Apology

A Reality That's Better than a Dream

SNSD had some group activities in Japan the day after Jonghyun made his bold confession. Of course, separating two lovers who just got into a relationship isn't the best thing to do, but lucky for them, SNSD planned to return back to Korea in a day.

 

 

To: Jonghyunnie<3

Oppaaaa, I miss you!

 

 

 

From: Jonghyunnie<3

Me too :(

 

 

 

To: Jonghyunnie<3

But don't worry, we're coming back to Korea tomorrow morning. Do you have any schedules for tomorrow?

 

 

 

From: Jonghyunnie<3

Yeah, but it ends at 4.

 

 

 

To: Jonghyunnie<3

Ah, then can you have your manager drop you and Yonghwa off at our dorm? Seohyun's been complaining lately about not seeing her boyfriend.

 

 

 

From: Jonghyunnie<3

Of course, but don't you need to get some rest?

 

 

 

To: Jonghyunnie<3

I didn't know you were this caring… hehe it's alright oppa. I come back in the morning so I'll probably take a nap to recharge my energy.

 

 

 

From: Jonghyunnie<3

Aish Im Yoona, I'm not that mean of a person you know… anyways I'll see you tomorrow!

 

 

__________

 

 

There were four people sitting on the couch and only one person was watching the movie. Lee Jonghyun was totally engrossed in the movie, almost oblivious to his surroundings. Yoona, Yonghwa, and Seohyun were not. Yonghwa and Seohyun were doing PDA on the couch while Yoona watched Seohyun in horror. She was amazed at how grown up the maknae has become.

 

 

"Oppa." Yoona whispers in Jonghyun's ear as she nudges him with his elbow.

 

 

 

"Hmm?" he responds, not losing his focus on the movie.

 

 

 

"Let's get out of here."

 

 

 

"Why?" he says while turning to her.

 

 

 

"I can't watch the movie with these two lovebirds making out 24/7." says Yoona as she points at the YongSeo couple.

 

 

 

Jonghyun's eyes widen as he watches the couple.

 

 

 

"Yeah, alright then. Where do you want to go?" 

 

 

 

"It's kinda stuffy in this room, kinda makes me want to go outside and take in some fresh air."

 

 

 

"How about the park right in front of your dorm?"

 

 

 

"That was exactly where I was thinking we should go!"

 

 

 

"Really? Wow! We're truly a match made in Heaven." Yoona only smiles at Jonghyun's comment as she gets up from the couch and grabs Jonghyun's hand to lead him over to the door.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

"This reminds me of my childhood days." Jonghyun says while he rides the swing. "I remember near my home in Busan that there was a park that I would always go to as a child. Whenever I was sad, I used to just ride the swings and temporarily forget about whatever was bugging me. But now, I'm here on the swings in a much brighter mood. It's a bit weird riding these swings when I'm not in a bad mood. Life's good now. I accomplished my goal of becoming a musician, I'm making money, I have a beautiful girlfriend…, but back then my life ."

 

 

 

Yoona noticed the sad expression in his face, but didn't say anything.

 

 

 

 

"You know," Jonghyun continues. "people often associate childhoods with something that they could look back on and smile upon. Why do they do that? Did you have a decent childhood?"

 

 

 

Yoona nodded her head while riding the swing as well.

 

 

 

"Lucky… I never had a decent childhood.." Jonghyun stares up into the sky while continuing to ride the swing.

 

 

 

"What exactly happened? Just tell me everything, I'm here for you." 

 

 

 

"My parents always fought, I always got bullied, I barely had any friends, and I got bad grades. I didn't know what I wanted to do with my life for a while and I even had the thought of ending it. But one day when I was walking home from school, I found a old guitar in the dumpster and I just picked it up. Goes to show you how poor we were, picking stuff up from the trash. Anyways, that was my first ever guitar. I taught myself how to play it and eventually it was my passion, and I eventually chose it over school. Obviously, my parents didn't support this decision. So what did I do? I ran away and dropped out of school. I survived by making money from street performances with my guitar and somehow an FNC scout found me while I was playing and recruited me. And now here I am, 6 years later."

 

 

 

Jonghyun slowed the pace of the swing by stopping his momentum a bit.

 

 

 

"Behind my smile lies this type of person: a person with insecurities and a dark childhood which reflects my personality a bit. That's why people think I'm so cold and mean. But in reality, there's a warm side in me. I'm human after all. All I needed was someone's love and support and this warm side would have been revealed, but I never had that in my life.., until you came along." Jonghyun says while giving her a bright smile.

 

 

 

"And I'll continue to love and support you, and I'll let nothing get in the way of that." Yoona says while giving him a hug.

 

 

 

"Since when did you learn to become so romantic?" Jonghyun says while kissing her forehead.

 

 

 

"Acting in dramas."

 

 

 

Jonghyun's face became grim at the thought of her acting lovey-dovey to another man for a drama.

 

 

 

"Ah, I see." he says as he gets off the swing.

 

 

 

"Why? Is my boyfriend jealous?" Yoona teases as she gets off as well.

 

 

 

Jonghyun turned around to hide his embarassed face.

 

 

 

"No, no. Come on. Let's go in." Jonghyun says while grabbing her hand.

 

 

 

Yoona pulled his hand which causes him to stop in his tracks.

 

 

 

"My kiss scenes were all acting." 

 

 

 

She leaned in and her lips touched his, which made Jonghyun pull her in closer. The two had a passionate kiss for a while before Yoona pulled back from the lack of air.

 

 

 

"But that was everything but acting." Yoona says with a small little smile appearing on her lips. "Anyways, we should go in now. It's getting cold."

 

 

__________

 

 

 

All in all, the relationship between Jonghyun and Yoona went well. Schedules and time conflicts certainly were an obstacle to their relationship, but they passed through them nonetheless. Each day, they would try their hardest to keep in contact, whether it would be by texting, calling, video chatting, etc. But on July 5, they wouldn't have to use any of those methods to contact each other because both were to attend the KBS Music Bank 1st Half Year Special with their groups.

 

 

 

"I just realized that the van you were following belongs to Super Junior." Taeyeon says as she stares at the manager. "Why are they here today? They didn't even promote in 2013!"

 

 

 

"Donghae, Shindong, and Eunhyuk are going to be the special MC's." the manager responds as he continues to follow Super Junior's van into the KBS parking lot.

 

 

 

"Uh-oh. Jonghyun and Donghae are going to meet up today…" the leader says quite loudly.

 

 

 

Everyone scratched their heads as they thought about this. What Taeyeon said was true. The two were bound to meet up today since CNBLUE would attend as well.

 

Each and every member were a bit worried on how today would play out.

 

 

__________

 

 

 

"Wow…, what luck is it that we perform right after SNSD? We get to watch them dance and sing… wah!" fanboys Yonghwa as he saw SNSD walk up on stage.

 

 

 

Yonghwa waved his hands up high in the air to grab the attention of his girlfriend, but failed.

 

 

 

"Man, I wish she would look in this direction." 

 

 

 

Somehow, Yonghwa caught the attention of Yoona instead, but not for long, since she set her eyes upon the man standing right next to Yonghwa. While singing "I Got A Boy", she gave a quick wink to Jonghyun as she performed on stage, much to the jealousy of Yonghwa, who wanted a wink from Seohyun.

 

 

 

"Wah, you guys did amazing!" Jungshin said to the SNSD members after their rehearsal, with Minhyuk saying a similar line of praise.

 

 

However, Jonghyun and Yonghwa were in their own little world with their respective girlfriends.

 

 

 

Jonghyun handed Yoona an ice cold water bottle as he wiped her sweat with a towel.

 

 

 

"Here, I saved this just for you." he says as he kisses her cheek.

 

 

 

"And I saved THIS just for you." 

 

 

 

Yoona kissed him on the lips after placing emphasis on "THIS".

 

 

 

"Hyun, were we ever like that when we first became a couple?" Yonghwa asks.

 

 

 

"Nope. They're much cheesier than we will ever be."

 

 

 

"Mhmm. I know right. Well, I gotta go now since now it's our turn to perform, see you at the closing stage Hyun!"

 

 

__________

 

 

The couple tried their best to not look at each other or interact with each other when it was time for all the groups to come up for the closing stage, mainly to stay away from the prying eyes of the media and fans, who at any given opportunity could create rumors that could lead up to a scandal. Also, they didn't interact because of none other than Lee Donghae, who Jonghyun could tell was staring at him. "What does he want? He STILL can't get over his breakup? What a creep." However his thought process was interrupted by none other than Donghae himself. 

 

 

 

"Hey, meet me at the cafeteria after this." Donghae whispered in Jonghyun's ear before he walked away.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Jonghyun, as expected, was a bit nervous as he walked into the cafeteria. As soon as he walked in, he saw a bunch of eyes staring at him, including Shindong, Eunhyuk, and his CNBLUE members, and Yoona, along with her SNSD members. "Hmm, why is she here? I thought her group would have gone to another schedule by now." But as soon as he saw the pair of eyes he was looking for, Donghae's, he immediately walked to him and sat at his table.

 

The two were alone at that table without any words being spoken as the Super Junior, CNBLUE, and SNSD members continued to watch over them. "Ugh, I swear, one of these days, Lee Donghae is going to get it… when will he get over me? He's the one who cheated on me in the first place.." Yoona was disgusted over the fact that her boyfriend is talking to her ex.

 

 

 

"Here, have something to drink." Donghae says as he offers Jonghyun a water bottle.

 

 

 

"No thanks. I'm fine. So why do you want to talk with me?" he responds in a somewhat cold voice.

 

 

 

"Sorry Jonghyun-shi. I'm sorry." Donghae says, much to the shock of Jonghyun.