I Don't Trust You

You and Me Against the World

 

 

 

 

Shinhye took Yonghwa on a long walk down the streets with the streetlights and with the moonlight shining down on them along with the stars. While walking in the dead silence of the streets hand in hand, they talked and enjoyed each other’s company.

 

“So walking around the streets was so secretive that you had to keep it a secret from me.” Yonghwa teased, as he firmly held her hand and stared at her face with the help of the moonlight.

 

Shinhye pouted as she kept her gaze forward. “I only said that just so you could come along.”

 

Yonghwa only smiled at her statement.

 

“Wae? Is it boring?” she finally turned to face him.

 

“Hm? Ani, I’m having so much fun.”

 

“Tsk, lair.”

 

“I should probably get you home. About what happened earlier with the shooting it’s not safe for you to be outside.” he diverted the topic.

 

“Yeah, I know.” she stopped on track. “I just wanted to check if you’re okay.”

 

Yonghwa stared at her strangely. “You’re asking me that?”

 

She nodded her head and just when Yonghwa was going to reply back her phone rang. She grabbed her phone and stared at it.

 

“Who is it?” Yonghwa replied when Shinhye froze.

 

He then took a peek at the screen and notice who it was.

 

“You gonna answer that.” he said as Shinhye bit her lip.

 

So Yonghwa grabbed her phone and put it onto his ear. “Yes. This is Shinhye’s phone.” he said with a strong tone.

 

“Where’s Shinhye? I know she’s there with you so put her on the phone.” Minho command.

 

“Hmm…” Yonghwa pretended to think. “No, I don’t think so. Have a goodnight.”

 

Just before he was about to hangup Minho scoffed. “I have just about enough of you. I’m gonna kill you. I’m gonna kill you and your cockyness.”

 

“We’ll see about that.” Yonghwa last replied and hanged up.

 

He handed her phone back to her. “What did he say?” Shinhye asked worriedly.

 

“He asked for you, so I said no.”

 

Shinhye stared at him suspiciously as she grabbed her phone. “And?”

 

He then stared back at her. “That’s it.” he lied.

 

“Hmm…” she squinted her eyes at him.

 

“What? That’s it! Really!”

 

“Kidding.” Shinhye chuckled a bit as Yonghwa just smiled.

 

“I should probably take you home."

 

Shinhye frowned at him. “Are you trying to get rid of me?”

 

“No. I just want you to go home and rest.” he replied. “Come on.”


 

***


 

“So…” Shinhye said as they waited in front of her house. “I guess this is goodnight then.”

 

She waited for a moment but then turned around and turned her doorknob.

 

“Wait.” Yonghwa said as he held her hand that was holding onto the door.

 

“Yes?” she immediately face him.

 

He stared at her face and then chuckled as he knew what she was waiting for. So he then leaned down and kissed her tenderly. As his lips met hers she wrapped her arms around his neck and brought him closer to her. She made the first bold move and kissed him back taking the touched lips into another level.

 

As they were basically making out they had to stop to catch some air. Their lips separated and they just stared at each other for a while until Shinhye spoke.

 

“Goodnight, Yonghwa.” she softly spoke as she headed inside but before closing the door right away she gave him a final smile before closing it.

 

Inside she was behind the door leaning against it, she smiled as she thought of the kiss again. When the door closed Yonghwa had a big smile on his face as he walked away from the house.


 

***


 

When he arrived home, Joon was in the living room watching some movies while eating popcorns late at night.

 

“Hey!” Joon shouted, welcoming him home as his eye’s were still attached to the T.V.

 

“You’re still awake?” Yonghwa asked confusedly.

 

“Yep.” he replied. “You going to bed?”

 

Yonghwa nodded. “Gotta get ready for tomorrow. I’m still on duty.”

 

“Okay.”

 

The next day Yonghwa had to meet up with Doojoon, who is Mr. Park’s personal bodyguard to talk about yesterday’s shooting.

 

“You’re here.” Doojoon straightforwardly said as he saw Yonghwa coming towards him.

 

“You asked for me.”

 

Doojoon stared at him from head to toe, studying him. “Yes I did, and just to be clear. Even though Mr. Park entrusted you to look after her daughter. I don’t trust you one bit.”

 

Yonghwa smirked. “At least you’re honest.”

 

“That’s what I’m known for.” he scoffed. “Now back to the point. My team and I are investigating the shooting scene that happened. Obviously, I can’t assign you this task because it’s only for the trustworthy. And you’re not.”

 

“Then why am I here? Why did you asked for me?” Yonghwa questioned.

 

Doojoon exhaled. “Because I think it’s either you that planned the shooting or it had something to do with you.”


 

***



Hey guys! I’m back with another update. I know it’s been FOREVER since I updated. I’ve been busy with school. So I’m sorry, and I can’t promise that I’ll update frequently but I’LL TRY!!!