Strange Feelings

You and Me Against the World

 

 

 

It’s been 3 days since Shinhye saw Yonghwa when he saved her, twice. She didn’t know what happened to him, because the moment when she was talking with Minho he suddenly disappeared. And what made it even more weird was that Shinhye’s appa didn’t even seem to complain when she went out alone. She thought Yonghwa would be waiting for her as always but she was wrong. He never showed up since then.

 

“Urgg, who cares about him? This was the moment I was waiting for. Some peace and quiet.” Shinhye closed her eyes as she was at Seyoung’s living room, just then her mind went back to the day that Yonghwa saved her recently.

 

Flashback

 

Shinhye’s leg were glued onto the ground in the middle of the road where cars were coming at her way. She didn’t know what to do because her body just won’t listen to her even though she’s screaming inside telling herself to move. As the cars were already so close to her she closed her eyes, giving up. But the moment when she felt nothing she slowly opened her eyes and found herself being protected by someone. That someone was her bodyguard, Yonghwa. She was in his arms as they were now on the sidewalk lying down as she was on top of him.

 

He pulled both of them up and said something which sounded like he was scolding her. Shinhye couldn’t quite hear since she was too shocked. Her face were pale and her whole body was trembling. Right now she just wanted to hold onto someone, to feel someone’s warmth so that she can calm down, so she hugged Yonghwa. As she hugged him, she heard the most comforting words ever. Those warm words calmed her heart, as she felt a warm pair of arms wrapping themselves around her. Caressing her, and comforting her.

 

End of Flashback

 

Shinhye slightly opened her eyes as she stare blankly at the ground after the flashback. Since then she’s been having weird feelings towards him, like when she wakes up she gets excited because she knows that, that someone is going to be there waiting for her. Now that it’s been 3 days since she seen him, she been grumpy and gloomy.

 

“Tsk, I’ll tell you now?” Shinhye rephrased what Yonghwa said last time. “It’s been 3 days and you haven’t even showed up to say anything.”

 

Seyoung came into the livingroom to find Shinhye talking to herself. “Yah, are you okay? You’ve been acting weird recently.”

 

“Oh, you’re here?” Shinhye looked up to find her standing in front of her.

 

“Yeah, I’m here. You’re the one who kept complaining that you want to talk to me about something, so spill it. I’m probably thinking that it has something to do with you being not you recently.” Seyoung mentioned, as she waited for Shinhye to talk.

 

“Am I that obvious? Well anyways…” she paused a moment and stared at Seyoung. “What I’m about to tell you, you better keep it a secret between you and I. You can’t even tell it to Minho alright.”

 

Seyoung gave Shinhye a shocked expression. “Don’t tell me. That you been cheating on your boyfriend.” she covered with her hands. “Shinhye, I never knew you were that kind of person.”

 

“Yah! I’ve never cheated on him, okay. Now are you going to give me your words about keeping it a secret.” Shinhye asked again.

 

“Alright, alright. So hurry up, you’re making me impatient.” Seyoung snapped, because Shinhye was making her wait.

 

“Okay, so how do I start? Well, something happened and from that day on something about that person seem to changed from my perspective. I don’t know what it is, maybe it’s because that person saved my life again or something else. What do you think?” Shinhye asked.

 

“It’s you’re bodyguard isn’t it.” Seyoung said.

 

“How did you know? Was it that obvious?” Shinhye looked surprised with her answer.

 

“Shinhye dear, did you forgot that I was with you the whole time when he first saved you? If you asked it to anyone other than me then yes, it wouldn’t be that obvious.” Seyoung explained.

 

“Is that so. That’s why I need your help. It’s been 3 days since I last seen him which made me feel kind of lonely. Is that a good sign or no?” Shinhye shook her head when she said no on her question.

 

Seyoung had to think for a second. “Well, in your case that isn’t a good sign. Reason is, you’re thinking of someone else that is a guy, instead of your lover.”

 

“Ah, right. Now that I think about it, you were right. Am I really cheating on Minho? I’m a really bad person, huh?” Shinhye frowned and dropped her head.

 

“Aw, cheer up Shinhye. It’s not your fault that you’re thinking of him. Besides he really is good looking.” Seyoung tried to cheer her best friend up.

 

Shinhye lifted her head back up. “I’m going to solve this once and for all.” she got up and headed to the door. “By the way, thank you Seyoung ah. You’re the best.”

 

“Where are you going?” Seyoung asked.

 

“Back home.” Shinhye answered, as she put on her shoes and closed the door on her way out.


 

***


 

“Appa, I have something to ask you.” Shinhye went to the living room where her appa was reading the newspaper.

 

“What is that something that you want to ask?” Mr. Park said, as he never took his gaze off from the paper.

 

“Do you know where Mr. Jung Yong Hwa lives?” Shinhye straightly asked.

 

“Now why would you wanna know that.” Mr. Park asked back.

 

“For your information appa, do you remember when you said that he was suppose to follow me everywhere and if not then we both get punished. Well, he wasn’t doing his job for 3 days. I’m just saying because it’s not like I want to know where he lives because I’m worried but just because I wanted to inform you.” Shinhye pointed out, as she crossed her arms.

 

“Oh, right I forgot to tell you.” he finally put the newspaper down. “Now that you mentioned it, he asked for a break. I agree letting him rest because you are a handful.”

 

“What? So the reason why he wasn’t present was because he took a break. When is he coming back?” Shinhye demand an answer.

 

“Hmm, probably tomorrow.” Mr. Park said and then stared at Shinhye suspiciously. “Shinhye ah, do you perhaps like…” he paused to think while Shinhye was shocked of where this is going. “Do you perhaps like having a bodyguard around, is that why you’re asking so much questions?” he finished his sentence as Shinhye finally sigh in relief.

 

“Ha-ha, yes I do appa.” Shinhye faked a laugh. “I’ll be heading to my room then. Goodnight.”

 

She headed up the stairs and entered her room. “Whew, that was a close call.”


 

***


 

It’s been 3 days seen Yonghwa’s been home. All he ever did was eat and sleep the whole day.

 

“Yah, why are you here in the morning when you have a princess to look after? It’s been 3 days already.” Joon mentioned, as he headed to the kitchen to get a glass of water.

 

“I took some days off.” Yonghwa answered, as he stared at the T.V.

 

“When are you going back?” Joon drank his water and put it in the sink and sat next to Yonghwa.

 

“Tomorrow.”

 

Joon nodded. “So how are things progressing?”

 

“Nothing much. We just have to wait and see.” Yonghwa replied.

 

“Alright, then. Wanna head out to get some fresh air before you head back to what you’re doing tomorrow?” Joon said, as he stood up.

 

“I might need some.” Yonghwa stood up also and stretched before heading out.

 

They took a walk around the Han River viewing new things that they never seen before. They were amazed with the beauty.

 

“So this is the Han River that they were talking about.” Joon mentioned.

 

Yonghwa just walked in silence enjoying the atmosphere and wanted to clear his mind. To not think of anything but to only focus.

 

“You know the whole time we were at Seoul we never went clubbing. So I have a suggestion that we go. Come on, you might not know it'll be fun. There’s girls waiting for us you know.” Joon said excitedly.

 

“You can go. I don’t feel like partying.” Yonghwa replied, not interested.

 

“Wae? This is a lifetime experience, the North doesn’t have clubs. This will be our first time, so let’s go together.” Joon insisted. “Come on, come on, come on.” he kept repeating.

 

“Alright! So please, just stop repeating your words. It’s so annoying.” Yonghwa gave up in defeat.

 

Joon smirked and fist pump his fist in the air in victory. “Alright then! Let’s go!”


 

***


 

Yonghwa and Joon were now inside the club, as they just finished waiting in the long line that took them forever. The club they were in is known to be the most famous out of the others with the most people and the most expensive drinks.

 

“So what now? We’re here.” Yonghwa asked plainly as he looked around while lots of people were dancing with the hype music.

 

“What do you mean by what now? Enjoy your last day before you go back to your duty. Dance like there’s no tomorrow, or should I say get wasted. You know what they say work hard, play hard.” Joon only said before he went and danced with a couple of girls.

 

Yonghwa only shook his head and went to a table. He didn’t feel like dancing or should I say he didn’t know how to dance. He sat on the cushions alone and just looked around the place. Just then two random girls came to him and sat next to him, one on each side of him.

 

“Hey handsome, wanna come join us? Someone as y as you just can’t be sitting around here while doing nothing. Come lets go?” the girl number 1 said as she clinged onto his right arm.

 

“Or, if not then….we can just get a room just for the 2 of us.” the girl number 2 seductively said, as she touched his chest.

 

“Yah, how can you say just the 2 of you?” the girl number 1 glared at the other girl. “How about the 3 of us?” she added.

 

“No thanks.” Yonghwa abruptly got up and just walked away from the two girls. They seemed pretty shocked with his action and scoffed as they left.

 

While Yonghwa walked away from the two girls he suddenly bumped into a tall guy who's dressed in a dark red suit with his arm around a woman’s shoulders.

 

“Watch where you going, punk.” the tall guy spoke with his deep voice and continued on his way.

 

Yonghwa didn’t mind what he said because to him it wasn’t a threat, even if it was he could’ve taken him down right on the spot. He also continue on his way to find Joon so that they can go back home but stopped because something about the tall guy seemed familiar to him. So he turned around to search for the guy and found him going inside a room with the woman who he was with. Yonghwa’s eyesight was pretty great so before they could even enter the room Yonghwa already got a good look at him.

 

Yonghwa was trying to remember who he was but nothing seemed to be clear. So he left it at that and continue to search for Joon. He found him at the middle of the dance floor and basically dragged him out of it and into a place where there’s less people.

 

“Wae? Why did you dragged me out here?” Joon fixed himself when Yonghwa let go of him.

 

“Are you done yet? Hurry up let’s go.” Yonghwa said, as he put his hands inside of his pocket.

 

“Why are you in such a rush? It’s only 10 pm.” Joon replied as he checked his watch.

 

“If you don’t want to go yet then I’m leaving first.” Yonghwa turned around and headed to the exit but Joon stopped him.

 

“Arasseo, just give me 10 minutes okay.” Joon request and disappeared within the crowd.

 

Yonghwa sighed and crossed his arms as he waited. It’s been a couple of minutes, maybe more than 10 minutes while waiting for Joon. He finally decided to ditch Joon and go home but the sight of the tall guy caught his attention again.

 

“I swear I seen him somewhere. His voice seemed familiar too.” Yonghwa mumbled, just then a quick flashback hit him right on the spot bringing back the face and voice of that one guy. “Shinhye’s namjachingu? With another woman?” he furrowed his eyebrows in confusion because he just saw him enter a room with her. “No. Maybe they’re just friends that’s why they’re here together at the club. But why does he have his arm wrapped around her waist?” Yonghwa kept asking himself questions.

 

“Hey sorry man for making you wait. Wanna go now?” Joon asked as he went up to Yonghwa.

 

“Joon, what are those rooms for? I saw a couple of people going in and out of it.” Yonghwa questioned as he pointed his head towards that direction.

 

“That? You really don't know.” Joon gave Yonghwa a confused look.

 

“It’s not that I don’t know but I just want to make sure. So it’s a room for….” Yonghwa paused to look at Joon to get his answer.

 

“Yep. It’s exactly what you’re thinking.” Joon replied. “Why are you asking though?”

 

“Nothing. Let’s go.” Yonghwa headed towards the exit and suddenly his expression changed.


 

***


 

The next day Yonghwa woke up and got fully dressed and headed to the door and closed it. He turned the corner and was surprised to see a certain someone’s presence. Just seeing her made him think of last night.

 

“What are you doing here? And how did you know where I live?” Yonghwa walked passed Shinhye and went to the parking lot.

 

“Tsk, why would I answer someone who’s been absent for about a week and didn’t even left me any notice.” Shinhye followed him from behind.

 

“Really? Then why are you here?” Yonghwa stopped as he reached his Bentley Continental GT and turned to look at her.

 

“B-bwo? Why am I here?” Shinhye stuttered. “My appa...told me to come get you so that you won’t forget about your job.” she crossed her arms.

 

“Your appa? Really? Did he really said that?” Yonghwa mimicked. “Did he really sent his precious daughter just to come get me? I must be really special then. Tell him that I said thank you.” Yonghwa requested and got inside of his car.

 

“Yah! You aren't going to ask me if I want a ride?”

 

“Now why would I when you can just make a phone call to your namjachingu. Ahh, that’s right he’s too busy playing with….” Yonghwa stopped mid sentence when he turned to look at her. “Forget it. Just hurry up and get in.”

 

“Bwo?” Shinhye heard him the first time but she just wanted to make sure.

 

“I said hurry up and get in.” he repeated.


 

***


 

“Dohyun. How is your task going lately? Any news or signs?” Yonghwa’s father asked from the North district.

 

(If you guys seemed to forgot, Dohyun is the guy that Yonghwa’s dad send to the South to spy on Yonghwa and Joon.)

 

“Sir, so far it’s going very well. It seems as if your son and the daughter of Mr. Park is getting along well. Right now he’s giving her a ride probably back to her father’s building but I’m not quite sure. Ah, also your son has become a bodyguard for Mr. Park’s daughter. He seemed to not know that Yonghwa is your son. This is a great opportunity. If he keeps this up and not turn his back on us just like his...” Dohyun went silent.

 

“Yes, you were saying…. Please do continue. I would like to know what you were going to say.” Yonghwa’s father dared him.

 

“Nothing, sir! I’m very sorry! Please do forgive me!” Dohyun plead for his forgiveness.

 

“You’re forgiven when you’ve done your task. So focus!”


“Yes, sir! I’ll never fail you!”