How It All Happened

A Reality That's Better than a Dream

After about half an hour, Minhyuk and Jungshin returned to the dorm, each with 2 bags in their hands. 

 

 

 

     "What took you guys so long?"

 

 

 

     "Sorry Yonghwa hyung, we haven't been out shopping for ingredients in quite a while. We didn't know what to buy. We're guys after all." Minhyuk says as he hands the bags over to Yonghwa, as Jungshin just drops his to the floor in the kitchen. "Hey, what's up with Jonghyun hyung?" Minhyuk scratches the back of his head as walks through the dining room, and makes his way toward the living room. Jungshin is just staring at Jonghyun, trying to figure out what is wrong with his hyung. Yonghwa, who heard Minhyuk, follows them as well.

 

 

 

     "Uhh… hyung" Jungshin says in a low voice. "Are you okay?"

 

 

 

     "W-what?" Jonghyun's eyes become bigger as he realizes that everyone is in front of him. "What happened?"

 

 

 

     "What were you thinking about?" Jungshin replies back with a question.

 

 

 

     "What's wrong hyung? You've been really silent ever since we came back. Is there something that we did to bother you?" Minhyuk suddenly barges in the conversation.

 

 

 

     "What? Nah, it's nothing like that. I-I was just thinking of someone.."

 

 

 

     Yonghwa couldn't control his curiosity. "Is it who I think it is?"

 

 

 

Jonghyun just sits there silently and nods his head.

 

 

   

     "See, that's why I wasn't going to tell you that Hyun and a few of her sisters are coming. The other side of you that worries too much is appearing now."

 

 

 

     "What's the secret between you guys?" asks the maknae.

 

 

 

     "Yeah, tell us! We are brothers after all." Minhyuk adds to the pressure.

 

 

 

     "Jong.." Yonghwa becomes guilty after revealing too much.

 

 

 

     "Go ahead, tell them. I'll just go to my room and rest for a while."

 

 

 

Flashback

 

 

Mid 2012

 

 

Yonghwa's POV

 

 

"Ahhhh, home sweet home." When I left the dorm, Jungshin was already off to a schedule. I think Minhyuk has a schedule as well. Well that explains why the dorm is so quiet now. But where's Jonghyun? I place all my things down and walk towards his room. Hmm.. his door is open. I guess I'll enter his room. "Where in the world is he?" I mumbled. The first thing I notice when I walk into his room is his laptop on his bed, with the screen still bright. "That means he hasn't been gone for long" I think out loud. Well, let's just check out what he's been looking at.

 

 

 

On his home screen is a picture of a guitar and on the bottom of the screen is a window that has been minimized. I open the window and I see pictures of SNSD at the airport. At first I noticed my lovely Hyun in an oversized sweater and blue jeans. "My, oh my is she gorgeous." I couldn't help to say out loud. But then I regain my senses and start to wonder why Jonghyun would be looking up pictures of SNSD. Does he have a crush on one of them? If it's Seohyun, I'm going to be one mad person. It better not be Seohyun. So then I typed in Seohyun's name in the search bar of Jonghyun's recent history. Nope, nothing there. I sighed in relief because I knew that my Hyun isn't being chased after by another guy. But then again who does Jonghyun like in SNSD? I continued to type in the names of the other 7 members, except Seohyun who I checked earlier, and Yoona. I knew of Yoona's bad relationship with Jonghyun so I thought it would never be her that Jonghyun liked. At this point, I gave up my thought that Jonghyun liked someone in SNSD because there was nothing that came up in the history tab when I searched the names of the members. 

 

 

 

I typed Yoona's name just to make sure, and to my surprise, when I typed in 'Yoona', the whole computer started to lag because of all the results that came out. Making me even more surprised is when Jonghyun suddenly came out of the bathroom. Then, I started grinning and started to by saying, "Oh boy, you are a busted man."

 

 

 

Jonghyun: Why what'd I do?

 

 

 

Yonghwa: Seems like our burning guitarist is falling in loveeeeeeee

 

 

 

Jonghyun: What do you mean? Psh, when would I have time to fall in love, especially in our busy schedule?

 

 

 

Yonghwa: Well, how do you explain the 14 pages that came up when I searched name 'Yoona' up in your history bar? I thought you two hated each other.

 

 

 

Jonghyun: What? W-why w-would you d-d-o such a thing?

 

 

 

Yonghwa: Oh my, our burning is stuttering. What a sight.

 

 

 

Jonghyun: Why did you come in my room?

 

 

 

Yonghwa: Your door was open.

 

 

 

Jonghyun: Why'd you use my laptop?

 

 

 

Yonghwa: Well it was on. Didn't know that there would be 14 pages of Yoona there.

 

 

 

Jonghyun: Psh, you probably have 100 pages of Seohyun.

 

 

 

Yonghwa: Yah, stop changing the subject.

 

 

 

Jonghyun: Oh, what was our subject?

 

 

 

Yonghwa: Stop playing this game with me.  Now tell me the whole story between you and Yoona.

 

 

 

Jonghyun: Remember a few years back when you and I were in the waiting room at SBS and how SNSD was in the same building? You were begging to go to SNSD's room after you found out that you were going to be partnered with Seohyun for WGM. At that time we were just rookies so we were all afraid to go to SNSD's room since they are our seniors. But I decided to tag along with you since the maknaes wouldn't. So both of us go into their waiting room and we both try our best to get along with the members, since they are our sister-in-laws after all. And as you try to get closer to Seohyun, I try to get closer to Yoona since she was alone. Everyone else was getting their hair done, or talking to their manager, or putting on their mics and stuff. I tried introducing myself to Yoona, but then she looked at me for a half-second before just walking straight past me while walking out the door. At that point I just thought that she was in a bad mood but then as soon as she walks out, a big smile appears on her face as Donghae hyung appears and the two walk hand-in-hand down the hallway.

 

 

 

Yonghwa: No wonder you seemed a bit weird that day. Why didn't you tell me? I could have helped you out if you had told me. Oh and if you guys hate each other, why are there 14 pages of Yoona in your history?

 

 

 

Jonghyun: I've liked her ever since we debuted but I gave up on her since that one meeting. Whenever she appears in my mind, it just made me mad because I knew I would have no chance with her. And besides, ever since that incident I thought she didn't like me so I tried making her taste her own medicine and I started acting cold around her. Part of the reason was to get revenge and the other part was so that I don't fall in love with her ever again. 

 

 

 

Yonghwa: And obviously the second part didn't work.

 

 

 

Jonghyun: My head keeps telling me that I should get over her, but my heart just won't allow that to happen.  

 

 

 

Yonghwa: Should we tell Jungshin and Minhyuk about this? I think they should know as well.

 

 

 

Jonghyun: I'd rather just keep it a secret between us two.

 

 

 

Yonghwa: They're going to know eventually..

 

 

 

Jonghyun: Yeah they'll know sooner or later, but not now alright? 

 

 

 

Yonghwa nods his head and leaves the room.

 

 

 

     "SNSD YOONA? WOW I WAS HER BIGGEST FAN EVEN BEFORE DEBUT! I TOTALLY KNOW WHY YOU LIKE HER! SHE'S SO PERFECT!" Jungshin starts jumping up and down. Yonghwa only tells the story of Jonghyun liking Yoona and not the part about the "incident" 2 years back. That explains the not-so-serious mood of Jungshin.

 

 

 

     "WOW SINCE WHEN DID OUR GUITARIST START LIKING GIRLS? IS THIS REAL LIFE?" Minhyuk says as his jaw is dropping.

 

 

 

     "BUT WAIT, I THOUGHT HE HATED YOONA!" Jungshin screams some more. 

 

 

 

     "Can you guys shut up so I can sleep?" Jonghyun walks over to the living room as he hears the two screaming.

 

 

 

     "Alright alright. Sorry we were just shocked that you finally found your woman. We all thought you were gay haha." Jungshin starts teasing his hyung.

 

 

 

     "Whatever, I'm going back to my room." Jonghyun then rubs his eyes and starts walking back.

 

 

 

About 30 minutes have past. Yonghwa is cooking. Instead of sleeping, Jonghyun is pacing around his room. And Jungshin and Minhyuk are organizing and cleaning everything in the house.

 

 

 

     "Yes! Finally, I'm done cooking. HEY JONGHYUN IF YOU'RE AWAKE COME TO THE DINING ROOM AND TASTE THE WONDERFUL SOUP I MADE!"

 

 

 

     "Coming!" 

 

 

 

     "I guess it's our time to relax. Let's go play some games on our phones for a while, Jungshin-ah." Minhyuk grabs Jungshin and drags him to his room.

 

 

 

     "Sure! You're going to lose!"

 

 

 

Ding-dong! While Jonghyun was drinking the soup, the doorbell suddenly rang. 

 

 

 

     "Jonghyun, get the door!" Yonghwa says as he brings over the soup to the table.

 

 

 

     "I can't. You!"

 

 

 

     "I'm moving the food to the table. You!"

 

 

 

     "You should open the door for your girlfriend hyung!"

 

 

 

Ding-dong! Ding-dong! The doorbell kept on ringing.

 

 

 

     "JUST OPEN THE DOOR!"

 

 

 

     "Fine.." Jonghyun gives up and heads toward the door.