Chapter 15

This is Our Story

The month dragged by. Three weeks were filled with boring, hot, ungodly uncomfortable days. Nights were better. Michiko pleaded with Mr. Jung to let Yunho stay over my house more often. And Mom agreed and practically pushed me out of the house at least three days a week to stay over at Yunho's or Junsu's.

 

We were laying on Yunho's bed, not touching. It was just too hot. “You're almost through your first trimester,” Yunho said. He reached out and patted my belly gently.

 

“Yeah. Two more weeks and I'll be into my second.” I ran my hands over my stomach. I was just starting to show. The bump more defined, looking more like a pregnant belly instead of just looking like I packed on a few pounds. I gained so much weight in the first few weeks, but it steadied out quickly.

 

“When's you next appointment?”

 

“Next week sometime. I'm not sure when.”

 

“I'm working everyday next week. That .”

 

“Don't worry. I'll bring home pictures. And Junsu wants to go with me to an appointment, so I'll take him.” I laced my fingers around his and brought his wrist up to my lips, nipping on the skin gently.

 

“I can try to get the day off.”

 

“No. You don't have to worry. Junsu will take care of me for the day.” I rolled over to look at him. “He's really excited to see the ultrasound.”

 

“I am too. I can't wait to see how much the babies have grown.”

 

“Changmin still hasn't introduced us to his mystery friend,” I said, changing the topic abruptly. “I'm a little worried.”

 

“Yeah. Changmin's always been a bit secretive though. He'll introduce us when he's ready.” Yunho tangled his hand into my hair. “Do you think he's dating that person?”

 

I bit my lip, unsure if I should tell Yunho what Changmin had told me. “I don't know. He's close to the person, I know that much.”

 

“Did he tell you if he's hanging with a guy or a girl?”

 

“No, he didn't.” It wasn't technically a lie. “Everything will be fine.”

 

“I hope so.” Yunho rolled on to his stomach with a loud whine. “It's too hot!”

 

“There's nothing we can do, so just try to go to sleep.”

 

Yunho sprang up. “Yes there is. Get dressed, we're going out to the cabin.”

 

“Why? It's hot here. It's gonna be hot there. At least here we have ice cream.”

 

“We'll grab a couple cartons on the way. It'll be nice at the cabin. I'll pull bed to deck and we can sleep outside.”

 

I groaned, but let Yunho drag me out of the bed. Sluggishly, I pulled on a pair of shorts and one of Yunho's tank tops.

 

We stopped at a convenience store to get supplies for a few days. Mostly snack typed stuff; we had stocked the cabin with rice and pasta a few weeks ago. And Yunho promised to bring back veggies and fruits after work.

 

I really did love the cabin, if you could really call it a cabin. It was a weird mix of traditional and modern. Two stories tall but set up like a traditional Korean house.

 

I sat on the edge of the deck and watched Yunho set up a mesh screen to keep bugs out while we slept. He dragged the mattress from the master bedroom to the deck. It was much cooler at the cabin. A soft breeze came down from the mountain and over the lake, cooling the air.

 

I crawled onto the bed and sighed.

 

“Feeling better?” Yunho asked. He sprawled out next to me.

 

“Much better. This was a great idea.”

 

“I'll call Yoochun and Junsu in the morning to come out and keep you company. It should only take them about 45 minutes, an hour tops to bike out here.”

 

“That will be nice. Maybe we will go swimming.” I looked out over the lake. The whole property was surrounded by a high privacy fence. There was an arched gate that led down stone stairs to the dock on the lake.

 

“It's quiet here,” Yunho said, jarring me from my thoughts.

 

“I like it here. I think... Maybe once the babies are born and I get my license, we really could live here.”

 

“The babies will love it here. Changmin and I always did.” He twirled a stand of my hair around his fingers.

 

“Did you used to do this with your Mom? Sleep outside, I mean.”

 

“Yeah.” Yunho rolled on to his side to face me. “During Changmin's first summer we came out here and Dad set up the net and Mom rolled out sleeping bags for us. I wanted to sleep next to Mom so bad, but she said Changmin needed to be next to her in case he needed anything. Dad tells me I cried for almost an hour.”

 

I laughed. “What did your mom do?”

 

“I don't really remember, honestly. I do remember waking up the next morning curled around Changmin. I think that's when I decided I had to keep him safe at all costs.”

 

“That's really sweet. I hope our babies are like that with each other.”

 

“They will be.” He pushed up on his elbows and leaned over me. He kissed my forehead and down to my cheek. “I love you,” he whispered against my skin. I turned to him and kissed his lips softly.

 

 

 

I was awake before Yunho. I sat on the edge of the deck with a cup of tea and watched the sun rise. The air was cool and the breeze made me shiver. I rubbed my arms trying to warm them up.

 

Yunho sat next to me a few moments later. He wrapped a light blanket around my shoulders. I leaned against his side and sighed contently. Watching the sunrise, while wrapped in Yunho's arms was paradise. We didn't need words in that moment. We just enjoyed each other.

 

“I'm starting home schooling in a week. I should be able to finish my GED in 7 months,” I said.

 

“Good. I can quit school too. I can work more. We'll be...”

 

“Stop. I don't want you to quit for me. Mom and Dad already said they'll help us out. You need to continue for as long as possible. I don't want you to miss out on a great scholarship because of me.”

 

“Jae...” I cut him off with a kiss.

 

“Stop. Those Japanese recruiters want you so bad they can taste it. And I bet Seoul University will want you even more. Please, please don't ruin your chances because of me. I'll be fine during the day with Mom.”

 

“Really? Promise?” he said.

 

“I promise. I'll be fine.” I kissed him again, slow and perfect. He slid his hand under my shirt, rubbing my belly.

 

“You didn't get sick this morning.”

 

“Nope. I think I'm getting over it, finally.”

 

“I don't want to got to work today. I'll miss you.”

 

I laughed. “You're only going to be gone a few hours. Junsu and Yoochun will come keep me company.”

 

“I'll give you a massage tonight. I know you're back has been bothering you.”

 

“I'm fine,” I argued.

 

“I can tell by the way you are walking. You're back is hurting because the twins are growing. I've been reading all about pregnancies so I can get an idea about what it's doing to your body.”

 

“So now you're an expert or something.” I rolled my eyes.

 

“No, I'm not. I'm just trying to be understanding. I want to support you and help you.”

 

“I know. I know and I'm not being... Grateful, I guess.”

 

“Jaejoongie, it's fine. I'm doing this so I don't lose my temper with you or get frustrated. The more I know about your pregnancy, the better prepared I am to help you.” He kissed the side of my head. “Even when you don't want me to.”

 

I smiled at him. “I want you to. Even when I'm grumpy or mad.”

 

Yunho hugged me tighter. “Love you lots. I need to go shower. Join me?”

 

“Not today. I'm gonna get another cup of tea.”

 

“Okay.” Yunho kissed my head again. He stood and helped me stand. “I can bring you in with me. I can drop you off at Yoochun's or Junsu's.”

 

“I want to stay here. I want to swim and relax. Just send Yoochun and Junsu here.”

 

“Do you really like it here?” he asked.

 

“I love it. It's so quiet and clean here.” I made my tea and sat at the table. I reached out and took Yunho's hand in mine. I kissed the knuckles and his palm. “I want to live here. With you and our babies.”

 

Yunho smiled down at me. “Okay. We'll make this happen. I'll talk to Dad and see if he can come out and help us fix up this place. And I'm going to get you those cribs.”

 

“If you don't get in the shower soon, you'll be late for work.”

 

 

 

I watched Yunho drive off to work, blowing him kisses and waving. I had little else to do while I waited for Yoochun and Junsu, so I swept and mopped the kitchen and courtyard. As I cleaned, I made mental notes of everything we needed to really make it a home. I wanted to string up a line to dry laundry. After, of course, we repaved the courtyard.

 

The cabin wasn't falling apart, but it did need lots of repairs. The room I wanted to use as the nursery actually need the most work. The window faced west, so the twins could watch the sunset every night.

 

And the kitchen needed to be remodeled. It was ancient and the stove was testy. The last thing I wanted was an accident to happen because of a faulty stove.

 

I was sweeping the porch when Junsu and Yoochun rode up on their bikes.

 

“Should you be doing that?” Junsu asked as he climbed the stairs. He took the broom away from me.

 

“Doing what? I'm only cleaning a bit. And I'm not lifting anything heavy. I was waiting for you to get here to do the hard stuff.”

 

“Show me what needs to be done.” Junsu grabbed Yoochun's hand and dragged him along with us. I showed them all the little things that could be fixed and had them move the stove and fridge so I could sweep and mop.

 

We didn't stop cleaning until Yunho came home several hours later.

 

“Kim Jaejoong! What do you think you are doing?” Yunho shouted.

 

“I'm mopping the floor,” I stuttered.

 

“You should be relaxing. That's what you said you wanted to do today.”

 

“This is relaxing. I'm making this our home. We can't live in filth,” I said.

 

“Well, stop now. Go sit down and I'll finish.” Yunho turned to Junsu and Yoochun. “You two let me do all this work?”

 

“We tried to stop him but he just yelled at us,” Junsu explained. “He just yelled at us to move the sofa.”

 

Yunho shook his head and pulled me close. “Relax now. Go sit down and put your feet up.” I let him steer me to the sofa. “What else needs to be done?”

 

“I made a list. There's a lot of work that needs to be done. Mostly cosmetic, but there's some water damage that could mean leaks.”

 

“I'll have Dad come take a look. What can we do ourselves?”

 

“I'm not really sure. We do need to fix up the blue bedroom for the nursery. The window needs to be replaced. And I would want to replace that carpet. It's gross.”

 

“Okay. That's going to cost a lot of money.”

 

“Then let's focus on the window, first. Then we can work towards other things.”

 

“I got job!” Junsu shouted.

 

“Okay...” I said slowly.

 

“Well, I can help out a bit.”

 

“No you're not!” I said firmly. “We can do just fine on our own.”

 

“You can't stop me from spoiling my cousins.”

 

“Junsu...”

 

“Stop,” he scolded. “I am going spoil those babies rotten and there is literally nothing you can do about. I'm going to buy them clothes and toys.”

 

I stood up and hugged Junsu tightly. “Thank you,” I whispered in his ear. I didn't want him to, but I was mature enough to realize that every little bit would help. Especially if we had to repair the cabin.

 

“Come on now, Jaejoongie. You need to relax. And I promised you a back massage.” Yunho pulled me back on to the sofa.

 

“Su and I will get dinner started.” Yoochun pulled Junsu into the kitchen.

 

Yunho rubbed my back gently. I leaned back into his touch, urging him to press harder. I hadn't realized how much my back was actually hurting until I stopped cleaning. He pressed harder, working his thumbs deep into the muscle.

 

“You need to relax more. Your back is so tense. It can't be good for the babies.”

 

“I just want to be in a clean house. I'll take it easy all day tomorrow. I'm make Junsu be my maid tomorrow.”

 

“I'm just concerned about your health.” Yunho kissed my shoulder as he worked the tightness out of my back. I moaned lowly and he laughed. “I'm glad it's good for you.”

 

“It's very good.” I whimpered when he hit a very tight muscle in my back.

 

“Okay?” he asked. He slowed his hands.

 

“Yeah. That was just really tight.”

 

“Dinner's ready,” Yoochun called. We gathered around the table and I smiled. Junsu served the food and Yoochun poured drinks.

 

Yunho watched me intently, making sure I ate everything on my plate. He looked very pleased when I took seconds.

 

I sent Junsu and Yoochun to the living room while Yunho and I did the dishes.

 

“You want to sleep outside again?” he asked.

 

I nodded. “Drag down a mattress for Yoochun and Junsu too.”

 

By the time Yunho dragged down the mattress I was ready for bed. I stripped down to my boxers and laid out on the bed. Junsu pushed his bed closer to mine.

 

“I want to talk to you. Just the two of us.”

 

“Okay,” I started whispering suddenly. “About what?”

 

“Just stuff. Yoochun stuff, mostly.”

 

“Trouble in paradise?” I sat up slightly and stared at Yoochun. He and Yunho were sitting on the sofa.

 

“No. Just the opposite, actually. He's perfect and kind. I feel weird.”

 

“Why?” I quirked my eyebrow at him.

 

“We haven't... Done the deed, yet. I'm a little scared to, if I'm being perfectly honest with myself.”

 

“Why? You don't have to use a euphemism for . It's great and fun. So why are you scared?”

 

“Well...” he said slowly. “It's stupid.”

 

“Nothing is stupid. Just tell me.”

 

“Well... You and I share genetics, right. So, I could... I mean I might carry the gene that made it possible for you to get pregnant.” He stumbled over his words.

 

I laughed, loudly. “I don't think you have to worry about that. You and Yoochun would both have to carry a very specific set of genes. Yoochun and Yunho aren't related, so I don't think you have anything to worry about.” It felt weird trying to explain everything to Junsu. “You can always use condoms. Those are things that exist.”

 

“Yeah. Cause they worked so well for you and Yunho.”

 

I flushed crimson.

 

“Oh my god!” Junsu squeaked. “You didn't use condoms. Ever?”

 

“Well, no. But to be fair I didn't know Yunho and I could have babies. There was no reason to think we needed them.”

 

“Do you think there are tests that can be done to figure out if Yoochun and I could have a baby?”

 

“I don't know. You're coming with me for my next appointment, right? Ask Dr. Jang when we get there. I'm sure she'll be able to answer better than I could.”

 

“But you think it's safe for us? With condoms, I mean?” He sounded almost shy.

 

“I'm sure it is.” I leaned forward and kissed Junsu's forehead. He kissed me back and settled on the bed.

 

“The other thing... How did you know... Like, when you and Yunho first had ...”

 

“For 's sake, Junsu. Are you asking how I knew I was a bottom?”

 

“Yeah. I don't know if I want to bottom. Even for Yoochun.” Junsu rolled on his back.

 

“Who says you have to?” I asked.

 

“Well, no one, I guess. But Yoochun's...” he faltered.

 

“Yoochun's what? Taller? That doesn't matter. Just talk to him. And make sure you guys have protection.”

 

Yunho walked out of the house as I spoke. “Protection from what?” he asked. He laid down next to me and hugged me.

 

“We're talking about . Junsu's worried that he might be able to -slash- get Yoochun pregnant.”

 

“I see. Just use condoms and you'll be fine.” Yunho kissed my shoulder. “It's getting late. Yoochun will be out in a minute. Let's gt some sleep.”

 

“How can you both be so causal about this?” Junsu asked.

 

“We just are.” Yunho shrugged. “It's not that we aren't serious. We just know how we feel about each other. We made a choice together and we are facing the consequences together. You need to ask your self if you are ready to face the consequences with Yoochun, if you need to.”

 

“How did you get so ing smart?” Junsu asked.

 

“Just am, I guess.”

 

Yoochun slid into bed behind Junsu. They snuggled down under the blanket. I couldn't help but smile as Yoochun pressed a number of kisses to Junsu's neck and shoulder. He made Junsu happy. Any idiot could see that. My heart fluttered to see them content together.

 

I turned to face Yunho. His eyes were closed, but I could tell he was still awake. I tucked a lock of hair behind his ear. He tightened his arms around my waist. I rolled on to my back. Yunho rested his head on my chest and sighed. It wasn't long before he was fast asleep.

 

I watched everyone sleep for a while. The only sounds I could hear were the waves lapping on the edge of the lake and everyone's soft breaths.

 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Look at me updating in under 30 days. I hope everyone is doing well. I can't decide if I want to speed up and get through Jaejoong's pregnancy, or if I want to play with preggers Jae for a few more chapters. parkmincheon has given me so much to work with here and there are scenes that I really want to get to. I guess I'll just start on the next chapter and see where I get to.