Epilogue

A Reality That's Better than a Dream

Another tiring and boring day passed by for Lee Jonghyun. Minhyuk had gone to film 'Heirs', and Yonghwa had gone to film 'Marry Him If You Dare'. But hey, at least Jungshin is still in the house. If he had to choose one person from CNBLUE to cheer him up on a boring day, it would be Jungshin. But when Jungshin opened his mouth, his words did the exact opposite.

 

 

 

"Yoona and Lee Bum Soo cast in 'Prime Minister and I'." Jungshin mumbled. "How do you feel about this, hyung?"

 

 

 

Jonghyun's eyes widened in shock, but other than that, he didn't provide much of a reaction. He just shook his head in disgust.

 

 

 

"What's wrong hyung? Are you worried that they might have kiss scenes and stuff? Don't worry hyung. Their age difference is too big anyways." Jungshin consoled.

 

 

 

"I'm fine with her having kiss scenes and such…" Jonghyun said.

 

 

 

"You sure?" Jungshin asked in disbelief.

 

 

 

"Well, I might be a bit jealous." Jonghyun chuckled, but soon went back to being in a serious mode. "Why didn't she tell me that she was going to be in a drama?"

 

 

 

Jungshin exhaled a heavy sigh. He now knew why Jonghyun was so bothered over their casting.

 

 

 

"Why didn't she tell me first?" Jonghyun asked again.

 

 

 

Jungshin didn't say a word since he didn't know how to answer the question.

 

 

 

"Kind of disappointing to find out this sorta news from you, and not from her." Jonghyun said.

 

 

 

When he got up off the couch to get a drink of water, his phone slipped out of his pocket. This phone of his started to buzz about 20 seconds after Jonghyun got off the couch. Naturally, Jungshin grabbed the phone and checked the caller ID. Upon seeing who called, he decided that he shouldn't be the one answering the call. Thus, he ran over to where Jonghyun was and handed him his phone.

 

 

 

"Hello?" Jonghyun asked before even checking the caller ID.

 

 

 

"Oh, my Jonghyunnie sounds so tired!" Yoona exclaimed.

 

 

 

"The connection……….is……….kinda………bad…… so….. I……." Jonghyun said as he hung up.

 

 

 

Jungshin, who stood there watching Jonghyun, laughed in amazement.

 

 

 

"Did you seriou-"

 

 

 

"Yes. I seriously just did that." Jonghyun said as he walked right past Jungshin.

 

 

 

"Why?" Jungshin asked as he followed him.

 

 

 

"I still need to plan out what to say to her." Jonghyun said as he plopped down on the couch.

 

 

 

"The Jonghyun I know would have directly asked her…" Jungshin said as he plopped down on the couch as well.

 

 

 

Just then, Jonghyun's phone began to buzz again. Jonghyun and Jungshin stared at each other as the ringtone continued to play, before Jonghyun decide that he would answer the call.

 

 

 

"Hello?" 

 

 

 

"Oh? The connection works fine now!" Yoona said.

 

 

 

"Yeah. Thank goodness."

 

 

 

"So how was-" Yoona managed to say before she was cut off by Jonghyun.

 

 

 

"I hope your drama becomes a bit hit." he sarcastically said.

 

 

 

Jungshin smiled after what his hyung said. Now THIS was the Jonghyun he knew. Bold and direct.

 

 

 

However Yoona gave a somewhat different response than what he imagined.

 

 

 

"Thanks! You know what, I reviewed the casting offer they gave me for about a week. I was supposed to keep it a secret, but somehow everyone found out the day after. But eventually I did accept it, and SM was going to release an official statement, but of course, everyone soon found out that I got casted somehow."

 

 

 

"I was disappointed that I found out the news that you were to be casted from Jungshin, and not from you."

 

 

 

"I just got done from the meeting and the first thing I did was call you…" Yoona argued back.

 

 

 

"Oh." Jonghyun said, feeling guilty.

 

 

 

"You're upset, aren't you?" Yoona asked after she heard his short response.

 

 

 

"No. Not anymore. I'm sorry that I misunderstood you."

 

 

 

"Oppa." she suddenly said.

 

 

 

"Hmm?"

 

 

 

"Are you sure you're not upset?" Yoona asked, clearly teasing him.

 

 

 

"Hmmmm. Maybe." Jonghyun played along. "I'll be upset if you fall in love with-"

 

 

 

"But I already did. I saw Lee Bum Soo sunbaenim today and he's pretty handsome for a guy in his forties." she said, teasing him once more.

 

 

 

"Trying to make me jealous I see…. Fine. I'll admit it. I'm jealous that I'm not the lead role in your drama. But I'm not going down alone. I'm going to make you jealous as well."

 

 

 

"Fine. Bring it." Yoona said as she laughed out loud.

 

 

 

"Oh. Just you wait Im Yoona." Jonghyun said as he laughed as well.

 

 

 

"Alright. I'll look forward to it. Anyways, I have to go. Love you!" 

 

 

 

Yoona hung up before Jonghyun could even respond back.

 

 

 

"So, I guess the conflict is resolved." Jungshin said. 

 

 

 

"Yeah. But I'm going to get revenge on her for making me feel jealous."

 

 

 

Jugnshin nodded his head.

 

 

 

"Hey, where are you going?"

 

 

 

"FNC building." Jonghyun said as he put on a thin jacket.

 

 

 

"What for?"

 

 

 

Instead of answering, Jonghyun just shrugged as he walked out the door, leaving poor Jungshin alone, again.

 

 

 

_____________________________________________________________________

 

 

 

 

"Junhee-ah!" Jonghyun yelled, his voice echoing around the FNC building.

 

 

 

"Oppa? What are you doing here?" Junhee, also known as Juniel, said as she spotted Jonghyun walking towards her.

 

 

 

"I have to talk to the boss for a second. Can you come with me? I need you to come with me as well." 

 

 

 

"Uh. Sure." Juniel said quite awkwardly as she followed him.

 

 

 

The two continued walking for a while before they stopped at Mr. Han Seung Ho's office. Jonghyun knocked on the door, but soon opened the door when he heard Mr. Han say, "Come in!"

 

 

 

"Oh? What are you two doing here?" Mr. Han said as he motioned for the pair to sit on the sofa in front of his desk.

 

 

 

"I want to release a song with Junhee." 

 

 

 

Jonghyun noticed Juniel and Mr. Han giving him weird stares.

 

 

 

"I've been very lonely in the dorm for some time now. Minhyuk and Yonghwa are never home. Jungshin goes off to who knows where without even telling me. It's been a lonely couple of weeks Mr. Han." he explained.

 

 

 

Mr. Han laughed at how pitiful he looked.

 

 

 

"Ah. I see. But why bring Junhee into this?"

 

 

 

"I was thinking that the two of us could promote a song suited for the holidays. Christmas is right around the corner and releasing a cheerful and romantic song would be pretty awesome, wouldn't it?"

 

 

 

"A romantic song?"

 

 

 

"Yeah. The last time I sang a slow and romantic-ish love song, you know what happened Mr. Han." Jonghyun said, implying to his boss that his last single, 'My Love' was a hit.

 

 

 

"So an innocent Christmas love song…. any ideas you want the song to be about?" Mr. Han asked.

 

 

 

"Maybe kind of like a song about a couple spending their first Christmas together. Something kind of like that." Jonghyun suggested.

 

 

 

"I like oppa's idea a lot. I'll take care of the lyrics and oppa can take care of the song producing. Is that okay with you, Mr. Han? And besides, I've been lonely these days too." Juniel said with a pout.

 

 

 

"Alright fine then. If you guys really want to do this, I expect that you guys will take care of everything yourselves, right?"

 

 

 

Jonghyun and Juniel nodded.

 

 

 

"Do we get to film a music video?" Juniel asked.

 

 

 

"Maybe. We'll see. Just focus on producing the song first."

 

 

 

"We'll work on it. Thank you!" Jonghyun said as he bowed.

 

 

 

Juniel also displayed her gratitude and bowed as well.

 

 

 

As the two walked out the door, Jonghyun started smiling to himself like an idiot. After all, step one on getting revenge on his girlfriend was just completed! Promoting a song with another girl.... especially if that song was a romantic concept... wow, just imagine Yoona's face once she hears the news. 

 

 

 

 

_____________________________________________________________________

 

 

 

 

 

Producing songs don't happen overnight. For weeks, Jonghyun stayed up all-night trying to produce the song. As for Juniel, she struggled to find her inspiration for her lyrics. In her free time, she watched Christmas movies to make her job as a lyricist much more easier. But still, being the talented people that they are, they managed to produce their song. Mr. Han gave them a thumbs up once he heard the demo track.

 

 

 

After Jonghyun and Juniel's worked hard to produce their song, it was now Mr. Han and his staff's time to work hard. They needed to produce the album, come up with the name that Jonghyun and Juneil will promote as, make the music video, and etc. They were aiming at a release before Christmas.

 

 

 

Because of their hard work, they were ready to release the song on December 9, about two weeks before Christmas.

 

 

 

 

 

"Yoona-yah!" Yuri screamed at Yoona.

 

 

"What do you want?" Yoona mumbled as she rolled around in her bed.

 

 

Yuri lifted the blanket off of Yoona.

 

 

 

"CNBLUE's Lee Jonghyun and Juniel to promote as 'Romantic J' for the holidays. The two will release "Love Falls" on December 9. Also, their agency, FNC Entertainment said that there will be a kiss scene in the music video in order to build anticipation."

 

 

 

"WHAT?" Yoona said as she couldn't believe what Yuri just said.

 

 

 

"Just reading the article..." Yuri said quietly.

 

 

 

Yoona suddenly remembered something and then smiled to herself before she went back to bed.

 

 

 

"Why are you smiling like that? Especially after what I just said....Such a weirdo Im Yoona." Yuri said as she rolled her eyes.

 

 

 

 

To: Jonghyunnie<3

 

 

Trying to make me jealous I see...

 

 

 

From: Jonghyunnie<3

 

 

Maybe...

 

 

 

To: Jonghyunnie<3

 

 

Hehe. Fine. We'll see who's going to be the jealous one tomorrow.

 

 

 

From: Jonghyunnie<3

 

 

Why? What's going to happen tomorrow? Tomorrow should be my day to make you jealous... The music video is going to be released tomorrow.

 

 

 

To: Jonghyunnie<3

 

 

Well I'm not going to watch it. I don't want to lose just yet. :P

 

 

 

 

_____________________________________________________________________

 
 
 
 
"Still cuts of Yoona's and Lee Bum Soo's kiss scene revealed." Jungshin mumbled.
 
 
"I heard you." 
 
 
Jungshin looked up and saw Jonghyun staring at him so he stared back down at his phone awkwardly.
 
 
"Why do you always have to give me the bad news?" Jonghyun asked
 
 
"Sorry... I just thought you should know."
 
 
Jonghyun shook his head in frustration before pulling out his phone.
 
 
To: Yoongie<3
 
 
Are you going to visit the KBS building on the 13th?
 
 
 
From: Yoongie<3
 
 
Yeah. How do you know my schedule?
 
 
 
To: Yoongie<3
 
 
Well I figured you would be at the KBS building since your drama is a KBS drama. Anyways, nevermind. Just asking.
 
 
 
 
_____________________________________________________________________
 
 
 
 
 
 
"Why are you here?" Yoona asked once she spotted Jonghyun in the KBS building.
 
 
Jonghyun turned around in surprise.
 
 
"I just finished recording for Music Bank with Junhee."
 
 
"Oh." she said.
 
 
"You didn't know that?" he asked.
 
 
"I purposely avoid the news. You know, so that I don't get jealous." Yoona said as she winked.
 
 
"Well, you're not going to purposely avoid me today. Because I have something to show you."
 
 
"What is it?" Yoona asked in anticipation.
 
 
"Just meet me in the cafeteria when you're done."
 
 
"But I'm done with my meeting already."
 
 
"Oh, really? What was the meeting about?"
 
 
"I just talked to the producers about my upcoming schedules so that they know when I can film."
 
 
"Ah, I see. Let's go to the cafeteria then." Jonghyun said as he intertwined their fingers.
 
 
After they walked into the KBS cafeteria, they sat down at a table. Jonghyun pulled out his phone and played the MV for 'Love Falls'. He hugged Yoona tight so that she couldn't leave. But it wasn't like she was going to leave anyway. She had something to show him that would beat out the scene where Juniel backhugged him and even the scene where Jonghyun kissed her forehead.
 
 
"At least you didn't kiss her lips." Yoona said once the video ended. "But as for me..." she said while she pulled out her phone.
 
 
Jonghyun remained speechless as he saw the photo on Yoona's phone. "So this is what Jungshin talked about..."
 
 
"How does it feel kissing a 40 year old guy? On the lips I might add."
 
 
Yoona shrugged.
 
 
"I prefer your kisses." she admitted.
 
 
And that's when Jonghyun leaned in. Both of their eyes closed in sync before Jonghyun gave her a small kiss on the lips.
 
 
"I'll see you later. I didn't film the closing stage for Music Bank just yet."
 
 
"You only filmed your stage with Juniel?" she asked.
 
 
"Yeah. Of course. I left as soon as possible so that I could see you." he said.
 
 
Yoona smiled as Jonghyun got up from the chair. 
 
 
Jonghyun was walking when he felt a pair of hands around his stomach.
 
 
"My back hugs are better than Juniel's... aren't they?"
 
 
He turned around and kissed her forehead.
 
 
"No doubt." he said with a bright smile.
 
 

_____________________________________________________________________

 
 
 
And that's how their little game ends. (:

 

 

Once again I want to thank all the supporters of this story and I hope you support my new story as well. Thanks a lot everyone!