Concert

A Reality That's Better than a Dream

 

     "YAAAA LEE JONGHYUN WHERE DO YOU THINK YOU'RE GOING?" Yoona yells after she changes into new clothes. "Oppa, follow me." She grabs him into her room, not knowing that the other SNSD members are quietly following her.

 

 

 

     "Oppa, it's going to hurt so bear with me, okay?" Yoona says as she closes the door.

 

 

 

     "Yeah, alright." Jonghyun lies on Yoona's bed after this statement.

 

 

 

     "I'll be back okay? Don't you dare move from this bed or else I'll be mad!" Yoona says as she pouts cutely. She opens the door to leave the room, causing the members who had their ear to the door to fall down. "What happened?" she asks as she stares at the 8 other members in confusion. 

 

 

 

     "Nothing. We were just checking up on you two. Is everything alright? Do you need us to help take care of him?"

 

 

 

     "Shh, that's my job." Yoona winks at the members.

 

 

 

     "Eyyyyyyyyy!" the SNSD members tease quite loudly as they head back to the living room, prompting Yoona to signal for them to be quiet.

 

 

 

     Jonghyun gets up from the bed and walks over to the door. "Why, what happened here?" he asks.

 

 

 

     "Aish, I told you not to move! You know-" Yoona's mouth stops moving as Jonghyun places his index finger on her lips.

 

 

 

     "Shh, no need to get angry over this." Jonghyun chuckles as he removes his finger from her lips. "Sorry for moving from the bed; I'll head back now."

 

 

 

    "O-oh, u-uh, it's alright." Yoona stutters before heading to the kitchen to get something cold enough to apply on Jonghyun's cut and bruised face. "We don't have ice in this house, but we do have some cold vegetables. So I wrapped it around a towel. It's the best I could do really..., sorry."

 

 

 

    "No, no, it's fine Yoona. Don't worry." A bright smile exposing his dimples appears, causing Yoona's heart to flutter for a moment. But she soon recovers and picks up the pain-relieving cream that she placed on a table next to the bed. 

 

 

 

    "Err, uh, do you want me to apply this on you?"

 

 

 

    "I wouldn't mind that." A smirk appears on his lips. However, his smirk disappears as Yoona inches closer to his face, with cream on her finger.

 

 

 

    "Why are you moving back? Hold still, you wanted me to apply the cream for you.."

 

 

 

     "Oh, nothing. Go on."

 

 

 

     "Okay then." Yoona then inches a bit closer again, but this time Jonghyun stayed still. Since she was concentrated on applying cream to his face, Yoona did not see Jonghyun staring at her angelic features up close. "You're so perfect Yoona. Not only are you perfect on the outside, but on the inside you're perfect as well. Even though you're hurt, you take care of me and you don't even complain."

 

 

 

     "There! Now that I applied the cream, your face won't hury anymore Jonghyunnie!" says the excited Yoona.

 

 

 

     "Thanks Yoona!" Jonghyun says as he ruffles her hair. "Want to come to our concert on December 15th in Seoul? Think of it as my thank you gift for taking care of me."

 

 

 

     "OF COURSE! I've always wanted to see you guys perform live! But first I have to check my schedule. Can I invite the other members?"

 

 

 

     "Sure, bring whoever has time." Jonghyun gets up from the bed and ruffles his hair after being flattened from lying on the pillow.

 

 

 

     "Alright oppa. Drive safe when you go home!" Yoona says with aegyo.

 

 

 

     "Aish, you cutie." Jonghyun says as he pinches her cheeks. To hide his blushing face, he quickly walks out her room and heads toward the door.

 

 

 

 

 

All the members stood up to thank him one last time for saving Yoona and to say goodbye.

 

 

 

 

 

     "Wait oppa!" Yoona says as he opens to door, ready to leave. 

 

 

 

     "Yeah?"

 

 

 

     "Your clothes!" she says as she hands him his jacket and shirt while staring at him with her doe eyes.

 

 

 

     Jonghyun can't help to smile because of her cuteness. "Thanks."

 

 

 

     "Take care!" she says once more before he leaves.

 

 

 

     "No, YOU take care. Make sure you tell me when you ever head out alone; it's not safe." Jonghyun says as he takes a quick peek at the smiling Taeyeon. "Don't ever let me see you hurt again or else I'm going to be mad!" Jonghyun teases and gives her his dimple smile before he leaves for good.

 

 

 

     "IM YOONA!" yells most of the members as Yoona quickly runs into her room, to avoid the teasing.

 

 

 

 

 

Yoona locks her room and lies on her bed that still had the scent of Jonghyun. She closes her eyes for a moment, thinking about everything that happened today. Since she's alone, the thoughts about the three men abusing her in the dark alley start to come up. She quickly tries her best to get rid of these negative thoughts and starts to think about the man that saved her. "I was so scared after that incident in that dark alley, but somehow you comforted me…I felt so safe around you… Something about you is different. Aish Lee Jonghyun.. it's only been a short period of time and I already miss you. I'm falling for you Lee Jonghyun, I really am. But I wonder if the feeling is mutual…"

 

 

 

 

 

The next day, Jonghyun wakes up to the sound of the TV. He's irritated because he wants to sleep, and the last thing he wants happening is to have his sleep ruined.

 

 

 

 

 

     "Aish, can you guys turn down the sound of the TV?" Jonghyun says in an irritated fashion.

 

 

 

     "GOOD MORNING HYUNG!" the young drummer enthusiastically says.

 

 

 

     "HYUNG, YOU'RE BACK! But what happened to your face?" says Jungshin as Yonghwa gives Jonghyun a hug.

 

 

 

     "Just ask hyungsoonim. I'm too tired to tell the story."

 

 

 

     "Which one?" asks Minhyuk.

 

 

 

     "What do you mean which one?"

 

 

 

     "Yoona noona or Seohyun noona?" Minhyuk continues.

 

 

 

     "Seohyun of course, why would it-" Jonghyun finally realizes where the other members are getting at. "Aish, Yoona and I are just friends."

 

 

 

     "Alright fine I'll ask Hyun." Yonghwa says.

 

 

 

     "Make sure to tell me too when hyungsoonim tells you!" 

 

 

 

     "Me too!" Minhyuk joins in.

 

 

 

     "You guys are so nosy.." says Jonghyun as the CNBLUE members are getting ready to head out to go check out the stadium that they're going to be performing at in two weeks.

 

 

 

 

 

Minhyuk and Jungshin are playing games on their phones as usual and Yonghwa is texting his Hyun to learn about why Jonghyun has a few cuts on his face. Meanwhile Jonghyun is just watching the scenery outside the car, since he doesn't have anything else to do. He looks out the window and sees gray clouds everywhere, signaling that it's going to rain soon. He continues to stare at the gray sky before his phone vibrates in his pocket. 

 

 

 

 

From: Babo Yoona

 

Help me oppa!

 

 

 

To: Babo Yoona

 

Why? What happened? Are you hurt again?

 

 

 

From: Babo Yoona

 

I'm dying of boredom…

 

 

 

To: Babo Yoona

 

Eyy, Im Yoona you had me worried again. I'm bored too. This car ride is so boring.

 

 

 

From: Babo Yoona

 

Why, where are you going?

 

 

 

To: Babo Yoona

 

SK Olympic Gymnasium in Seoul. That's where we're performing for Blue Night.

 

 

 

From: Babo Yoona

 

Ahh, you must be busy then. I'll talk to you later I guess. I have to go back on set for my CF. Anyways, see ya!

 

 

 

To: Babo Yoona

 

Good luck!

 

 

 

 

 

Jonghyun stares outside the window again after the text conversation, until they arrive at the stadium. As CNBLUE enters the back of the stadium, they start a conversation among themselves.

 

 

 

     "How many people are you guys going to bring?" the leader asks.

 

 

 

     "Donghae hyung said he's going to visit the concert to support me. I think he's going to bring Eunhyuk hyung as well. And of course Kyuhyun hyung will come because of his Kyu-line member." responds Minhyuk.

 

 

 

     "Oh and I think AOA is coming to support us, as well as Juniel." the maknae says.

 

 

 

     "Are you going to bring the SNSD noonas?" the drummer asks. 

 

 

 

     "Well, Hyun said that Yoona, Tiffany, and Taeyeon can make it. Not sure about anyone else."

 

 

 

Jonghyun remains quiet throughout this whole conversation and just walks along with the other members. "I'm glad that Yoona will come to the concert, but I'm kind of worried because Donghae hyung will come too…" His thoughts are interrupted by Jungshin.

 

 

 

     "Wooooow, the stage is so big! Can't wait to perform here!"

 

 

 

And with that, the members arrive at the stage and begin their first day of practicing for the concert.

 

 

 

 

----------

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

     "HYUNG WAKE UP!"

 

 

 

     "W-w-what?" Jonghyun mutters.

 

 

 

     "It's the day of our concert!"

 

 

 

     He then rubs his eyes and opens them, only to see Jungshin standing next to him. "Alright Jungshin-ah, you can leave now." he says as he slowly walks toward the bathroom.

 

 

 

 

----------

 

 

 

 

 

After some last minute practicing, the CNBLUE members return backstage and rest for a while. Meanwhile, all the backstage people are working like crazy, making sure that the concert will go well. The impatient Jonghyun glances at the clock once every few seconds, waiting for it to strike 6 o'clock.

 

 

 

     "When will our concert begin already? This waiting is making me crazy! I want to go out on the stage on perform for all my fans………., and Yoona…" "Hyung does my hair look fine?"

 

 

 

     "Nothing's wrong with it. Why did you ask?"

 

 

 

     "I just wanted to know." Jonghyun says as he stares at his clothing. "Did I dress too plain today? It's just an orange shirt and some jeans…" 

 

 

 

     "MAKE YOUR WAY BACKSTAGE PLEASE!" says a person with a deep voice.

 

 

 

     "It's your time to shine guys. Go out there and have some fun!" the manager says while he groups up the members.

 

 

 

     "1,2,3, DA-JUK-JA!" 

 

 

 

 

CNBLUE yells their pre-stage chant before they head out. The members then make their cool entrance onto the stage and are welcomed with screams and cheers from their fans. While the fans continue to make noise, "Hey You" starts playing, making the fans scream even more. CNBLUE delivers a great performance of "Hey You" and continue on, singing 10 of their songs, before it's time for Jonghyun's solo, "My Love". Jonghyun hands over his electric guitar to a staff member and while waiting for the staff member to return with an acoustic guitar, he heads over to Yonghwa.

 

 

 

 

     "Hyung, what are you looking at when you perform?"

 

 

 

     "What do you mean?"

 

 

 

     "Whenever I glance at you, you are always looking to the left. Why?"

 

 

 

     "Ahh, that's because Seohyun is there… Hey, turn around."

 

 

 

Jonghyun turns around and notices that the staff member is climbing up the stage to deliver his acoustic guitar. He receives it and then walks back to the area of the stage where his microphone is at. "If Seohyun is at the top left, then that means Yoona is there too." "Alright everyone, I'll be singing 'My Love'." While the fans cheer, Jonghyun looks over to the left and finds Yoona along with Seohyun, Taeyeon, Tiffany, Uee, Eunhyuk, Kyuhyun, and Donghae, in that order. "Thank goodness they're not near each other."  he says to himself as he starts singing.

 

 

창밖에 비가 내리면 감춰둔 기억이 내 맘을 적시고

Jangbakke biga naerimyeon gamjwodeul gieokgi nae mameul jeoksigo
When the rain falls out the window, the hidden memories drench my heart

잊은 알았던 사람 오히려 선명히 다시 떠올라
Ijeun jul alrassdeon saram ohiryeo seonmyeonghi ddo dasi ddeoolla

The person I thought I forgot clearly floats up in my head instead

내 사랑아 사랑아 그리운 나의 사랑아

Nae sarangah sarangah geuriun naeui sarangah
My love, my love, my love who I long for

목놓아 불러보지만 듣지도 못하는 사랑

moknoha bulleobojiman deutjido mothaneun sarang
My love, who I call out as loud as I can but can’t hear me

내 사랑아 사랑아 보고픈 나의 사랑아

Nae sarangah sarangah bogopeun naeui sarangah
My love, my love, my love that I miss

그대 이름만으로도 베인 듯 아픈 사랑아 내 사랑아

Geudae ireumaneurodo bein deut apeun sarangah nae sarangah
Just your name alone cuts me, my painful love, my love

창가에 어둠이 오면

Janggaye eodeumi omyeon
When the darkness comes out the window

숨겨 논 추억이 내 맘을 밝히네

sumgyeo non chueokgi nae mameul balkhine
The hidden memories light up my heart

내 사랑아 사랑아 그리운 나의 사랑아

Nae sarangah sarangah geuriun naeui sarangah
My love, my love, my love that I long for

목놓아 불러보지만 듣지도 못하는 사랑

moknoha bulleobojiman deutjido mothaneun sarang
My love, who I call out as loud as I can but can’t hear me

내 사랑아 사랑아 보고픈 나의 사랑아

Nae sarangah sarangah bogopeun naeui sarangah
My love, my love, my love who I miss

그대 이름만으로도 베인 듯 아픈 사랑아 내 사랑아

Geudae ireumaneurodo bein deut apeun sarangah nae sarangah
Just your name alone cuts me, my painful love, my love

우리 함께 웃음 지었던 순간

Uri hamkke useum jieotdeon sungan
The moments we laughed together

우리 함께 눈물 흘렸던 순간

uri hamkke nunmul heulryeotdeon sungan
The moments we shed tears together

이제 그만 보내지만

 ije geuman bonaejiman-
Now I let it go but-

내 사랑아 사랑아 고마운 나의 사랑아

Nae sarangah sarangah gomaun naeui sarangah
My love, my love,  love I am grateful for

내 전부 다 지운대도 가슴에 남겨질 사랑

nae jeonbu dasi undaedo gaseume namgyeojil sarang
My love, that stays even if I erase everything

내 사랑아 사랑아 소중한 나의 사랑아

Nae sarangah sarangah sojunghan naeui sarangah
My love, my love, my precious love

내 숨이 다 할 때까지 간직할 나의 사랑아 내 사랑아

nae sumi da hal ddaekaji ganjikhal naeui sarangah nae sarangah
I will cherish you until my breath runs out, my love, my love

 

 

"This is for you, Im Yoona. You don't know how much this song relates to me. Just listen to the chorus… Yoona, you are my love who I long for. You are my love whom I call out for, but you can't hear me. You are my love who I miss. Whenever I'm not with you, I miss you and I long for you, because whenever I'm with you, I'm always happy. Aish, I should do something about these feelings." he thinks to himself as the cheers are heard everywhere within the stadium.