The Special Present

You and Me Against the World

 

 

 

In the republic of North Korea it was Yonghwa’s 21st birthday. Instead of celebrating his birthday with a birthday cake and presents. He was trained his whole 21 years to learn how to seek revenge. Since birth till now he wasn’t provided with love since childhood, he would always get beat by his father if he causes trouble and if he slacks off during his training that would mean a total of 50 slashes. As each day went by he matured, at a very young age he mastered every lesson that was taught. Now that he’s turned 21 he’s in the right age to receive his very first present since birth.

 

“You call for me, abeoji.” Yonghwa entered the North’s main building as he bowed his head in respect and kept his eyes on the floor.

 

“Yes. Yes, I did.” he remained seated in the giant throne in front of Yonghwa. “You’re probably wondering why I sent you here, right? Remember that special present I told you about when you were 10 years old.”

 

Yonghwa was steady in his position not moving a muscle. “Deh. Abeoji.”

 

“Well, that’s great then. Did you know that today was your 21st birthday?” he mentioned.

 

“Aniyo. I was never told when was my birthday.” Yonghwa kept a simple tone in his voice.

 

“Ah, right. Because that was never important, training was. Today is the day you’re going to receive your very first present, on your 21st birthday. So listen carefully I’ll only say it once. Follow me.”

 

He commanded Yonghwa to enter the soundless room as Yonghwa’s father explain everything to him. It took more than an hour to explain how the missions going to happen. After it passed 6 hours they then finally got out of the soundless room.

 

“Go pack up your things now. You’re leaving the first thing tomorrow.” he was was about to walk away but stopped and turned to face him. “Oh, I forgot to tell you. Lee Joon’s going to accompany you. I talked to him a couple of days ago and he agreed. Bring him along.” he said that as he walked away leaving Yonghwa in the dark room.

 

After his father left he walked back to his room to pack up his things. When he was done he set aside his belongings and headed out to the training area. That was always the place where Joon would be at. As Yonghwa expected he was in the shooting area practicing his aiming.

 

Yonghwa came in and knocked on a solid wall to tell about his presence. “Can I have a talk with you?”

 

Joon put down his gun and took off his headset that covers his ears for protection. “So, I heard about the mission. It seems very tough, and I can’t believe you don’t seem burden from it.” Joon boasted.

 

Yonghwa cracked a small smile and then it disappeared. “You don’t have to come. I’ll explain everything to my abeoji.”

 

“Shi-reo.” he calmly spoked.

 

“Why go through all this trouble for nothing? Just stay I can go by myself.” Yonghwa requested.

 

“Look, you may be the son of the North but to me you’re not. Also it’s not all for nothing I’m coming to assist you, you know. What are friends for?” Joon declared their friendship.

 

“Tsk, friends? I don’t have no friends. I’m all about solo.” Yonghwa joked as he walked away. “If you’re going to come along then hurry up and pack your things. We’re leaving the first thing in the morning.” he ordered.

 

“Araseo! See ya tomorrow then!” Joon yelled back as he continued shooting.

 

 

***


 

South Korea, officially the Republic of Korea. Shinhye was the only child so her parents kind of spoils her with everything. Even if they spoiled her they were kind of strict with what she’s doing especially now that she has a boyfriend. But they were kind of glad that Shinhye was dating someone they knew.

 

Shinhye just came out of her house after saying goodbye to her parents. It was a sunny day today where Shinhye thought it’ll be a great day to hang out with her boyfriend. So she called him up, but he didn’t answer his phone so she had to leave him a message.

 

“Annyeong Minho oppa! Are you busy right now? If you aren't then call me back okay. Love you.” She then pressed the number 1 dial after her message.

 

She decided to wait for his call inside of an coffeeshop since she was craving for some caffeine. It’s been more than an hour since she waited for his call, to which he never made any calls. So when she finished her coffee she left the shop and went to her friend’s house.

 

She rang the doorbell. When the door opened it was Seyoung. “Why are here? I thought you'll be hanging out with your namjachingu.” she stood by the door.

 

“It seems as if he’s busy. I left him a message but he never called back. So I came here to bother you. Are you busy also?” she observed.

 

“Ani, not really. I was going to call you up too asking if you were with Minho because if you were then nevermind.” she confessed.

 

“Shall we get going then? It’s such a beautiful day and yet we’re here chatting it away.” Shinhye demanded.

 

“Yeah, yeah. I gotta get ready first. Come in.” she closed the door once Shinhye was inside.

 

Shinhye sat in the living room messing with her phone still wondering when will Minho call. Seyoung came back all dressed up when she saw Shinhye staring at her phone.

 

She put one of her hand on her hip. “Yah, what’s wrong with you? I thought we’re going to have a great time and here you are looking all sad and grumpy. If you really want to see him then go see him.” she informed.

 

She put away her phone. “Aniya. I’m tired of always coming to him. He’s the guy so he should come to me instead of me going to him. Let’s get going then.” she went her and clinged onto Seyoung’s arm. “Let’s go.”

 

“I am going.” they walked to the door.

 

“Oh, wait. Where’s your parents? They weren’t home.” Shinhye stopped before getting out of the house.

 

“They’re out of town because of business. They’re be back in a month.” Seyoung reasoned.

 

“Oh. Let’s go then.”

 

They headed out to watch a 3D movie since shopping would let them stay at a store forever. After an hour and 50 minutes they got out of the theater and threw away their popcorns and soda that they ordered.

 

“Wow. That ending was something.” Seyoung seemed shocked. “What was your thought Shinhye ya?”

 

Shinhye didn’t answered Seyoung’s questioned because it seemed as if she just saw Minho with another girl coming out of the same movie theater.


 

***


 

Well that was the first chapter!!! How was it?!

 

I hoped you guys like it because so far I seem to really enjoy writing this story but I might have problems with it also. So FIGHTING!!!


Thank you for supporting me, DOOLIERS~~~ Also please subscribe and comment.