One

Destiny

"Eomma, where are you going to enroll me this year?" Kyungsoo asked his mom. Now that they're moving elsewhere far from where he really grew up, he didn't realy want to go to school. He thinks people there might all be indecent, not like the ones he knew from the city. "I don't know, Kyungsoo. Just wait, I'll search for one. You understand your new school isn't going to be that expensive like your old one, right?" Mom explained as she searched through the internet. "I know. I'm not that kind of person, really." Kyungsoo sat down beside his mom. "That's good. Stay humble and kind, ok?" Mom patted Kyungsoo's hair and smiled at his son. "I'll always be, eomma."

"Kyungsoo-ah! We'll be going out tomorrow. We'll buy your uniform and school supplies." Mom shouted as she fixes the laptop. "You got me a school already? How fast is that. Can you just.." Kyungsoo looked out the window of his room. "Kyungsoo.. we already talked about this. You said you're alright with this." Mom sat beside Kyungsoo and made his wide-eyed boy look at him. "I know, eomma. I'm sorry.. I just.. I just miss my old school. My friends." Kyungsoo stared at his mom. "Everything's going to be fine! You'll be able to visit them when the time comes." Mom squished Kyungsoo's cheeks and kissed his forehead. "Good Night my Kyungsoo." Mom switched off the lights. "Good night eomma."

"Kyungsoo-ah, let's go now." Mom said after placing her wallet in her bag. "Yes eomma! Coming!" Kyungsoo ran downstairs and closed the door. "We'll go to your new school first, before buying supplies. Okay?" Kyungsoo looked at his mom and nodded. They got on a bus and took a middle part seat. Kyungsoo went for the windows while his mom beside him. While looking out the windows, everything that he saw reminded him of that guy. He was annoyed, so he closed his eyes. But he just got more annoyed. All he could see is that guy's back. So he growled a little. "Kyungsoo-ah, are you ok?" Kyungsoo looked at his mom and his annoyed face went away. he nodded and looked back outside.

They reached the school and his mom went inside the office to talk to the management there. Kyungsoo waited outside, looking for other people who might be students there too, snd guessing what level or grade they are in. He's in 2nd year High School, so he's trying to find someone who's in the same level as him. He kept looking around until he saw a taller guy than him, but it has it's back on and dissapeared quickly. Kyungsoo stood up and tried to follow the guy but his mother called out his name. "Kyungsoo-ah! I got your uniform. They said classes will start next week. Let's go?" Mom patted Kyungsoo's hair. Kyungsoo looked at where the guy dissapeared, but he wasn't there. He looked down in dissapointment. "Is there anything wrong?" Kyungsoo looked at his mom and waved his head sideways. He gave his mother a smile. "Nothing eomma. Let's go." 

They went to the mall where they could buy the things he needed this school year. His mother went the other way and him on the opposite way so that they could finish up early. While Kyungsoo was looking through the things around him, he thought of that guy again. He snapped himself out of this thought. "Kyungsoo, focus. You don't even know that guy." Kyung soo murmured softly. But whenever he kept walking and kept looking for things, that guy always go back inside his head. He got so annoyed that he ran to find his mother. "Oh, Kyungsoo-ah. Are you done? Where are the supplies?" Mom asked as she looked for the things around Kyungsoo. "I.. I don't have them." Kyungsoo looked down. "Eh? But why? It's alright. I found them all here anyway. Let's go and pay this? You must be tired." Kyungsoo followd his mom into the cashier and then went home.

"Here, fix all your things so you won't go cramming the day before the first day of classes." Mom gave the things they bought for Kyungsoo to bring upstairs and pack them. "I'll be cooking dinner, I'll just call you when it's time to eat." Kyungsoo went back to peek at his mom. "Yes, eomma." And he ran back upstairs.

Kyungsoo took his bag and placed all of the things he need for next week neatly. Then he arranged all the things he wouldn't be needed yet. Kyungsoo doesn't like messy things. He will always find a way to make it clean even though it isn't his. He layed on his bed and closed his eyes. He was waiting for his mother to call him but this guy slipped in again. He opened his eyes with an angry face and kept smacking it with a pillow. "Why! Get away from me!" Mom opened the door and saw Kyungsoo hitting himself. "Kyungsoo-ah, are you ok?" Kyungsoo stopped and looked at his mom. "Is it.. dinner time already?" Mom smiled. "Yes dear. Come along." Kyungsoo stood up and went down the dining room.

"Kyungsoo, you've been like that since we left the school. Is everything alright? If this is about-" Kyungsoo raised his hand up just in front of his mother's mouth. "No, eomma. It's not about it and it's nothing." Kyungsoo smiled at his mom and ate his food. "Oh.. okay.. if you say so." Mom just ate as well too, even though she knows there's something bothering her child. "I'm going to school next week right?" Kyungsoo asked in the middle of munching his food. "Yes. It'll be on Monday." Kyungsoo looked away to hide his dissapointment and excitement. "So, it's the day after tomorrow?" Mom nodded.

Kyungsoo sat beside the window of his room. He looked at the stars and talked to the brightest one. "Why is this happening to me? Why do you keep pushing him inside my head? I don't even know him. So please.. don't do this." The star twinkled, and so does Kyungsoo's eyes. Kyungsoo always knew that the star wouldn't respond to him. If it did he would freak out. He was about to speak again when he heard a knock on his door. "Kyungsoo-ah, are you asleep?" Kyungsoo smiled and opened the lights. "No eomma. Why?" Mom gave him a glass of milk. "Drink this before you sleep ok?" Kyungsoo took the glass and smiled at his mom. "Yes eomma. Thank you." Mom closed the door and went to her room. Kyungsoo went back to where he sat beofore and took a sip of the hot milk. "Please let this school year be good. Even though I'm not sure if I'm going to finish it, please make it good. And please geet that person away from me." Kyungsoo glurped the milk one shot and placed it on the table. He closed the lights and laid on his bed. "Good night, star." He went to bed and slept.

 

xx

 

Do you have any thoughts why Kyungsoo isn't sure that he could finish the school year?