You’re Taking Full Responsibility

You and Me Against the World

 

 

 

Late out at night, Yonghwa and Joon start their plans as they exit the house. They went their separate path, planning to take different routine but same location. Joon then started to text Yonghwa about the plan.

 

“You sure this going to work?”

 

He read the text and sent one back. “Are you doubting me?”

 

Within a split of second, the beeping sound of text was heard. “Aniyo!”

 

Yonghwa smirked, imaging Joon being in defense mode.

 

Another text came following Joon’s second. “Yah! I think that person’s here. You better hurry!”

 

Yonghwa ran after seeing the text, to where Joon was. Once he spotted Joon and the stalker from afar, he bent down and went from corner to corner. He was so close, when a empty can just have to be in the way, to which he bumped into it.

 

“Aishh.” Yonghwa looked down to where his feet was and back up at them, only to find that person running away.

 

Yonghwa yelled at Joon. “Follow him!” and ran the other way.

 

“Y-yah! Where are you going?” Joon shouted, as he ran with his half turned body facing Yonghwa.


 

***

 

“I hope I’m going the right way.” Yonghwa thought to himself.

 

He finally escape the small road between the houses and found an exit. He looked from left to right to see any signs of guy they’re looking for. Just a minute, Joon was seen chasing the guy from the left side of Yonghwa.

 

“Ha, I got you now.”

 

They couldn’t see his face because he was wearing a cap with a mask that covers the bottom half of his face. He was pretty exhausted, but still tried to out run and push past Yonghwa, trying to get past him. He got past but was pulled back by Yonghwa, to which he reflected and ran ahead of them.

 

“!” Yonghwa muttered under his breath. “Joon, pick up your pace! He’s getting away!”

 

“I’m trying here!” Joon yelled, as he ran ahead first to catch up to him.

 

Yonghwa got up ran after them, to which he just past by Joon.

 

“What the fu…, how does he not get tired at all?” Joon muttered, under his breathe.

 

They finally chased him into a dead corner, out of breathe.

 

“Just give up and surrender.” Yonghwa said, panting while catching his own breath as he stared at the back of him. “Who are you? Who sent you?”

 

He stood still not turning around. Joon finally caught up, as he bent down and rested both of his palms on his knees, breathing in air.

 

“Whew! That was tiring.” Joon then stood up straight and wiped his sweat that was coming down on his forehead. “Now, you got nothing to run to. Alright, where should we start for you to start speaking.”

 

Joon took a couple of steps towards him, but shouting and yelling was heard. From the corner of his eyes, he saw Joon stop and took this chances to push him and ran past him.

 

“!” Joon groaned, as he got up from the ground. “He’s getting away! Why aren’t you chasing after him?”

 

Joon notice Yonghwa was deep in his thoughts, which now wasn’t the right time for him to think.

 

“Right.” Yonghwa awkwardly said, as he was confused for a bit. Just a moment ago, his heart was beating really fast, making his breathing uneasy. And no, it doesn’t seem to be because of the fact that he ran and chased after the guy that just ran away. Whatever it is, it brought an uneasy feeling to him but right now he has to catch that one person.

 

“Hey, you okay back there. You sort of out.” Joon mentioned, as they searched for him.

 

Yonghwa sighed. “Yeah. Nothing to worry about.”

 

Joon nodded. “There he is!” he pointed at him. “He’s running away again!”

 

Yonghwa ran, but his body seemed to made a hold of him. There it goes again. The sound and beating of how hard and fast his heart is. He raised his hand and clenched his chest, feeling his heart.

 

“Yah!” Joon keeping shouting at Yonghwa, and then touched his shoulder. “Now it’s time for you to pick up your pace. He’s getting away.”

 

Joon’s saying all of that but Yonghwa was too distracted. Just then, suddenly Yonghwa ran the opposite way leaving Joon.

 

“Where are you going? You’re going the wrong way! It’s this way!” Joon yelled, at the running Yonghwa. He was confused with who to chase, Yonghwa or the mystery guy that was stalking them. “Aish! Forget it! Hold up, Yonghwa.”

 

Yonghwa ran to where his heart was taking him to, but everytime he took a step his heart was getting heavier and heavier.

 

“I have a bad feeling about this.” he mumbled to himself. “Why am I like this?”

 

He finally stopped and caught his breath, figuring out what’s going on. A sound was heard coming from his right, he followed it. The more closer he got, it was clearly heard, a man shouting.

 

“You’re mine! No one else can have you but me!”

 

Sounds familiar, too familiar. It was quick, like within a blink of an eye or a click. He suddenly just switched off, all of a sudden he just felt his whole body boiling up with nothing but heat the moment he saw her. She’s crying, shivering, and scared. He pulled Minho off from her and pushed him against the opposite wall from Shinhye. He smelled like alcohol, just like what Yonghwa’s probably thinking right now, he went back to that club didn’t he. Now that even made him angrier. He didn’t waste any minute as he started punching the hell out of him, making him knocked out.

 

“Y-yonghwa! Stop! You’re hurting him!” Shinhye yelled, as tearing were falling.

 

He did as he was told, but that last line she said though. “You’re hurting him”. He didn’t understand those line or perhaps he didn’t like those line. Treating Minho like he’s the good guy here. But here’s Yonghwa also, pretending to be her bodyguard, being the good guy, when the truth is he’s not also. He dropped his bloody knuckles and got up and walked away.

 

Yonghwa bit his lip as he walked away hoping the feeling of running towards her and hugging her would come to a stop, because he can’t take it anymore. Every moment being with her, feels like the barrier that he build up all along to don’t get attached with the South citizens is breaking little by little at a time. Even right now, if she ever dares to come and stop him from walking away he doesn’t know what he’s going to do with her.

 

“Don’t go.” her voice shook, as she took little steps towards Yonghwa.

 

“Don’t come any closer!” he raised his voice, as he felt her moved. “Stay where you are.”

 

She stopped moving.

 

“Just go away! I’m warning you.” he begged.

 

She didn’t care. She ran and back hugged Yonghwa clenching tight onto his clothes. “You’re here. You’re really here.” she sobbed onto his back.

 

The moment she hugged him, he felt the barrier crashed. They’re all broken now. The heart beating he felt a moment ago, seemed to be beating even faster than ever, now that the barrier has been broken and with her hugging him.

 

“Where were you this whole time? When I needed you the most?”

 

He reached for her hands and drifted them apart and turned around to face her. He focused on her face as he wiped a stained tear drop that was dried up on her face. They finally made eye contact as the chemistry evolving around them was drawing them both in.

 

“I warned you.” he uttered.

 

“For wha…” she was cut off.

 

He reached down and met with her soft pink lips. He softly kissed her with gentleness. The moment his lip touched hers, she quickly closed her eyes to feel his mouth on hers. She has been dreaming of how soft those lips of his were, and now she knows. He reached for both side of her cheeks as he could hear the sound of both of their hearts pumping together perfectly. While she was feeling herself falling in, being drained into the person that’s in front of her wanting this feeling to last. He broke the kiss first, and pulled aways a few inches away from her and stared at her closed eyes with a new different kind of feelings. She then slowly opened her eyes and looked into those big clear ones that she kind of seen from him before, but since he’s not holding back anymore it was speaking so many things.

 

“From now on, I’m not going to hold back anymore. “I’ll alway protect you.” Yonghwa whispered, so that she can be the only one to hear what he said.

 

Shinhye gently smiled at his confession, and raised her hands to hold onto both of his cheeks as she nodded in approval. Yonghwa smiled a sincere one for the first time in front of her and just to only her. He reached for one of her hand on his cheek and rubbed his thumb over it sweetly.

 

“I missed you.” she confessed. “This whole time, since the moment you first met me, you’ve been on my mind lately. I’ve been thinking alot about you. Did you know how tiring it was?”

 

He only smiled at her as his response.

 

“Whoa!” Joon finally arrived, with surprised with whatever that was going on. “Uhm, I think I better go. Don’t want to interrupt something…that was important.”

 

“I want you to meet my friend. My “only” friend.” Yonghwa grabbed her hand and dragged her to Joon. “Joon meet Park Shinhye. Park Shinhye meet Lee Joon.”

 

Joon looked at Yonghwa as if he was going crazy or not. Revealing his identity out of no where, and most of all the president of the South’s daughter. “Hi, nice to meet you. Just like what Yonghwa said, I’m Lee Joon.”

 

They shook hands and bowed. “I’m Park Shinhye. Nice to meet you too.”

 

Joon notice the background image of both of them. “Ah, what a lovely background? Care to share?”

 

Both Yonghwa and Shinhye stared at the unconscious Lee Minho, and then back at Joon.

 

“I can explain.” Yonghwa spoke first but Shinhye stopped him.

 

“Ex-boyfriend problems.”

 

“Ex-boyfriend?” Joon repeated, eyeing Yonghwa.

 

“Yeah. It’s complicated.” Shinhye bit her lips.

 

Silence filled the air.

 

“Well, you know what I’ll be heading home first then.” Joon walked away. “Oh Yonghwa, you have alot to explain when you get back. Don’t be late.”

 

Joon left leaving Yonghwa and Shinhye alone. “I guess you better hurry up home then. Judging from the way he talked, it’s something serious.” she poked him in the stomach.

 

“After I send you back you first.” Yonghwa declared. “I have to see if you arrived home safety first.”

 

“Tsk.” Shinhye blushed at the way he’s looking at her right now. “So…are we official now?”

 

She mumbled as she played with her fingers cutely. Yonghwa saw her action and nervously intertwined his hand with hers. “You decide.”

 

Shinhye stared at him in confuse. “Bwo?”

 

“I said, you decide whether we’re official or not. If you say yes, then starting today we’re official, but if you say no then, you have no choice. It’s too late to go back on your words, you already made me like this.” Yonghwa explained, as they left the site to get her back home.

 

“What do you mean by it’s too late?” Shinhye pondered.

 

“Before that kiss, I told you that I warned you didn’t I. Back then, I was holding back. Since you didn’t listen to me, you’re taking full responsibility.” he told her off.

 

They finally arrived in front of her house gate, hands still intertwined.

 

“I’ll see you tomorrow.” he sweetly said, and he walked away.

 

“Wait.” she grabbed his edge of the jacket making him come back to his regular spot.

 

The moment she stopped him from leaving, again. He stood in front of her, this time closer than before.

 

 

 

“I forgot something.” he murmured.

 

In an instant she slowly closed her eyes as she saw him reach towards her forehead to give it a kiss.

 

“Goodnight.” he rubbed both of his thumb on her cheeks and walked away.


 

***


 

Whew! I’m finally done with this chapter, I’m glad that this chapter is over with.


Now to the next one. ENJOY~~~