Dumb Jonghyunnie and Clumsy Yoongie

A Reality That's Better than a Dream

"Are you guys having fun?" a voice that belongs to a man booms around the room.

 

 

 

"Oh my goodness, you scared the heck out of me." Jonghyun says as he sees a man with golden hair standing next to the door. Yoona, upon realizing who the person at the door is, sighed in relief.

 

 

 

"I swear I heard the tune of Love Light." Seohyun says as she stands next to her boyfriend.

 

 

 

"I know right. Anyways, whatever song you guys were practicing, I'm afraid you guys are going to have to stop now." Yonghwa says.

 

 

 

"Why?" Jonghyun responds.

 

 

 

"Manager hyung called. Come on Jonghyun, we have to go now."

 

 

 

"Alright hyung." he turns around. "See ya." he bids his farewell to Yoona. "Make sure to keep practicing!"

 

 

 

"Okay oppa. I'll try. Good luck on your comeback guys!" she says to Yonghwa and Jonghyun. Seohyun soon says the same thing.

 

 

 

"Thanks, you too!" Yonghwa and Jonghyun reply as they head out the door.

 

 

 

 

__________

 

 

"Why are you up so late?" Yonghwa asks after he steps into Jonghyun's room.

 

 

 

"Why, what time is it?" Jonghyun responds with an innocent look.

 

 

 

"A little over 2 in the morning."

 

 

 

"Oh…"

 

 

 

"When are you going to sleep?"

 

 

 

"After I'm done composing this song for our new album."

 

 

 

"The song that we're supposed to record in a few days?"

 

 

 

"Yeah."

 

 

 

"What? Why are you working on this now? Our album is dropping soon!"

 

 

 

"We're almost finished, I'm just adding the final touches."

 

 

 

"Can I hear what you got so far?" Yonghwa puts on Jonghyun's headphones and listens as Jonghyun sits silently, patiently waiting. "Sounds good! What's the song called?"

 

 

 

"It's called 'More Than You'"

 

 

 

"Ah, I see. If you make any noise and disrupt my sleep, you better believe I'm going to disrupt your sleep as well."

 

 

 

Jonghyun laughs. "Don't worry hyung."

 

 

 

 

__________

 

 

Not much interaction between the two groups took place, since their comebacks are right around the corner. While preparing for their respective comebacks, the CNBLUE and SNSD members found that December passed in a blur. This left SNSD in a frenzy; they wanted to celebrate New Years Day with their families, but couldn't do so because their album released the same day. A month's worth of promotions now began for the 9 goddesses. As for CNBLUE, they were still putting in some extra practice to make up for the time spent preparing for their December concert in Seoul.

 

 

 

 

 

"Ahh, hyung, drive faster!!" Yonghwa says to his manager, as the three other members shake their head in disgust. "I have to see my Hyunnie tonight!" He cheeks his phone to see how many minutes are left until Music Bank starts. "Ah! It's already 6:00. Hurry hyung, the show starts in 20 minutes!"

 

 

 

"Alright alright Yonghwa, just calm yourself." the manger says as he cracks a smile.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

"Alright loud-mouth, we're here."

 

 

 

"Thanks manager hyung!" Yonghwa yells as he opens the car door and bolts off. The three members shake their head in disgust once more as they are forced to carry their belongings, as well as Yonghwa's, up the stairs, since he took the elevator.

 

 

 

"No wonder hyungsoonim calls him Yong-choding." Jonghyun mutters as the two members nod in agreement.

 

 

 

"We're so going to get our revenge on him for making us carry his stuff." the maknae says with an evil smirk.

 

 

 

"How are we going to get our revenge?" Minhyuk soon joins in on the plan.

 

 

 

"Hmmm." the three say altogether as they wait outside the door, thinking of a plan before going in.

 

 

 

"How about we just tickle him?" Jonghyun suggests.

 

 

 

"Sure." the two younger boys agree as Minhyuk then opens the door.

 

 

 

Upon placing their bags down, the three boys start running to the couch and tickle Yonghwa like crazy. Jonghyun, upon hearing that SNSD's interviews were coming up on Music Bank, stopped and had his eyes glued to the screen.

 

 

 

After struggling for a good half minute, the tickling from the two younger boys finally stopped. "Aish! Because of you guys I just missed SNSD's segment."

 

 

 

"Don't worry hyung, you didn't miss anything yet. They're coming up." Jonghyun says as he continues to stare at the TV as if he's having a staring competition with it.

 

 

 

"What has SNSD done to our hyungs…" Jungshin whispers to Minhyuk as the two of them head to their respective rooms to get changed, while Jonghyun and Yonghwa continue to sit on the couch, each not bothering to change their clothes, in fear that they might miss the segment.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

"Woooo! There's my Hyun! Wow, so beautiful!" Yonghwa exclaims.

 

 

 

"And there's my Yoona. Gorgeous as always." Jonghyun was too focused on Yoona that he didn't even realize that the performance was over.

 

 

 

"Ayyyy! I wish I could replay that again! That was too short!" Yonghwa voices out Jonghyun's thoughts. Yonghwa then leaves since he knows that SNSD's airing time is now over. As he leaves, Jonghyun catches a glimpse of him typing something on his phone. "Hmm, I should send Yoona a congratulatory message just like Yonghwa is sending hyungsoonim a message… But then the SNSD noonas will get mad at me if I don't send them one too. Aish but I only have Taeyeon noon's number along with Yuri noona.

 

 

To: Yoong, Jonghoon's GF, Leader Tae

 

Congratulation on your group's comeback. I don't have the number of all the members, so please do tell them that I said congratulations as well. I hope you guys do really good in album sales, but not better than us kekeke, just kidding. SNSD HWAITING!

 

 

From: Jonghoon's GF

Thanks for your message! But right now there's a serious issue going on… we can't find Yoona.

 

 

From: Leader Tae

How sweet! Did you text Yuri this as well? A message came to her phone as soon one came to mine. But in all seriousness, we can't contact Yoona. We don't know where she is. I told you a day like this would occur…

 

 

 

Knowing that the two are right next to each other (since Taeyeon mentioned that Yuri received a text message at the same time she did), he calls Taeyeon and asks her to put it on speaker.

 

 

 

"Hello?" a feminine voice answers.

 

 

 

"Taeyeon noona, it's me Jonghyun. So can you guys tell me what happened?"

 

 

 

"Manager oppa dropped us off after our Music Bank recording, but those who had another schedule left. But, Yoona, Yuri, Sunny, and I don't have a schedule so you would expect us to all be at the dorm…. except that Sunny left because she's having a party with Sungmin and as for Yoona…., I don't even know where she is. That's the main problem."

 

 

 

"Normally, we don't worry about her too much when she just leaves without notifying us…, but we all know what happened the last time she went out somewhere by herself, and it's dark right now too…" a feminine voice that Jonghyun distinguished as Yuri's chimes in.

 

 

 

"I just came home from my schedule so I'm free right now. I'll try my best to help you guys. She doesn't answer your texts right?"

 

 

 

"Well we tried calling her and she answered, but she wouldn't tell us where she is."

 

 

 

"Aish, I'll try calling her." Jonghyun responds as he hangs up rather rudely.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

"H-hello?" Yoona's stuttering and her voice provides a hint that she's been crying.

 

 

 

"Where are you?"

 

 

 

"Why?"

 

 

 

"Your unnies have been looking for you."

 

 

 

"Tell them I'm fine…. I don't need their help." Yoona sniffles because of her crying.

 

 

 

"Please, at least tell me where you are. I promise I won't tell the other members. It's just that I want to help you.."

 

 

 

"It's-" Yoona manages to say before she's interrupted by Jonghyun.

 

 

 

"Yoong.., I can tell that you're not in the best condition right now. Just please let me help you. You mean a lot to me." A sniffle can be heard from Yoona. "I never want to see you cry Yoona."

 

 

 

"I'm in the park near the FNC building. I'm at the high hill." Yoona sighs before hanging up.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

"Hyung where are you going?" Jungshin asks.

 

 

 

"Places." Jonghyun responds as he heads toward the door, leaving the three other members in confusion. But they soon mind their own business and go back to what they were doing.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

As Jonghyun walks toward the high hill in the park near the FNC building, he notices that Yoona is shivering in the cold with her knees up against her face, and her arms around her knees. He quietly walks to her and happens to see that some fresh tears on her face and that her eyes are glistening as she stares into the moon.

 

 

 

"Isn't it cold when the wind blows against your wet face?" Jonghyun quietly says as he sits next to her, surprising Yoona for a second.

 

 

 

"Not really."

 

 

 

"How do you know about this place?"

 

 

 

"Yonghwa oppa told Seohyun about this place and then she told me."

 

 

 

"This is where CNBLUE hangs out when we have some issues. And I guess it's now your secret place…What happened for you to come to this place?"

 

 

 

"I don't know.. I don't know really. It's just that our comeback is bringing me so much stress. I don't even know why I was crying. I already knew that we were going to get some negative feedback regarding our comeback. But, when I actually read the comments, my heart just sunk. So many people have been waiting for our comeback, and I feel like I've let them down."

 

 

 

"I'm sure they'll learn to love the song. I mean at first, when I was at the SM building for a meeting with the producers, I thought that the song was weird and chaotic. But as I kept listening, I started liking it more. And I'm sure that's the case, since it hasn't been too long since you guys released your album." Yoona nods her head as Jonghyun consoles her, trying her best to believe what he's saying. "And besides," Jonghyun continues, "who can ever hate on SNSD, especially you?"

 

 

 

"Huh?"

 

 

 

"Are you worried that people will start disliking you guys because of this new image that your comeback brings?"

 

 

 

"Yeah, sort of."

 

 

 

"The angry female netizens are only trying to bring you down because you're so much better than them. Only dumb people would actually hate you… You really think that people would hate such a nice and sweet person like you?" 

 

 

 

After a brief moment of silence, Yoona says, "Wait, hold up." Yoona pulls out her phone from her pocket and presses the 'Contacts' tab.

 

 

 

"What are you doing?"

 

 

 

"Just changing your contact name to 'Dumb Jonghyunnie'." Yoona shows him the edited contact name.

 

 

 

"Huh?" Jonghyun confusedly asks.

 

 

 

"You said people who hated me are dumb, and you used to hate me right?" teases Yoona, who at this point is giggling, 

 

 

 

"But, we're friends now!" Jonghyun takes a quick glance at Yoona and realizes that she actually saved the edited contact name. "Welp, time to change your contact name.." Jonghyun says in a teasing voice.

 

 

 

"Don't you dare…" Yoona says in a half serious, half jokingly.

 

 

 

"Too late now." Jonghyun laughs in delight over her new contact name.

 

 

 

"Aish Lee Jonghyun!" Yoona manages to get a few slaps in before Jonghyun runs down the hill to get away from her.

 

 

 

"Catch me if you can!" He teases.

 

 

 

"Oh, I will……… Aaack!" After trying to chase Jonghyun down the hill, she rolls her ankle and starts rolling down the hill at a dangerously fast pace before she bumps into something.

 

 

 

"Maybe I should have changed your contact name to 'Clumsy Yoongie'." mutters Jonghyun as Yoona grabs her ankle. "Are you okay?" he says in a voice full of worry.

 

 

 

"Yeah, I think I'm fine."

 

 

 

"Here, hop on my back."

 

 

 

"Hopping on your back would require me to first stand. And I don't think I can do that."

 

 

 

"Then bridal style it is." He picks up the lightweight Yoona to the pink car. Had he looked down, he would have noticed a blushing Yoona. After all, she has her face buried in his chest and her arms around his neck.

 

 

 

"Thanks oppa." Yoona says as she limps into her car. "See you in two weeks for your comeback!"

 

 

 

"Mhmm. Take care. Don't stress yourself okay?"

 

 

 

"Says the one who always sleeps at like 2, stressing himself over composing songs."

 

 

 

"Well at least my efforts paid off! One of my songs made it to the album!" Jonghyun defends himself.

 

 

 

"Ahh, I wish to hear it!"

 

 

 

"Stay here, I have a copy of our new album to give to you." Since the distance between the two cars aren't that far, he grabs the CD from his car in no time. "Here, take it." Jonghyun hands her the new CNBLUE album, that hasn't been released yet.

 

 

 

"Wow, I feel so special. Thanks for helping me with my issues and for saving me from falling all the way down the hill. Oh and I'll make sure to listen to your new album!"

 

 

 

"Alright, take care." Jonghyun says before returning to his car.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Time stops when I see you smiling on it (on it)
You whispered that you love me, hugging me so warmly.
You are my everything though you left me.

I got much more tears than you. I think I feel sadder.
I miss you more than you do. I think I can’t let you go.
No one’s sure if you come back to me a day, a year later.
I must still love you like a fool
I failed to forget and leave you.
More than you.

 

 

Yoona listened to the song Jonghyun co-composed, but soon turned the song off after listening to the lyrics. "Why can't Jonghyun compose some more happy songs? Songs like these remind of me of my past relationship with Donghae. And right now, I want nothing to do with him, since there's a guy that has already captured my heart. And his name is Lee Jonghyun."

 

 

____________________________________________________________________________________