Explain Yourself

You and Me Against the World

 

 

 

The North District

 

“Call in Dohyun (random name).” Yonghwa’s father commanded to one of the assistant.

 

“Right away sir.” he bowed to him before he left.

 

After about 10 minutes the assistant came right back with Dohyun. “You call for me, boss.” Dohyun bowed his head as he said.

 

He nodded. “I called you here for an assignment. Go see how they’re doing and report it back to me.” he ordered.

 

Dohyun took his gaze off from the ground and looked at him in a confused look. “I understand that I was given an assignment but, who’s they and where?” Dohyun asked because he couldn’t quite understand.

 

“My son, Jung Yonghwa. He’s in Seoul right now. I want you to take a peek at him while he’s doing his mission. It’s not like I don’t trust him but…” he paused and looked at Dohyun. “Just go spy on him but make sure to report every little single thing to me. Ah, also make sure you don’t get caught if you do come up with an explanation that doesn’t involve my name. I hope you understand that this assignment is a, A-list assignment. Come back when I tell you to, only then I can give you what you want.” he explained everything to him.

 

“Yes, boss.” Dohyun replied as he bowed again.

 

“Before you leave, I hope you understand why this assignment was given to you. Not once in your mission you ever fail when you're told to do. You’re probably the best at these kinds of things. So get ready to leave by today.” he excused Dohyun as he left.


 

***


 

The South District

 

“Yah. Why didn’t you say anything?” Shinhye whined as they exited the building after meeting with her father.

 

“I thought it would be rude of me to turn down something that I was offered to.” he turned to stare at her. “Especially that he’s the powerfullest man in Seoul. If I turned down the offer who knows, he might send me to jail.” Yonghwa simply explained when he was evilly grinning inside.

 

“My abeoji is not like that!” Shinhye raised her voice, defending her father. “Aish, why not just give him money or something? Why does it have to be someone who tags along?” she muttered to herself, angrily.

 

Yonghwa heard what she just said but couldn’t care less. He was here because of his mission, he just want it over with and now that he was her personal bodyguard he could just easily kidnap her and just bring her to the North but something was telling him to hold on. So he just shrugged it off by saying that he has to come up with a plan first. Right now he has nothing, also it was too soon. The first person that Mr. Park will probably suspect will be him. He wouldn’t want a whole place filled with his picture, that will be the same as failing his mission when he goes back.

 

“Where are you heading to?” Yonghwa said, as he looked at her with his hands inside of his jean pocket.

 

She turned and glared at him and was about to speak when her phone rang. She picked it up not leaving their eye contact as she answered it with annoyance. “Wae?”

 

“Shinhye ah, wae? It’s me Minho. Did I do something that made you angry? Is this about last time when you saw me with my “niece” at the movie center?” he spoked, not letting her explain. “Shinhye ah, I told you that day about everythi-”

 

Shinhye cut him off. “Oh, Minho oppa. I didn’t know that it was you, mian.” she replied sweetly as she broke the eye contact with Yonghwa and focused more on the phone conversation. “Why did you call?”

 

“What do you mean why? I called because it’s been weeks since I took you out on a date. So I was thinking when do you have time?” Minho asked, over the phone.

 

“Oh, about that-” Shinhye looked over her shoulders and peaked at Yonghwa to which he saw her and she quickly took her gaze off. “I’m fine with any time.” she quickly replied.

 

“Okay, then. I’ll pick you up around 8pm. See you then.” Minho ended the call.

 

“Oh, okay. Sarang-” she was about to say over the phone but the line was disconnected. She took the phone off and looked at the screen. “-hae.”

 

Just then Yonghwa walked over to her as she put her phone away. “Ya, I said where are you heading to?”

 

“Look here. Do you really have to follow me everywhere?” Shinhye questioned him as he just blankly stared at her. She cleared and looked away. “You do know that I’m a woman and woman needs a lot of privacy for your information.” she shyly spoke, as she played with her fingers.

 

He saw her action. “Just tell me where you’re going so that I can drop you off to wherever your destination is, that way it’ll be easier for both of us.” Yonghwa responded, irritatedly.

 

“Fine then. I’m going on a date at 8pm.” Shinhye pouted in defeat.

 

“Now that’s a whole different story. Who is this guy? When will he take you back home? Where is the location that you guys are heading to? Those are all the questions that you need to answer before you leave on your d-a-t-e. I also don’t want to ask or hear about it but as you can see I have no choice. So explain yourself.” Yonghwa simply replied, as he was only doing his job as her “bodyguard”, but most bodyguard doesn’t ask question and they’re quiet the whole time.

 

Shinhye stood there with a shocked expression on her face. “W-what? Do I really have to answer to all of those? It’s not like he’s a stranger, my abeoji knows him. So I think it’s not necessary.” she stated, as she cross her arms.

 

“Your abeoji and you may know him but I don’t. What if you’re on a date with him and suddenly your abeoji calls for me and ask where you are. Then I’ll reply, “Oh, she’s on a date but I don’t know where and when she’ll come back.” Only then not only I get busted but you too. Who knows you might get grounded and not see him for about the rest of your life. Could you live with that.” Yonghwa faked a cough as he was enjoying himself.

 

She furrow her eyebrows as she glare at him, until she kind of lost control of herself because of Yonghwa’s words. “If I answer then you’ll let me go, right?” Shinhye wants to hear a approval from him.

 

“It depends on how well you’re going to answer them.” he replied.

 

“I’m going on a date with my boyfriend. His name is Lee Minho. He works in my abeoji’s building so that’s out of the question. He’s going to pick me up at 8pm. I don’t know when he’ll take me back but probably around 10pm though 11pm maybe and the location is still a mystery.” Shinhye chattered everything she knows. “I can go now right?” she left happily knowing that he won’t bother no more but a hand stopped her.

 

“Not quite.” he turned her around to face him as he took her phone.

 

“Yah. What are you doing?” she pointed out to her phone.

 

“I’m just getting your number in case something happens, call me right away.” he gave her phone back when he was done. “Also about me getting your number you might think that I’m attracted to you but I’m not. So don’t even think about it. Ah, before I leave text me about everything that happened unless you want me to bother you the next day about it.” he left as he explained everything to her.

 

She watched him walk away and scoffed after. “Well, I wasn’t even thinking about you being attractive! Also no, I won’t text you so I would like to see you try and bother me the next day!” Shinhye echoed to him and pouted in annoyance.


 

***


 

It has finally reached 8pm and Shinhye was excited but she can’t help but think about Yonghwa.

 

“Tsk, that bastard.” she finally came back to her sense and cursed herself. “Aish, why am I even thinking about him when all he does is nag at me. That bastard like person, I even thought he was nice at first that’s why I wanted to repay him by meeting my appa but I guess I should've never let him in the first place.”

 

Minho came to to pick her up inside of his car but he just saw her bickering to herself and he even called her so many times that he tired himself from yelling her name. So he got out of his car and walked up to her.

 

“Hey. You ready.” Minho said, as he placed one of his hand behind her lower back which shook her out of her bubble that she was in.

 

“Oh, oppa you just came?” Shinhye smiled at his presence.

 

He nodded. “Gaja.” Minho grabbed her hold and held it as they walked to his car.


 

***


 

“Oppa you shocked me today by asking me on a date. I feel like it’s been years ever since.” Shinhye recalled, as they were eating at a fancy restaurant.

 

“Sorry about that Shinhye ah, it’s just that I been really busy with work lately and I just didn’t have time.” Minho replied, trying to sound sincere with his lies.

 

Shinhye smiled at him. “There’s nothing to be sorry about oppa I totally understand.” she sliced a small a part of her steak as she remembered her bodyguard. “Oppa I was wondering-” she looked at him as she was thinking of something. “when are you taking me back home?”

 

He looked at her with wide eyes. “That’s a surprise. Whenever I take you out on a date you’ve never ask such things. Wae? Are you in a hurry?” Minho asked, wondering.

 

“Aniya. I was just asking because appa always complain about me going home late.” Shinhye quickly reply as she took a drink out of her cup of wine.


 

***


 

After their dinner date Minho brought her back home around 9:30pm. Shinhye insisted to walk along back to her house but Minho still came along with her.

 

“Thanks Minho oppa for the food. I really enjoyed it.” she said, as she was about to enter the gates to her house.

 

“Shinhye ah.”

 

“Hm?” Shinhye heard her name as she faced Minho.

 

Minho stared at her lovely as he called out her name and they made eye contact. He took one step towards her and leaned forwards trying to end the night with a goodnight kiss. Shinhye saw the look in his eyes as he leaned more closer to her face. She saw where things were going so immediately shut her eyes closed. When suddenly they heard a loud voice calling out Shinhye’s name.


 

***


 

Chapter 4 UPDATED!!!! Sorry for keeping you guys waiting, again I’m VERY SORRY.

 

But anyways, who was it that called out Shinhye’s name????


Can anyone guess who it is???