Barriers Slowly Breaking

A Reality That's Better than a Dream

Yoona's POV

 

 

Another tiring dance practice that the 9 of us had in the SM dance room. We woke up at 7 and practiced all the way until 4. Now that the news about SNSD's comeback in January was released to the public, we have to continue to work hard because the netizens have great expectations for us. But still our comeback is in January and it's only September.. err it says September 30th on my phone. Why do we have to work so hard when we still have so much time until our comeback? I guess it's part of being a female K-pop idol... I wish I had a boyfriend that would comfort me during these times, but the last time I had a relationship with someone was with Donghae, about 7 months back. Although it pained for me to break up with him, I had to because he was cheating on me and I decided to break up with him before he breaks up with me. Zzzzzz… this car ride is making me really sleepy….. hurry up manager, drive the car faster. I want to go to the dorm and sleep for a little while….

 

 

 

Seohyun's POV

 

 

This car ride is super boring…. where's my Yong-choding to entertain me when I'm bored. I really want to text him but I don't want to bother him because I know he and his group are practicing for their comeback. I'll just wait patiently until- oh Yoona must be really tired, falling asleep with your head on my shoulder. Anyway, continuing on my thoughts- I'll just wait patiently until Yonghwa texts me…

 

 

 

Since SNSD's dorm isn't extremely far from the SM building, the 9 girls arrived at their dorm in a short amount of time. The 9 girls go inside their dormitory with Yoona on the manager's back. As Yoona sleeps in her room, time passes and it is 5:45. The maknae is the only one who is still awake in the house because she is young and still very lively.

 

 

 

Seohyun's POV

 

 

It's so quiet in this dorm. You would expect this dorm to be super loud because there are 9 girls living in one place, but Yoona, Sooyoung, Hyoyeon, and Sunny are all sleeping, while the rest left to see their boyfriends. The only sound in this dorm is the sound of the TV. Beep-beep! I hope that's Yonghwa texting me…. I hope that's Yonghwa texting me I repeat to myself as I wish that my boyfriend really did text me. As I check the phone in my purse, a smile appears on my lips as I see the ID of the person who sent it. Ah, finally you text me Yong-choding.

 

 

 

Yoona's POV

 

 

Where am I? Oh, this room seems familiar. Well, duh because it's my room. Im Yoona, babo. Where's my phone? I need to check what time it is. 5:45? Dang, I've been sleeping for an hour and a half now. I think I need to wake up and maybe grab a drink in the kitchen. I'll see what the other members are doing in the living room.. 

Uhh? Why's it so quiet? I see Seohyun on the couch all by herself as she's on her phone.

 

 

 

     "Seohyun-ah." Yoona calls out to the maknae.

 

 

 

     "Yeah?" Seohyun becomes startled and turns around as she thought Yoona was sleeping.

 

 

 

     "Where's the other members?" 

 

 

 

     "They all went to see their boyfriends, except Sooyoung, Hyoyeon, and Sunny unnies."

 

 

 

     "Ahh I see, I wish I had a boyfriend. What are you watching?" Yoona heads over to the couch and sits down.

 

 

 

     "A re-run of Gentleman's Dignity is airing so I decided to watch it, since nothing much is on. How come you didn't recognize this drama? This drama was so popular!"

 

 

 

     "Well, I've been busy lately with my drama so I couldn't watch it when it was airing." Yoona's eyes are fixed on Collin, aka Jonghyun as the drama keeps on playing.

 

 

 

     "For me, I decided to watch it because Yonghwa kept on telling me to watch it to support , Jonghyun, who apparently you have the hugest crush on. You sure do have a lot of interest in Jonghyun don't you?" Seohyun says as she watches Yoona staring intently at Jonghyun on screen.

 

 

 

     "W-what?" Yoona becomes embarrassed as she realizes that she's been staring at Jonghyun for the longest time ever. "I just find him to be good looking. Can't help but to stare." Yoona lightly laughs.

 

 

 

     "Oh, you just reminded me. Yong texted me we should have a dinner at CNBLUE's dorm. We should wake up the other members and tell them we have to get ready by 6:45 and get there at 7."

 

 

 

Yoona is in a surprised and confused state as Seohyun first heads to Hyoyeon's room to wake her up, along with the other members. After a short period of time, Yoona heads over to Sunny's room because Seohyun already has woken up Hyoyeon and is in the middle of waking up Sooyoung.

 

 

 

As Hyoyeon drives the car, Sunny is happily texting her longtime friend, Sungmin of Super Junior, while Sooyoung is sleeping again. Meanwhile, Seohyun can't be seen in the back of the car because she's hidden behind all the things she brought for CNBLUE, mostly for their leader. Yoona on the other hand, hasn't said a word for a long time as she continues to think about Lee Jonghyun. "I guess it's a good thing that I'll be meeting him tonight. But, how will I explain to him why I haven't texted him yet? Instead of clearing our misunderstanding, there's even going to be more misunderstandings because of my stupid mistake! I hope he gives me a chance to explain. But he never gave me a chance to explain about the incident two years ago. Why should he give me one today? We were on our way to becoming friends. Stupid, stupid, stupid Im Yoona!"

 

 

 

While Yoona has these thoughts in her mind, they arrive at CNBLUE's dorm. It didn't take a long time because SM and FNC have their buildings near each other, which means SNSD and CNBLUE's dorms aren't that far from each other. Yoona is still thinking about Jonghyun as the other 4 members head out and grab the bags that they'll deliver to CNBLUE. Since Yoona is the last to come out of the car, she only gets one bag, since that is the only bag that is left because everyone else took two bags. As they are in front of the dorm's door, Yoona is forced to press the doorbell since she only has one bag. As she waits in front of the door with the 4 other members behind her, dying from the weight of the bags, the door opens. She didn't expect Jonghyun to be the person opening the door, and Jonghyun didn't expect Yoona to be the one in front of the door. Jonghyun is just mesmerized by her beauty. "I've never seen your beautiful face up close and now that I have, no wonder all the male idols fall for you. You're the first girl to ever make me blush…" 

 

 

 

 

 

The two maintain eye contact with one another for about 3 seconds before the girls yell at Yoona to enter as they are dying in the back with their bags. As the staring contest is suddenly ended, all 5 of the SNSD members enter the dorm that is clean from the efforts of Jungshin and Minhyuk. As Seohyun runs into the kitchen to see her boyfriend, Jonghyun heads over to Minhyuk's room to hide his red face. This leaves Sooyoung, Hyoyeon, Sunny, and Yoona all alone as they sit on the couch. They lower the volume of the TV so they can talk among themselves.

 

 

 

     "The way Jonghyun looked at you when you guys were in a staring contest at the door…. oh man those were the eyes of a man who is madly in love with you." Sooyoung can't help to say.

 

 

 

     "And how do you know he likes me?"

 

 

 

     "Sooyoung's an expert on guys, hahahah." Hyoyeon teases.

 

 

 

As Sooyoung playfully tries to get revenge on Hyoyeon by tickling her, Yoona is in her own little world. "His eyes grabbed my attention as soon as I saw his face up close. His stare seemed to melt me down slowly. He has such charismatic eyes. No wonder his fans call him Burning. His eyes did exactly just that as we stared into each other's eyes.…."

 

 

 

     "WAKE UP IM YOONA." Yoona doesn't even know who yelled at her, since she's still in her own world.

 

 

 

     "W-what?"

 

 

 

     "Geez, you were spacing out for a while Yoona. Still thinking about him? kekeke" Sunny adds to the teasing.

 

 

 

     "N-noo. It's not like that."

 

 

 

     "Well your head might say that, but your face seems to say something else. You're as red as a tomato!" analyzes Sooyoung

 

 

 

All of a sudden, Yonghwa and Seohyun walk in.

 

 

 

     "Unnie, what happened here?"

 

 

 

However, before the girls can even respond, Yonghwa says, "Hello ladies, nice to meet you guys again! Umm, if you guys wish you can tour around our new dorm, since only Seohyunnie has seen it. And while you guys tour, make sure to visit the bathroom and wash your hands. I have dinner all set up!"

 

 

 

     "Alright, thank you." the four girls say.

 

 

 

 

 

Yoona along with Sunny, Sooyoung, and Hyoyeon started to tour the dorm. Sooyoung makes her way to the bathroom to quickly wash her hands and goes to the dining room, ready to eat everything that's on the table. Hyoyeon heads over to the practice room and starts to play with the instruments, not knowing what she's doing. But she's having fun just randomly making sounds. Sunny walks over to the kitchen where Yonghwa and Seohyun are at, but Sunny soon leaves them so they can have their moment together. She follows Yoona who is heading toward to see the rooms of each member. Yoona first goes to Jungshin's room, but finds it rather boring and goes to Yonghwa's room which is right next to Jungshin's. After visiting Yonghwa's room, she heads to the room that has a poster of a guitar on the door. "This must be his room," Yoona thinks to herself. 

 

 

 

For some reason, Yoona finds Jonghyun's room much more interesting than the other two members, probably because she already knows a lot about the other members, but she's not close to Jonghyun, so she doesn't know much about him. Anyways, Yoona is just staring at the wall that only has pictures of guitars, as well as the promotional poster of 'A Gentleman's Dignity' and a poster of Eric Clapton, Jonghyun's idol. Meanwhile in this time, Sunny catches up on the tour and is soon in Jonghyun's room as well. Both are done touring the rooms except Minhyuk's room, which is occupied by the  three boys that are are inside. As Yoona and Sunny walk past the door of Minhyuk's room, Jonghyun suddenly opens the door and the door hits Yoona right on her head. Yoona stumbles for a bit before falling down. This allowed Jonghyun to have enough time to react and catch her.

 

 

 

     "Yoona!" Sunny screams.

 

 

 

     "Don't worry about her noona, Jonghyun hyung will take good care of her." Jungshin reassures her as Minhyuk guides her to the dining room. They do this on purpose so the two can spend time together, since they just recently found out that Jonghyun has a crush on Yoona.

 

 

 

Sunny looks at Jungshin and Minhyuk who are exchanging eye contact with one another and she soon remembers about the conversation on the couch a few minutes ago. She decides to let the two have their moment. "Please take good care of her!" Sunny says to Jonghyun, leaving him in a confused state. Jungshin, Minhyuk, and Sunny walk towards the dining room and away from Yoona and Jonghyun. He stays in this confused state for a little while before realizing that Yoona is still in his arms, groaning in pain. 

 

 

 

     "Sorry, I really didn't mean to that!" Jonghyun starts panicking because he doesn't know what to say to make Yoona feel better.

 

 

 

     "No no, it's alright. It's not like I have a bump on my head." Yoona says as she rubs her head. 

 

 

 

     "Don't rub your head! And you do have a bump on your head. Here, come to the bathroom to see it." Jonghyun says to Yoona as he grabs her arms so that she stops rubbing her head. He then drags her to the bathroom. "I think I'm going crazy right now. My head still hurts from hitting the door. But I don't think I'm that crazy to realize that Jonghyun is being nice to me. For two years you've been a total jerk to me, and now you actually care about me? Ugh, you're so mysterious Lee Jonghyun! Something about you is different from the rest..."