“We went swimming.” I put down the knife and turned in his arms. He smelled sweaty and warm. I kissed his neck, under his ear and the slightly salty flesh into my mouth. He moaned and tightened his arms around me.

 

“This isn't cooking dinner,” he said softly.

 

“I know. I know.” I stepped back and sighed. “Okay. Go sit on the sofa.” I kissed his lips and shooed him away. I made a simple dinner. And by the time I was done my feet and back were killing me.

 

“Are you really okay?” Yunho asked as we ate dinner.

 

“Standing too long hurts.”

 

Yunho rubbed my back slowly. “Relax for a while. I'll do the dishes.”

 

I nodded and tried to relax on the sofa. After Yunho was finished with the dishes he put in a movie.

 

“I'm worried about your back hurting,” he said softly.

 

“I'm not. I'm sure I'm just tired. Dr. Jang told us this would happen.”

 

“I guess. But I want you to take it easy for a while.”

 

“Yunho,” I sighed. “All I do is take it easy. There is no reason why I can't live my life almost exactly the way I have been. I'm young, healthy and fully capable.”

 

“Okay. I just want you to be healthy.”

 

“I am healthy,” I asserted. “Why does everyone treat me like I'm going to break?”

 

“No one's ever dealt with this before, Jaejoongie. No one really knows what's going to happen in a few months when you have the babies.”

 

I sat up and moved away from him. “We're not fighting about this. I'm going to bed.” I laid in the room, counting my breaths. I wasn't even really sure why I was mad. I just knew that Yunho was over reacting for nothing.

 

A few minutes later Yunho sat on the edge of the bed. “Jaejoongie, I'm sorry. I know we've all been tip-toeing around you lately. But it's just because we care.” He ran his hand up and down my arm.

 

“I'm not fragile,” I said softly.

 

“I know that. Jaejoongie, I just want to make sure you're okay and nothing bad happens to you.”

 

I stayed quiet. I really didn't know how to respond. Yunho laid down next to me and kissed my shoulder. I rolled over to face and tucked myself against his chest. He was right. As much as I hated to admit it, he was right. Everyone was just looking out for my health. “I'm sorry for snapping.”

 

“Don't be. We're all treating you like glass and we shouldn't be. I'll be better about that. I promise.”

 

I kissed his chin and settled down. I was oddly peaceful and excited about meeting our babies. I was ready to be a father.

 

And that didn't terrify me at all.

 

***

 

By the time my next appointment came around, I felt like a beached whale. Yunho was working, so Junsu came with me. We sat in the waiting room of the empty building waiting for Dr. Jang. Junsu asked me a million questions. I tired to answer the best I could with out getting annoyed.

 

Dr. Jang brought us into the exam room and I stretched out on the table. She measured my stomach and smiled. “You're looking great. The babies growing at the right pace. How are you feeling?”

 

“Good. Bloated, but okay.” I shrugged. I wasn't sure how I was supposed to feel.

 

“Anymore sickness?”

 

“Only if I eat certain things. I had tomato sauce last night and almost got sick. And cherries make me queasy too.”

 

“Totally normal. As long as it's only a few foods and you don't feel sick every time you eat, you'll be fine.” She pulled the ultrasound machine over to her. “You know the drill.”

 

I laid back and stayed still as Dr. Jang squeezed the gel on to my stomach. I reached for Junsu's hand. It just felt nice to hold someone's hand while I watched the fuzzy screen slowly come into focus.

 

“They are looking great. Healthy and big. Have you and Yunho thought about names?”

 

“Everyone asks us that. But we only know that if we have a girl she will be named Haeri, after his Mom.”

 

“That's a very lovely name.” She printed pictures from the screen then turned the machine off. “You're all done. I don't think I'll have to see you for a few weeks. Probably around 16 or 17 weeks. You and the babies are doing just fine and everything looks normal.”

 

“Thank you.” I got dressed and folded the pictures carefully, putting them in my pocket to show Yunho when he got out of work.

 

“That was...” Junsu started to say as we climbed into Mom's car. “Wow. Just wow.”

 

“Yeah. That's how I felt the first time I saw the ultrasound.”

 

“So the babies are doing well?” Mom asked.

 

“Yeah. Dr. Jang seemed happy with their growth. I can't wait to show Yunho.” I rubbed my hand over my belly. “They're healthy.”

 

“That's good.” Mom smiled. I was glad she was as happy as Yunho and I were.

 

Junsu and I sat up in my room talking happily. He was excited about the ultrasound and kept looking at the pictures. “So, by your next appointment, will you be able to find out the genders?”

 

I shrugged. “Maybe. Sometimes it's hard to tell.”

 

“They are going to be beautiful. We all keep saying that, but my god. I just keep looking at you and Yunho and your features are just going to blend so well together.” He laughed at himself. “That sounded ridiculous.”

 

I laughed with him. “Yeah it did. But I appreciate the compliments.” I stretched my arms over my head and relaxed. My back hadn't hurt all day and I was counting that as a win.

 

 

 

 

I was almost asleep by the time Yunho got out of work. I hated that he was working double shifts. And I was pretty sure it was illegal. But Yunho told me not to worry about it because the money was worth it.

 

Yunho slid into bed behind me and kissed my shoulder. I whined. He laughed gently and kissed me again before settling down. It didn't take him long to fall asleep.

 

I watched him sleep for a while. Guilt took over as I sat in the darkness. I wanted to do more for him so he wouldn't be so tired all the time. I rubbed his back lightly, hoping he would sleep late and just rest. I had wanted to show him the ultrasound pictures as soon as he got home, but they could wait til the morning.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Such a short chapter, but I had to get something up. I've been so busy lately and haven't had time to do anything. So, I decided to just hammer out this short chapter and set up things for the next chapter.