Chapter 16

Love Bottle

 

 

 

Prom Day.

I sat at the bench outside the hall.

I watched the pairs enter the hall, holding each other’s arms tightly with huge smiles plastered on their faces.

I can feel the sweat forming in my palms.

I held a bouquet of red roses with my left hand, the bear I got at the carnival hanging in my left arm and my phone on my right hand. I need to make sure to get her number before this event ends because after this, there are no assurances that I can still keep up with her.

I felt nervous, what if she changed her mind and decided not to attend.

I was about to get up, ride my car and find their house when a white SUV parked in front of me.

I froze in my spot with my mouth wide open when I saw her. She’s stunning.

“Ha...Yi.” I stuttered, can’t find the right words to say. She frowned.

“Why? Something’s wrong with my make up? Should I just remove it?” she panicked.

“No. Don’t. It’s pretty. You are pretty.” I just let the words flow out of my mouth. She just lowered her head.

“Oh, by the way.” I handed her my phone. She shot me a confused look.

“Can I get your phone number?” I asked and bowed my head, trying my best not to show her my tomato-red face. She just nodded with a blank face.

“And here.” I handed the bouquet and the stuffed toy fast while facing away from her but I did peeked to see her expression.

“Aww. This is cute.” She slightly smiled and frowned again.

“Let’s go now?” I asked while offering her my arm and she slowly nodded.

We entered the hall, 4men’s ‘Baby baby’ was playing increasing the pressure inside me.

I scanned the crowd and saw my hyungs but I can tell that they’re trying to avoid me.

We sat on a table near the door to the garden.

There was a short program for the opening remarks and messages from the faculty.

I would peek to see her expression but she kept her head down the whole time.

I took it as a chance to think of a way to confess to her my feelings.

Yes, I do love her, but I don’t know where to get enough courage to confess to her.

I’m a coward. I mentally slapped myself because of that thought.

“Hey.” She spoke. I quickly turned to her.

“Hmm?”

“Can we talk?” she said while staring straight into my eyes. It felt like she’s keeping pain inside her heart and that pain felt like a huge knife piercing right into my heart.

“Okay, but we can’t talk here, the music’s too loud.” I answered and she nodded.

I lead her to the garden and we walked around waiting for either of us to speak first.

We stopped by a small bridge we held each of the handles, our backs facing each other.

“I,”

“I,” we said in unison.

“You go first.” She said.

“No, you go first, ladies first right?” I said to end the argument.

She stared at her reflection in the water under the bridge.

“Am I ugly?” she had this tone like she’s expecting ‘yes’ as an answer.

“NO.” I answered right away almost shouting. Now I’m facing her back. She let out a deep sigh before facing me.

Tears flowed from her eyes, ruining her perfectly pretty face.

“Then why can’t you love me?! I did everything to make you happy! But all you did was to push me away! Why? W-“She said almost shouting.  I scooped her face and pulled her into a kiss before she can continue because it felt like bombs exploding right into my ears and into my heart. I felt her sobs soften then I let go of her for a while but I still held her face.

“Please, stop.”She stared at me with her swollen eyes. She looks confused.

I wiped her tears with my thumb.

“It... it hurts me a lot.” I can feel my own tears forming.

“I’m sorry.” I added with my eyes closed.

“I’m sorry from treating you that way before. Sorry for being too stupid that I kept on denying my feelings for you. I’m so sorry. I’m so so sorry for making you feel ugly. You are not ugly, in fact you are beautiful and many guys from my class fell in love with your beauty right away. You are also nice and that makes me think that I don’t deserve y-“I let the tears fall and it’s her who kissed me this time but she pulled away immediately.

“You made me stop but you did the same thing and you’re even worse.” She laughed while wiping my tears with her hand.

I hugged her.

“Honestly, I missed this. I never thought that I’ll be able to feel this again.” I hugged her tightly and she hugged me back.

“Me too.” She answered and I felt how happy she is. I smiled widely, I never smiled like this before.

I then pulled away.

“Uhmm... Can I ask for another one?” I asked while raising my pointing finger.

“Another hug? But we just hugged.” She said with one eyebrow raised.

“No... Uhmm...” I rubbed the back of my neck.

“Kiss?” I can see her face turn red. I slightly nodded.

Awkward silence enveloped the whole area.

She whispered something in my ear.

“Never, after making me feel ugly.” She said then ran away.

“But I already said sorry.” I made an exaggerated pout and she came back and wrapped her arms around my neck and kissed me. I’ll admit it, I liked the 1st and 2nd kiss but this one is definitely the best. I hugged her waist as I kissed her back.

That was definitely the best day of my life, confessing to my first love, my first kiss and my best kiss.

--------------------------------------------------------------

Not far away, a lady was watching.

She smiled as she watched the young couple with a huge smile on her face.

“Another love story formed with the help of the love bottle.” She then closed the book she’s holding and walked away.

----------------------------------------------------------------

“You got it?” Yongguk asked his friends. They were hiding in the bush

“Of course I got it and it’s perfect.” Daehyun replied, very proud while holding his DSLR camera with huge lenses.

“Let me see...Aww, the fetus’ first kiss.” Youngjae said while faking a cry.

“Hey! Look! The fetus is crying!” Jongup whispered.

“I need to get a picture of that! Hehe! Got it! She’s going to kiss him! Got it! Hihi! Oh! They’re hugging! Got it! What are they talking about? Look a hug! Got it! This is fun!” Daehyun can’t stop narrating the moment.

“Just make sure to give everyone a copy neh.” Yongguk said. He’s too happy that he’s showing his gums.

“Another kiss! This kid just got 3 kisses in a row! So guys, 3 is the score to beat, now let’s go back inside and beat that score!” Himchan said and they were too excited that they stood up right away.

“What are you doing here?” Junhong exclaimed, too shocked after seeing his hyung popping out of a bush.

“Nothing! Just stretching our legs, we’ve been sitting for an hour so we decided to have a walk.” Himchan made a lame excuse and Junhong glared at them.

They ran away as fast as they could while Ha Yi is just plain confused.

 

===========================================================

Final chapter here because it's a special day~!

 

Hope you guys liked it.

Comments are greatly appreciated.

I luv u ol~!