Personal Bodyguard

You and Me Against the World

 

 

 

“If you make any sound or action, then she’s going to be cut.” the stranger warned as Seyoung did exactly like he said.

 

Before Shinhye was going to say something the stranger that held the knife at got kicked in the face which made him flew a couple inches away from her. The one that kicked him in the face was another guy, he probably came to save them. The stranger then got up on his feet and threw a punch at the guy since his knife flew away after the kick. The savior then blocked his punch and strike him on the side of his stomach. He fell down and recovered himself but after that he ran away instead of continuing.

 

Seyoung then ran to Shinhye to see if she was okay. “Yah, gwaenchanh-a? You’re not hurt anywhere are you?” she spoke in a shaky voice.

 

“I’m fine.” Shinhye replied as she suddenly remember that the guy that saved her might be hurt too. She turned to take a look at the guy. “Uh, thank you for saving me earlier. A-are you hurt anywhere?” she worriedly asked the guy whose back was facing them.

 

He slowly turned around fully to reveal his face to her. “I’m fine. And you?” he replied with a husky voice.

 

“I’m fine too, thank you for asking.” Shinhye mentioned as her eyes laid fixedly onto his unknowingly handsome face.

 

“If thats so then, I’ll be going then.” he bowed to them and walked the other way.

 

“Wait!” Shinhye stopped him, just like what he wanted her to do. “Uh, I’m Shinhye. Park Shinhye.” she quickly said.

 

Shinhye didn’t know why what made her blurted out her name suddenly like but for some reason she just wanted to know the mystery guy that saved her. Something about him made her curious, like as if something was pulling her in. He turned around again to face her, this time he introduced himself.

 

“I’m Yonghwa. Jung Yonghwa.” he introduced himself as he stared at her intently.

 

“Uhm. If you don’t mind I would like you to meet my abeoji. Don’t get it wrong though I’m not reporting you. I’m just repaying you for what you’ve done. My father’s the head of the South, he can give you anything. You’re coming along right?” Shinhye wondered.

 

“If that’s what you want. When?” he answered, thinking to himself that the mission is going very well according to his plan.

 

“Hmm, probably not now since it’s late out. How about tomorrow? Is that fine with you.” she suggested.

 

“If that’s okay with you. Then, yes.” he gently said with no emotion.

 

“Okay then. If you don’t mind can I get your number? In order to contact you.” Shinhye got out her phone.

 

“Ah, no it’s okay. I’ll just…” he look around the places that surrounds them and chose a place for them to meet. “How about we just meet here tomorrow? Sounds good?” Yonghwa suggested instead.

 

“Okay. See you tomorrow then. You better come so that I can replay you. If not I’m going to search you down until I do.” Shinhye jokely bragged at him and sign for Seyoung for them to get going.


 

***


 

Yonghwa walked back to the car after they left. “Sorry if I kept you waiting.” Yonghwa said as he got inside.

 

“So how was it?” Joon demanded.

 

“Tomorrow I’m going to have to meet her again. She’s taking me to her father.” Yonghwa explained what happened.

 

“I’m not talking about that. I was talking about my acting. How was it?” Joon kiddingly joked around as he laughed. “Yes! We succeeded! How about we go drink, we’re now in the right age to drink you know. Wanna go?”

 

“No, I have to go tomorrow. If you wanna go then go ahead while I rent out an apartment for our stay here.” Yonghwa started the car engine.

 

“Nah, it’s okay. If I’m drinking by myself without no companion then that’s a worst way to have my first drink.” Joon stated. “I rather not go.”

 

“If you say so.”


 

***


 

“That’s very surprising. I wasn’t expecting for you to actually come.” Shinhye blurted as she saw Yonghwa. “Most people just say yes all the time but end up not showing up. It’s actually normal because apparently everyone’s scared to come face to face with my abeoji. Because of my abeoji no one dares to approach me except you, you seemed different. You actually came.” she greatly smiled at him.

 

Yonghwa cleared his throat. “I’m here.”

 

“Yes, I can see that. Let’s get going shall we?” she guided the way.


 

***


 

Shinhye and Yonghwa had enter her father’s main building. There was 2 secretary guarding the glass door as one of them blocked Yonghwa’s way.

 

“Ah, he’s with me.” Shinhye told the secretary as he bowed in apology.

 

They pass through them as they walked and stopped in front of the door that is the way to her father’s office. She knocked on the door as she yell on the other side and opened the door as she took a peek inside.

 

“Annyeong appa.” she said cutely as she entered inside with Yonghwa. “Appa, I want you to meet the person who saved my life.”

 

Yonghwa stood there as he just glared at the person who’s sitting in front of him and suddenly the glare turned into a fake forced smile as he bowed in respect. “It’s nice meeting you for the first time Mr. Park.”

 

Mr. Park looked at him bowed as he brought his head back up. “So, young man is it true as to what my dear daughter said. That you saved her, tell me in detail and also your name.” he spoke in his deep and old voice.

 

“My name is Jung Yonghwa. It was late at night and I heard a scream. I just told myself that it was probably nothing but it seemed that it really was something. Someone tried to kill your daughter as the stranger pulled a knife on her but then I came and gave him gave him a few punches then he just left after that.” Yonghwa explained as his eyes were glue to the floor.

 

“So that’s what happened. Tsk, people these days just don’t have a life to make use of.” Mr. Park then turned his gaze to Yonghwa. “Thank you for what you’ve done. In return what do you wish for. Anythings fine.” he assured of him.

 

Yonghwa thought to himself. “I better be careful of what I say.” he thought for a moment and then was about to speak but Mr. Park beat him to it.

 

“If it’s that hard for you to decide then why don’t I just chose for you.” he asked with his attention fully on him. “Since you’re the first and only person to be brave enough to come and meet me also don’t forget you also saved her life why don’t you work for me. What I mean is why don’t you become Shinhye’s personal bodyguard. Watch over her in everything she’s doing and report it right back to me since I can’t because of work and I was given no time to ask for one. I’ll even pay you a great amount for it, but if you slack off there will be consequences. Deal?” Mr. Park raised his left eyebrow as he grinned.

 

Shinhye seemed shock with her father’s statement. “A-appa.” she then turned to face Yonghwa. “Aha he’s just joking.”

 

“Deal. When do I start?” Yonghwa agreed.

 

“Bwo?” Shinhye seemed surprised with his answer.

 

Mr. Park grinned at Yonghwa liking his boldness. “Starting today.”

 

“Appa!” Shinhye went on.

 

“Shinhye yah, quiet. Starting today, this young man here is going to be your personal bodyguard from now on. You can’t complain and if I ever catch you sneaking out without him” he pointed at Yonghwa. “Then you and him are going to be punished, you hear. Before you leave may I ask for your name again.”

 

“Jung Yonghwa.” he replied.


“Yes, Jung Yonghwa. You guys may go now.” Mr. Park excused them as they existed his office.