Chapter 13

Love Bottle

chapter thirteen

I woke up early and did my preparations before leaving. Mom said that we’ll be visiting her favourite boutique to buy my outfit for the prom. She was just too thrilled after she heard the news from Daehyun’s mom that I actually asked a girl to be my prom date.

I was tying my shoe laces when I heard mild knocks at the door.

I opened it and saw mom... holding a thick long rope and with two gigantic guards beside her.

“Uhmm... Mom? What are that thing and those guards for?” I stepped back.

*What if mom hit her head somewhere and went out of her mind or something?*

“Just for some special purposes like if I’ll have a hard time dragging you out of your bed but it seems that I won’t need it any more, oh well, let’s go now!” she just threw rope and snapped her fingers telling the guards to follow her.

I locked the door before following her.

Weird right? Why am I so obedient today? Of course I also want to be presentable beside Ha Yi.

In front of the boutique....

After the driver parked the car.

I saw some sales lady walking towards the fitting area while holding a cherry blossom pink long gown with persian pink ruffles that looks like roses.

I can imagine Ha Yi wearing that gown.

I can imagine how pretty she looks with it.

We went out of the car then I remembered my PSP so I asked my mom to go first inside.

*Plus I know that she’ll do her ‘mini’ conversation with the people inside first before doing her real purpose.*

I took my PSP and followed her inside.

As expected she already found an instant best friend.

Based on what I heard from their non-stop conversation, her instant best friend is a parent either from our school or Ha Yi’s school.

They talked to each other like there’s no tomorrow.

So I focused my attention on my game.

I heard the curtains moved.

“Oh ! You’re so pretty~~! Son! Look at her!” my mom started calling me.

“Hmmm... Yeah..” I answered, my attention, still focused on the game I'm playing.

“Thank you Ma’am.” The girl answered. Weird. She had the same voice as Ha Yi.

“Call me untie~!” My mom giggled.

“Okay untie.” She answered and my mom’s giggle became worse.

“Junhong-ah! You’re rude! You should look at her and give proper compliments!” my mom made childish actions; I can say it from the tone of her voice.

I slowly raised my head and saw no other than her, Ha Yi.

She looks stunning with the gown that she’s wearing, the exact gown I saw earlier.

“You’re...beautiful...Ha Yi..” I can’t stop myself from looking at her.

“Thank You Junhong.” She replied shyly.

“You knew each other?” her mother asked.

“Yes eomma, he’s my partner for the prom.”

I can see sparks in the eyes of our mothers.

*I can sense something bad here, real bad. Should I make my escape now? *

“We should choose an outfit for Junhong that would look good with Ha Yi’s gown, it’s already perfect for her! What do you think?” mom suggested right away. I’m not surprised though.

“That would be nice!” Her mom clasped her hands together and plastered a huge smile on her face.

They turned to me and I faked I smile.

Ha Yi just laughed at me. She must have known what I feel inside.

*I’m doomed.*

Few hours later.

They are still undecided about my suit.

Seriously, I’m tired now.

I tried almost 20 suits already.

Ha Yi showed me a worried look but I raised a thumb up to show her that I’m okay.

I can’t understand myself anymore, why am I acting that way towards her? And why is my heart beating so fast like a criminal being chased by thousands of police cars? Like being chased by a dog after caught stealing at a house? Like a deer being chased by a cheetah, like a rat being chased by a cat, like young lady being chased by slender man, like a teacher being chased by students to sign their clearance, like a hamster who freaked out and ran inside of its wheel and started to run like there’s no tomorrow, like a lady being chased by a , like a prey being chased by a predator, like a small fish being chased by sharks and the likes.

She smiled as a sign of relief.

A few more hours later before they was able to chose the ‘perfect’ suit as they define it.

I waved at her as we part ways, she went to their car and I to ours.

A smile crept into my face as the thought of spending more than half of the day with her came into my mind.

We were waiting for the driver because he went to buy some drinks because I feel so thirsty.

“I’m happy son, I really am.” Mom said with a huge smile plastered on her face.

“Huh?” my thoughts were shaken for a while.

“Happy for what?” I added.

“Because my baby boy is a man now.” Her pink lips are forming a bigger smile.

“Huh? I really can’t understand you mom.” I scratched my head. She’s confusing me.

“You like her, right?” it’s like the tips of her lips already reached her ears. I can feel my cheeks burn.

“Of course not, she’s just my friend.” She just chuckled ignoring my answer.

Then a saleslady came running towards our car.

“Sir, you left this.” She said while handing me my phone.

*SH*T, I forgot to get her number, ONCE AGAIN.*

lemme talk, people!
This is Pau~~! So here's another chapter. Sorry if I turned Zelo into a .... uhmm.... dumb guy(?) btw, I want to see comments from you guys.... as always.