Chapter 5

Love Bottle

chapter five

Zelo’s POV

“ Okay. So you are in your respective groups now. I’ll be asking you to compose 4 songs but I’m giving you freedom to choose your topic, but please exclude ography from your choices and make sure that your song is catchy that can attract both males and females.” Mr. Park, our music teacher oriented us for our group project.

“When is the deadline sir?” my classmate Minhyun asked.

“Two months after, I know your schedules are pretty full so I’ll give way for your other activities. Hmm...I’ll give the remaining time for you to discuss with your group.” he sat on his chair and opened his book.

“So my dear group mates, please suggest a topic for our first song.” Our leader, Yongguk hyung stood up starting a conversation.

Daehyun hyung happily raised his hand.

“Yes Daehyun?” Yongguk hyung pointed at him.

“ Cheese cakes. Definitely cheese cakes.” He stood straight, very proud about his idea.

“NO.” we all said in chorus.

“But why?” his confidence took a deep dive.

“You see, in writing a song, to attract attention, funny, food and love related are on the top of the list. We need something new. Any other suggestions?” no one spoke.

“Come on guys, we need something that everyone can relate with.” He snapped his fingers to get our attentions.

“I know! I know! Birthdays!” Youngjae hyung jumped with his pointing finger up in the air.

“A surprises!” Jongup hyung copied Youngjae hyung’s pose.

“Birthday… Surprise…” those words echoed in my brain.

“Junhongie~! You just celebrated your birthday right?” Daehyun hyung asked.

“Yeah.”

“So, how was it?” they said in chorus.

“Nothing’s new.” I answered trying to keep my mouth shut about the surprise she did for me, or just simply trying to hide everything about her.

“ You should have called us so that we were able to celebrate your birthday maybe in bars, to drink...” Daehyun hyung is rubbing his hands.

“You know that I don’t drink.” I answered.

“You don’t have to drink. You will just serve as our ally by.” Daehyun hyung said with a like-a-boss pose.

He then received a spank-in-the-head from Yongguk hyung.

“FOCUS ON OUR PROJECT DAEHYUN. FOCUUUS...” Yongguk hyung : ‘Scary-face on.’

“Listen guys, think of a story from these key words... Birthdays... Surprises...” he said while snapping his fingers. “

Birthday...Surprise...Ha Yi...” I said in a low tone.

* Of course I don't want anyone to hear mear saying words, especially a girl's name*

*Flashback*

Few days ago. At the dining table.

“ I don’t know. I think, I don’t have any...” she lowered her head once again.

“Are you serious? Are you sure that you don’t have a birthday? I mean, every living creature sure has a birthday or the day that they were able to feel the beauty of the world.” I shot her a confused look.

“ I don’t know, maybe I have one, but I don’t have any idea to when it is.” Her voice is slowly fading.

*Look for a way so that she won’t feel bad about it Junhong!*

“ Even your age?” She nodded.

O_O

“What if you’re an ajhumma just hiding in a form of a young and short girl?“ she stared at me, straight in the eyes. Seriously, she’s scary sometimes.

“That was just a joke of course.” I let out a laugh, her glare softened.

“At least you won’t get old.” I added. Maybe that would brighten her mood up.

“So that means that we can’t apply the song that I heard from the television entitled ‘Grow old with you’ in our relationship?” tears are forming in her eyes.

I managed not to make her cry from the birthday issue but she’s crying because of THAT! *facepalm*

*What have I done wrong in my life?? PLEASE SOMEONE ANSWER ME!! SHE’S DRIVING ME NUTS!!*

“Don’t you cry!!” I said while pointing at her, she had her poker-face back.

I closed my eyes and mentally kneeled, praying.

Then, I raised my head trying to get answers from God.

Ha Yi : O_O

“Junhong? Are you ok?” she poked my shoulders.

*Oh dear God, please tell me that I’m dreaming. This is just a dream right?*

I slowly opened my eyes.

“Hello? Are you okay?” she’s standing beside me waving her hands in front of my face.

*Nah. I’m just dreaming.*

I closed my eyes again.

“Hey Junhong!” she pinched my arm.

*Okay. I’m awake.*

*sigh*

*I hate my life*

~End of Flashback~

“Hey Junhong! Are you even listening?” Yongguk hyung hit my head with a rolled notebook.

“Ouch. Hyung, that hurts.” I said while rubbing my poor head.

“So let’s continue our discussion. Like what I said earlier, we should place that here and place the other one there. You should rephrase this. Yah, yah. That one.” Yongguk hyung started to point at the words written in a sheet of paper.

“What if we remove this one and replace it with this one?” it’s Himchan hyung’s turn now.

“Yeah. I agree with you.” It’s Youngjae hyung this time. “I can’t understand a thing.” I sat on the corner with cross-legs while facing the wall.

*life*

*sigh*

lemme talk, people!
Saenggil chukka hamnida~~! Saenggil chukka hamnida~~! Saenggil chukka hamnida~~! Here's chapter 5 for my beloved Ha Yi's Birthday~~!! I know, tomorrows her birthday but I don't think that I'll be able to update tomorrow so I decided to post it now. So again, please continue to support my story and comment about your insights or even suggestions. Love, Little Miss Author {ChauPauShooPau}