Pinky Promise

You and Me Against the World

 

 

 

It was 9:30pm and Yonghwa was in the living room with Joon flipping through the channels.

 

“Aish, why isn’t there anything to watch?” Joon continued to press the button on the remote. “Hey, how’s your mission going?” he asked, as he finally gave up on finding a interesting show to watch.

 

“Huh? Did you say something?” Yonghwa spaced out as he blankly stared at the T.V.

 

“What’s wrong with you? Anyways I was asking if your mission is going okay? You seem to be stressed out.” Joon commented.

 

“Aniya, I’m okay.” Yonghwa said, as he got up.

 

“Where are you going at this hour?” Joon asked, when he saw Yonghwa heading to the doorstep putting on his shoes.

 

“I’m going to get some fresh air. You just stay and watch over the house.” Yonghwa just said as he closed the door before Joon can speak.


 

***


 

Yonghwa was outside as he pulled out his phone. “Didn’t I just told her to message me? She’s really stubborn isn’t she.” Yonghwa mumbled to himself as he checked his phone. “She’s not making my task any easier.” Yonghwa pouted his lips.

 

The whole time Yonghwa was busy checking his phone that he didn’t notice that his legs took him to a tall building. Suddenly a car passed by him and parked a few meters away from the building. The two people got out of the car and walked up in front of the giant gates. As they spoke one of the voice sounded very familiar to him which caught his attention. So he followed where that voice belonged to.

 

To his surprise it was Shinhye and she was with a guy, which he may guessed that it was Minho her boyfriend. Yonghwa saw Minho leaned in closer to Shinhye, he already knew what Minho was trying to do so he turned away minding his own business but on second thought he had another plan.

 

“If she didn’t even bother in texting me, then shouldn’t the right thing to do is interrupt their moment.” he asked himself smirking at them from afar. “Yep, I made up my mind.” Yonghwa his phone as he called someone and ended the conversation with you’re welcome and left the site.


 

***


 

Minho was just inches away from Shinhye’s lip until her father interrupted them by opening the gate. They were surprise by Mr. Park’s appearance and because they probably know that he saw them about to kiss Minho bowed his head.

 

“How are you, sir?” Minho politely said with his head down.

 

“A-appa? What are you doing out here?” Shinhye faked a laugh as she went to her father and held his arm. “Minho was just sending me home, appa. N-nothing was going to happen. Ha-ha.”

 

Mr. Park only glare at them both because they were caught in the act. “Go inside now Shin ah.” he finally spoke and he lead her inside.

 

“Oppa, see you next time then.” Shinhye made eye contact with him, telling him to go home quickly before something happens.

 

They entered the house as Shinhye spoke to her father. “Appa. When will you stop treating Minho like that?” she angry said in aegyo.

 

“Now don’t get me started okay. Thanks to your bodyguard I arrived just in time before that dirty mouth almost touched yours.” Mr. Park felt grateful towards Yonghwa.

 

“Bwo? Yonghwa? What do you mean by that? Yonghwa wasn’t with me, so how did he inform you?” Shinhye insisted, as she followed her appa.

 

“Bwo? You're saying that he wasn’t with you the whole entire time.” Mr. Park’s tone got a little higher as he turned to face his daughter.

 

“A-ani. Never mind. I’ll be h-heading to my room then. Good-night appa.” Shinhye kissed her father’s cheek and ran upstairs.


 

***


 

The next day Yonghwa got up early and took a shower. He headed out but he has a feeling that he was being followed so he kept turning around to see if there was anyone. He found no one but he was certain and it felt strange but he continue to walk.

 

He finally arrived in front of Mr. Park’s house and waited for his daughter. He saw her came out and she seemed surprise.

 

“Wait, what are you doing here?” Shinhye asked with a raised eyebrow.

 

“What do you think? Didn’t I warned I you that I would bother you the next day if you didn’t text me. So here I am.” Yonghwa folded his arms. “Tell me the reasons why, because I couldn’t careless with what you did with you know who.”

 

“With you know who? He has a name.” she mentioned. “Also did you perhaps contact my appa last night? If you did how did you know and why did you do that?” it was her turn to fold her arms.

 

“Am I not allowed to inform your appa everything? I definity clearly heard him to tell him everything.” Yonghwa clarify.

 

“Okay enough with your smart talk. Let’s just go.” Shinhye walked first leaving Yonghwa behind.

 

“Where you heading to then? You didn’t say.” Yonghwa followed her behind.

 

Shinhye was walking when she didn’t notice that the walking sign went red and she still continue to walk and suddenly cars came running towards her way. They saw her walking and pulled the brake but it still didn’t help stop the car right away. Shinhye saw the cars coming and her foot stayed glued to the ground not moving an inch as she just watched the cars at the side of her with wide eyes.

 

Yonghwa finally took his gaze off from the ground and looked straight ahead. At first he was wondering why did she stopped walking in the middle of the road when he saw the cars coming towards Shinhye and this was a perfect scenario for her death but his body acted on it’s own and ran towards her. He caught up to her and pulled her by her arms and into his muscular chest. And because of the impact of how hard he pulled her they both fell backwards onto the sidewalk.

 

Yonghwa was breathing heaving as his heart was bounding very fast for the first time. Shinhye was on top of him and he clutched onto her tight breathing in air. They stayed like that for a minute until he got up and pulled her with him.

 

“What were you thinking!? You could’ve of been killed!” Yonghwa didn’t know what to do but only raised his voice at her.

 

Shinhye’s eyes got watery as her tears were falling and she was trembling. She took one step forward and hugged Yonghwa tight as she sob onto his chest.

 

Yonghwa was shock with her action, so he exhaled as he slowly raised his arms and wrapped it around her also. He didn’t know what he was doing but he acted in an instant. “Shhh. It’s okay, everything's okay now. You’re safe with me.” Yonghwa whispered those comforting words to her as he smoothed her hair with his hand. He doesn’t know why he’s doing this and comforting her with words but all he knows was that this was the first time, the first time that he felt his heart racing with an unexplainable reasons.


 

***


 

After the incident they went to a open space area where benches were placed at and they sat on one of them.

 

“Are you okay now?” Yonghwa asked, sitting beside her as she wiped her last dried up tears.

 

She nodded without saying anything because she suddenly didn’t feel like talking. This was unusual to Yonghwa because she’s usually really talkative but after what happened everything seems to be silent. Nothing came out from .

 

“Uhm…” Yonghwa muttered as he tried to think of something while playing with his fingers. “You see, I’m not really good with comforting people...actually scratch that I don’t even know how to. So seeing you now looking like that…” he paused as he took his gaze off from his hands and tried to peek at her but the whole time when he was talking she was staring right at him with her big and shiny light brown eyes.

 

“Uh…” Yonghwa was lost in words because this was the first time for him to be actually this close up to her face, so they made eye contact.

 

He didn’t know why he was burning up, why his heart was beating faster than average, why he couldn’t take his eyes off from hers, or why the more time he spent with her the more he wants to know more about her. He had always heard people from his surrounding saying that it’s love, but what is love he ask himself? Since young, Yonghwa was never given love from his abeoji, and his omma just had to leave this world leaving him behind. So love is a total mystery which Yonghwa never bothered knowing what it is or felt like, but this time he was curious to find out.

 

“What...were you going to say?” Shinhye asked, as she was curious to what he was going to say.

 

Yonghwa quickly took his gaze off, inhaling fresh air into his system. “Aniya. Forget it.” he got up nervously but was pulled back down beside her.

 

“Say it! I wanna hear.” Shinhye convince, as she stared at him and held his arm letting him sat a lot closer than before.

 

Yonghwa wanted to punch himself as he cursed at himself for trying to have a person to person talk with a South, and above all that person was the target. He finally made a decision to just get it over with so they can get on going.

 

“If you’re upset then there’s nothing I can do to. There happy now.” Yonghwa rapidly said, as he saw her face turn into a serious one.

 

“That was not what you were going to say. It wasn’t sincerely.” Shinhye pouted, with a frown.

 

Yonghwa saw her pout as he quickly got up. “Since it seems as if you’re all better now. Let’s get going.”

 

Shinhye saw Yonghwa got up as he stood in front of her. “Not before you pinky promise me that you’ll tell me what you were going to say.” she held her pinky out in front of him.

 

He stared at her pinky and then at her. Something about her personality or her action made him want to smile or giggle but he held it in and place his pinky around hers. “There. Can we go now?” he irritatedly said.

 

She smiled at him and nodded. “Ga-ja.” she walked ahead of him. “But you pinky swear remember, so you better keep your promise.”

 

He shook his head at her from behind as in “what is she saying” and followed her. Apparently she walked back home with Yonghwa following from behind.

 

“It’s been a long day so I just want to spend the rest at home. Thank you for saving me earlier, again.” Shinhye gave him a small weary smile and opened the gate door.

 

“Wait.” Yonghwa turn his gaze off from the ground and at her when she faced him again. “You wanted to hear what I was going to say right? I’ll tell you now.” Yonghwa was about to speak when someone interrupted them.

 

He turned his head and saw the person who was responsible for the interruption and grimace as he turned to face Shinhye whose face seems to be a lot more brighter than before while she was with him.

 

“Jagiya!” Minho yelled, as he spot her and ran towards her and hugged her. “I missed you.” he pulled away and smiled at her.

 

“Oppa! Why are you here? Aren’t you suppose to be working? If appa knows that you’re slacking off then he might fire you, you know?” Shinhye scolded him.

 

While they were still talking Yonghwa was staring at her the whole time. It was as if he was invisible to her that she forgotten him and even his words that he was going to say that she wanted to hear so badly earlier. Seeing her talking now and a whole lot better now sort of made him relief, but at the same time he was angry. Reasons was because, well Yonghwa didn’t know why he was angry and wanted to punch this Minho guy, her boyfriend. He had so many questions to ask himself but he too, didn’t know the answer to them so what’s the point.

 

He had enough for the day and he wanted to head home already so he did. Yonghwa left Shinhye and her boyfriend first because apparently he couldn’t stand staring at Minho’s face because if he did, then things would of gone pretty ugly, so he left.


 

***


 

Sorry again for the late update. Well now you know who that person was that interrupted them :D

 

Don’t mind me but I’m just going to borrow some lyrics from 2ne1’s Falling in Love.

 

Can’t nobody stop the fire let them haters sit and stare.


Have FAITH YongShinners. We can overcome this together. Don’t mind the haters and Don’t mind the dating rumors when OBVIOUSLY it’s FALSE.