Car Crash

A Reality That's Better than a Dream

A day after the dinner, CNBLUE pretty much did the exact same thing as they did yesterday. CNBLUE is preparing for a comeback in November, which means they only have one month left before their comeback. So for the whole day the group practiced in a small room, leaving them extremely tired. As they left the FNC building, the manager got in the driver's seat, Yonghwa took the seat next to that, Jonghyun took the seat behind the driver's seat, Minhyuk took the one behind Yonghwa's, and Jungshin took the seat in the middle of Jonghyun and Minhyuk. Soon after taking their seats, each one of them fell asleep in a matter of seconds, as a result of their tiredness. As CNBLUE's manager drives straight near the street their dorm is located at, a drunk driver from the left crashes into the left side of the car. Because of the impact, Yonghwa and Minhyuk, who are on the right side of the car, are sent flying out. Jonghyun and the manager, being on the left side, took most of the impact. Jungshin, however, is fine since he had Minyhuk and Jonghyun protecting him on both sides. After seeing the state of Jonghyun, he urgently pulls out his phone, and with tears falling down his face, he calls for help and soon the ambulance arrives and takes them to the nearest hospital. 

 

 

 

 

 

After hearing of this car crash, the media soon arrives at the scene of the crash. They took nonstop pictures of the ambulance taking the members and the manager on a cart into the ambulance van. Minhyuk and Yonghwa gave a thumbs up to the photographers, to show that they are fine. But on the other hand, Jonghyun has his eyes closed; he was knocked unconscious from the pain of the impact from the crash. As he is boarded onto the ambulance van, Jungshin is holding Jonghyun's hand, crying and praying at the same time.

 

 

 

As expected, news about this car crash spreads rapidly and soon it becomes the news headline of the 7 o'clock news, the program SNSD is watching since their favorite show just ended.

 

 

 

'CNBLUE INVOLVED IN A FIERY CRASH.'

 

 

 

As the female announcer reads the headline, the SNSD members are stunned. Yoona, who walked in after she finished drying her hair, lost all the power in her legs as the announcer reads the details of the crash.

 

 

 

"At around 6:47 in Seoul, the members of the band, CNBLUE, were heading home when a man crashed into the left side of CNBLUE's van. Those on the left side of the car, CNBLUE's manager, and lead guitarist Lee Jonghyun sustained the most injuries. Lee Jungshin, Kang Minhyuk, and Jung Yonghwa are expected to be released later this night, but the status of Lee Jonghyun and the manager are uncertain. Police are investigating whether the man was drunk or sober at the time of the crash.  More reports on this fiery car crash are to come, stay tuned."

 

 

 

The SNSD members turn left and right and look at each other, each in shock. They then turn their attention to Yoona because she hit the floor after her shock. Then they turn their attention to Seohyun, who just came back from her photoshoot, as she walks into the living room.

 

 

 

     "What's wrong?" Seohyun says as she stares at her unnies' weird facial expressions.

 

 

 

     "CNBLUE just got into a car crash.." the voice out of Taeyeon's mouth barely escapes.

 

 

 

     "WHAT?!"

 

 

 

Seohyun stares at the TV, with tears threatening to fall as the news continues on their coverage of the car crash. A bit later, pictures of the car crash as well as the members are displayed on the TV. A sigh of relief can be heard as pictures of Yonghwa and Minhyuk with a thumbs up are shown. But as soon as a picture of Jonghyun with his eyes closed on a cart, with Junsghin crying next to him, is shown, gasps are heard around the living room. Suddenly Yoona runs to her room and slams her door shut.

 

 

 

 

 

After a while, Yoona opens the door and walks slowly to the kitchen.

 

 

 

     "Yoona-yah, are you alright?"

 

 

 

     "Of course not! How can I…" Only a few words escaped Yoona's mouth before she burst into tears again.

 

 

 

     "Yoona yah, come over here so we can help you out." says the worried Taeyeon as Yoona heads back to her room with a cup of water in her hand.

 

 

 

     "It's okay, unnie."

 

 

 

All the girls stare at Seohyun, signaling for her to follow after Yoona and comfort her, since Seohyun is the best out of all the SNSD members at comforting Yoona.

 

 

 

     "Unnie.." Seohyun says in a soft voice after arriving at Yoona's room.

 

 

 

     "What.."

 

 

 

     "Just tell me everything that's on your mind."

 

 

 

     "Just go away.."

 

     

 

     "I'll try and help you out unnie."

 

 

 

Yoona drinks from the cup and lets out a big sigh afterward.

 

 

 

     "It just hurt my heart, seeing him like that." Yoona tries her best not to let any more tears drop down her face.

 

 

 

     "It hurt us a lot too."

 

 

 

     "Yeah," Yoona sighs. "He's such a kind-hearted guy with a lot of charms, once you get to know him. I just hope he's alright, Seohyun-ah." She continutes to blabber. "Whenever he smiles, he makes my heart beat faster. He's the only guy that can do that. Even when Donghae and I had our dates, my heart didn't beat fast. I was happy and I smiled when I was with him, but with Jonghyun it's different. I think I'm falling for him Seohyun. I don't know why I'm telling you this…but it might be too late now." Yoona manages to say before she lies on her bed in exhaustion.

 

 

 

     "Unnie… please don't think that way… Let's just be positive okay?"

 

 

 

     "I'll try…" Yoona says as she buries head in her pillow.

 

 

 

     "Okay unnie, I'll leave now." And with that Seohyun left the room, making sure to close the door behind her.

 

 

 

 

 

During this conversation, most of the girls recovered from their shock and left the living room. But Seohyun went back in the living room and had the TV on, waiting for any updates on the condition of her brother-in-laws. She also had her phone in her hand, refreshing the news website every few seconds.

 

 

 

     "Lee Jonghyun Still Unconscious" Seohyun mumbles out the headline

 

 

 

Seohyun continutes to read the article out loud until the article she was reading is interrupted by a screen that says, "Incoming Call, Yong~~~"

 

 

 

     "Are you guys okay? Tell me everything." Seohyun quickly says before her boyfriend could even greet her.

 

 

 

     "Yeah. Jungshin, Minhyuk, and I got released after a few hours since the only injuries we got were bruises. But Jonghyun on the other hand.."

 

     

 

     "Well, what about him?" Seohyun says in a worried face.

 

 

 

Yonghwa lets out a big sigh before he continues.

 

 

 

     "I don't know. He's still unconscious, but his breathing is normal. Everyone's just waiting for him to regain his consciousness."

 

 

 

     "Ahh, but he's not going to die right?" 

 

 

 

     "Of course not. Yah, Seo Joo Hyun why would you say such a thing? He just got knocked unconscious from all the pain in his left leg."

 

 

 

     "Ahh, that's a relief. What happened to his left leg? How bad is it?"

 

 

 

     "I think his left leg got crushed by the car. I don't really know. I couldn't see him because I got launched out of the car."

 

 

 

     "He must have been in serious pain… And how about you? Everything okay?"

 

 

 

     "Yeah, don't worry Hyun. I'm a strong man so I'll be fine."

 

 

 

     "Eyyy."

 

 

 

     "Hehe, I'll hang up now. You should rest now."

 

 

 

     "Alright, oppa. See you soon."

 

 

 

As soon as Seohyun is done with her phone conversation with Yonghwa, the members come back into the living room after hearing her talk to her boyfriend over the phone. Even Yoona who just woke up comes over.

 

 

 

     "Unnies, Yong said Jonghyun oppa is still unconscious because of the pain he felt from the car crushing his leg, but he's expected to be okay."

 

 

 

The members all cheer, with bright smiles appearing on their faces.

 

 

 

 

     "That's still bad you know. His leg must be hurting." says Yoona, trying her best not to smile, as the cheering of the other members dies down.

 

 

 

     "See, I told you she likes her. So protective and caring of him." Yuri says as the atmosphere lightens up.

 

 

 

     "Aish, I'm going to sleep now." Yoona quickly retreats to her room.

 

 

 

     "She just slept and now she wants to sleep again?" says Hyoyeon.

 

 

 

     "And again she doesn't deny it when Yuri teases her." adds Tiffany.

 

 

 

And this time, their teasing of Yoona wasn't rudely interrupted.

 

____________________________________________________________________________________