Chapter 6

Love Bottle

chapter six

Zelo's POV

I woke up early feeling unusual. Like something is wrong or weird.

I slowly opened my eyes.

I saw Ha Yi sleeping soundly beside me, but she's crossing her arms, like she's avoiding any contact with me.

I slowly shook her shoulder to wake her.

She slowly opened her eyes exposing her hazelnut coloured eyes.

She immediately stood up and transferred to her room.

We ate our breakfast without saying a word to each other; we kept quiet until I left for school. I left my unit seeing her blank expression. Far from her exaggerated pouts that she usually shows whenever I leave my unit.

As I make my way to my school, I realized that Ha Yi has been staying with me for almost a month now and for the past days she's starting to act different from our first meeting.

Like last night, we were watching a movie in my television.

She usually clings in my arm like how octopuses handle their prey.

But she kept her distance, I mean I do like it when she keeps her distance from me but I just find her sudden changes weird.

When we ate dinner last night, she usually drowns me with her corny pick-up lines or from her cheesy jokes but she just kept quiet like what she did this morning.

I'm starting to worry about her.

What's happening?

I'm not yet done solving about her existence and here she goes giving more mysteries about herself.

I was not able to focus on my class because of the thinking about her weird actions.

"Choi Junhong please stand up." Mr. Lee crossed his arms as he give me his stern look.

"Sir?" I answered. Clueless about what happened to our math class. I was awake the whole time and I did not drew even a single line nor a dot on the page opened in my book but I did not heard anything from him other, except when he mentioned my name.

"Please explain this." he's pointing at the board while keeping his eyes on me.

I flawlessly explained whatever was written on the board, I don't know where I got those words but I guess I was right.

"Hmm... Impressive... You were able to answer my question even though you look like your thoughts were flying elsewhere ... What happened to you Junhong? Something's wrong? Do you have problems or whatsoever?" he rested his elbows on the table and laced together his fingers and gave me a worried look.

"I'm fine sir." I answered then made my way back to my seat.

"I don't think so, I've been receiving positive feedbacks from your teachers." he didn't left his position.

I myself was surprised from his words but I did not show that of course.

"Why? Is that a bad thing sir?" I turned to him and shot him a confused look.

Everyone laughed and Daehyun hyung laughed the loudest.

Okay. I get it. It's quite impossible from a person like me to be able to improve that fast.

Yeah. Yeah...

It is because of Ha Yi who taught me very well about that topic last week.

Yes... Ha Yi...

Few hours later,

As I walk home, the thoughts about Ha Yi lingered to my brain once again, I should talk to her maybe that would change her mood or explain everything.

She welcomed me with her blank expression again. This is getting annoying.

“So Ha Yi, I was just thinking..." I started a conversation without looking at her while fixing my things.

“Hmm?" she's facing me but she's staring at somewhere else. At least she answered, a good start, I guess.

"You cook good food so I was wondering if you could teach me some of your recipes ... So that I can cook for myself if ever you decide to leave my place." I faced her and stuck my tongue out.

*Wait for her to start her cheesy lines like 'But I don't want leave this place...’; 'But you need Me.' and the likes.*

...

"Oh okay, sure." she answered and went to the kitchen. I widened my eyes.

I can't believe it.

I froze from my spot, unable to digest the situation.

She looks like she doesn't care about me anymore.

I sat on my bed, held my head and stared at the floor.

Then a realization flashed in my mind.

*Wait? What? Why do I even care if she doesn't care about me anymore? It's a sign from heaven! I'll be free soon!!*

I kneeled, clasped my palms and raised my head.

"Thank you Lord! Thank you so much!"

Then an eerie feeling came into me.

I turned my head towards the door and saw her standing with her left eyebrow raised.

"What are you doing?" she has this puzzled look on her face.

"That was nothing." I stood up and brushed the dusts off my pants.

"So why are you here?" I added while checking for any left dusts.

"I came here to tell you that I can't teach you tonight, we ran out of ingredients." she had this plain tone on her voice that I cannot identify her emotions.

"Oh okay. I'll go out and buy some then." I flashed a smile at her.

"Okay." she left without returning a smile.

It bothers me a lot. This girl in front of me is not the Ha Yi I knew.

Few hours later,

She started her cooking lessons by teaching how to cook omelets.

She accidentally touched the hot pan and her finger swelled.

"Here let me help you." I held her hand but she pulled it away.

"No, don’t bother yourself. I don't need your help, I can handle this myself." her eyes, filled with sincerity.

She looks serious.

I was dumbfounded. Unable to make even a single noise. I just stood there and watched her as she wash her swollen finger.

I watched her as she ran to the first aid kit and placed a cream on her finger.

*She's a magical creature right? Why can't she heal herself like what she did last time? *

FLASHBACK~

Ha Yi was busy making our dinner when she touched the edge of the knife.

I panicked when I saw drops of blood from her finger.

She just giggled and snapped her other finger then the wound closed and did left even a small scar.

End of flashback.

"Why won't you use your magic?" I suggested as she blew at her finger.

"I tried but it won't work." she looks worried, its like the first expression that is appropriate to the situation I saw from her from these past few days.

But the bigger problem is, her magical abilities are missing.

What is the meaning of this?!!

"Are you sick?" I reached for her forehead but she brushed my hand away.

"No I'm not. It'll be back soon, I guess. Let's just go back to our lesson." Our night ended with her drawing a broader line between us.

lemme talk, people!
I'm nervous about our examination tomorrow so I decided to update this one. I encoded this chapter few days ago because of the blackout. so, yeah. Hope you'll like it~! and of course don't forget to subscribe and comment~! and if you're too kind, you may upvote this story. =3 Now, I'll go back to my dark cave where my study table is located.... See you soon piporrr~~~!!
Love, Little Miss Author {ChauPauShooPau}