Losing Hope

A Reality That's Better than a Dream

6:15 in CNBLUE's dorm

 

 

It is September 30, 2012, and CNBLUE is preparing for their comeback in November (they cameback in January, but since it's a fanfic, let's just pretend its November) with Yonghwa's self-composed track, "I'm Sorry". CNBLUE arrived at the studio at 7 in the morning and practiced without any breaks except to eat lunch. After practicing hard until 6 PM, their manager dropped them off at the dorm so that they could rest and prepare for another practice session the next day. Of course, since they are all tired and it is near dinner time, the CNBLUE boys are extremely hungry.

 

 

 

Jungshin: HYUUUNGGG! I'm so hungry I could probably eat all three of you in this room!

 

 

 

Minhyuk: Yah! You cannibal!

 

 

 

Jungshin: BUY SOME FOOD SOMEONE!

 

 

 

Jonghyun: Calm down Jungshin-ah...

 

 

 

Jungshin: Aren't you hungry…, like at all? Is it just me?

 

 

 

Minhyuk: Don't worry. You're not the only one. I've been starving ever since the end of practice, but this TV show is too good. I didn't want to miss a single second of it.

 

 

 

Yonghwa: Well now that it's over, why don't you go to the market near our dorm and buy some ingredients?

 

 

 

Jonghyun: Ingredients?

 

 

 

Yonghwa: Are you deaf?

 

 

 

Jonghyun: Why don't we just call for some delivery service? What are we going to do with ingredients? If we buy ingredients, that means we're going to cook. And we all know what happened the last time we tried to cook….

 

 

 

Jungshin: …. whatever…… MY COOKING SKILLS AREN'T THAT BAD. I THOUGHT IT WAS GOOD!

 

 

 

Minhyuk: *laughing* Whatever you say.

 

 

 

Yonghwa: Well my Seohyunnie taught me how to cook over the past year, so I'm pretty confident. So hurry up and someone go buy ingredients!

 

 

 

Jonghyun: And what about us? We can't cook to save our lives!

 

 

 

Yonghwa: Well I can, so hurry up and go to the market. I'm not since I'm going to be the main chef for tonight.

 

 

 

Minhyuk: Hyung..usually, we just cook ramen or order delivery…, why are you trying to cook today? You were complaining to manager about how tired you were, and now you want to cook?

 

 

 

Yonghwa: I wasn't going to tell you this, but IT'S BECAUSE MY HYUN AND HER SISTERS ARE COMING!

 

 

 

Jonghyun: !!!!!!

 

 

 

Jungshin: WHAT?

 

 

 

Minhyuk: Oh no….

 

 

 

Jungshin: Why weren't you going to tell us? Oh my goodness, we have 9 females coming to our dorm. We must clean! Ugh, but I'm too lazy to clean.. 

 

 

 

Yonghwa: Don't worry. Not all of SNSD is coming. Just whoever has free time. The reason I wasn't going to tell you guys is a pretty long story..*stares at Jonghyun* but whatever. Now that I blurted it out, let's hurry up and clean!

 

 

 

 

 

Because Jonghyun wanted to talk to Yonghwa in private, he suggested the idea that the two younger boys go to the market together and buy the necessary ingredients for the dinner, which the two boys agreed to.

 

 

 

While Jonghyun is helping Yonghwa put on his apron, he decides to ask the question that been in his mind ever since Yonghwa made the announcement that their sister in-laws are coming.

 

 

 

     "Is she coming? asks Jonghyun as he ties the knot to finish putting on the apron on Yonghwa. Yonghwa makes his way over to the kitchen.

 

 

 

     "Yeah, Seohyun told me that she doesn't have a schedule today."

 

 

 

Yonghwa starts to bring some chairs and adds them to their dining table, because of the SNSD members that will arrive for dinner. Meanwhile, Jonghyun makes his way over to the couch. He is in a deep thought. "Oh, man.. She's coming over to our dorm. The last time I met her was only 4 days ago when I went to the MBC building to appear as a guest on Radio Star. How am I supposed to talk to her after what had happened on that day?"

 

 

 

 

 

 

After receiving an invite to film for Radio Star, Jonghyun decided to accept it. Jonghyun always had this fear of not doing well on variety shows, since he is generally a guy without a lot of words. But he decided he needed to get over this fear. So first, Jonghyun accepted an offer to film for an episode of Radio Star. 

 

 

Jonghyun walked into the large MBC building only to hear conversations left and right. Jonghyun just stood there, not knowing what to do. The only places he knows in MBC are the waiting rooms for the music shows and the bathroom. "How am I supposed to get to where I am supposed to film for Radio Star? I wish Kyuhyun hyung is here to help me, but I don't even know where he is. How can he be so thoughtless? He should at least help me. Ugh, I guess I'll just walk around and ask someone." Jonghyun scratches his head as he walks around.

 

 

 

 

 

 

     "Well miss, that concludes our meeting. Thank you for considering our offer."

 

 

 

     "Thank you as well, PD-nim. I will go home and review all my offers before I make my final decision." Yoona shakes the director's hand and leaves the room. The reason why she is in the MBC building is because MBC offered her a role in one of their upcoming dramas. Although Yoona is leaning heavily toward accepting the role for Love Rain, she decided to go to MBC and talk to them just to see if they could change her mind. After talking to the producers for a while, she pretty much made up her mind that she was going to join the cast of Love Rain. So in the politest way possible, she excused herself from the meeting. As she walks out of the meeting room, her phone in her pocket starts buzzing. She grabs her phone out of her pocket as she walked toward the elevator. Yoona is a bit surprised at the ID of the person who sent the text message, but she unlocks her phone to read the text anyway.

 

 

 

From: Kyu oppa

Hey you're at MBC right? I heard you had a meeting or something. If you're still there can you text me back right away?

 

 

 

Yoona responds right away.

 

 

 

To: Kyu oppa

Yeah I just finished my meeting with the producers. What's the issue?

 

 

 

From: Kyu oppa

Alright good. You know Kyu line, right? Well one of my members, Jonghyun, is going to appear on Radio Star today. But he doesn't know the way around the MBC building very well. Can you help him out? Sorry for the weird request, but I have to meet up with the Radio Star PD so bye! Please help him!

 

 

 

She was going to reply, but decided not to because she knew it was going to be useless. It's not like she could say no to her oppa's request. Besides, Kyuhyun was probably in the meeting already. "Out of all the people that Kyuhyun oppa needs me to help, he chooses Lee Jonghyun…." As Yoona patiently waits as the elevator starts to go down, she furrows her eyebrows as she thinks about the mission that Kyuhyun wanted her to accomplish. "Does Kyuhyun even know about my situation with Jonghyun. He never seems to care about my presence and he always has a cold face on. What makes Kyuhyun oppa think that today Jonghyun will care about my presence and listen to me? Your mission to me is much easier said than done, oppa."

 

 

 

Ding-dong!

 

 

 

The elevator's door opened and as soon as Yoona walks out, she sees Jonghyun in the middle of nowhere with a face that has the word, 'LOST' written all over him. Yoona sees this and starts to slowly walk in the direction of Jonghyun.

 

 

 

     "Jonghyun-ssi" Yoona says his name loudly as she tries to grab the attention of Jonghyun. 

 

 

 

 

     "What?" Jonghyun replies bluntly, as he stares at Yoona. He starts wondering why she is talking to him, since this is only the second time they've ever talked face-to-face

 

 

 

     "I heard from Kyuhyun oppa that you are supposed to appear on Radio Star today." She awkwardly looks down at her shoes. Yoona doesn't want to face those burning eyes of his. 

 

 

 

     "Can you help me? I'm lost around here." Normally, Jonghyun would try to ignore Yoona or leave if he sees her anywhere, but today Jonghyun doesn't have a choice. "Beggars can't be choosers. She obviously knows the way around here and I guess I have to hope she helps me out."

 

 

 

     "Well that's what Kyuhyun oppa told me to do." Yoona stares into Jonghyun's eyes and notices that the intensity level of his eyes have dropped down significantly. 

 

 

 

     "Never would I imagine that there would be a day in which the great Im Yoona would help me out." Jonghyun says with a bit of sarcasm and a bit of seriousness in his tone. 

 

 

 

Although Yoona's going to help Jonghyun out anyway, she still has too much pride to admit she'd help a guy like Jonghyun out. "Who said I would listen to him and help you out?"

 

 

 

     "Sorry. Please help me. I thought you've hated me ever since I saw you in the waiting room, so I find it weird that you listened to Kyuhyun hyung and found me here." 

 

 

 

     "For two years I've waited for a chance to clear up our misunderstanding. Two years.., yet you never gave me a chance to explain." Yoona starts to stare at her shoes again.

 

 

 

     "I…. I… uh.. well, here's my number. We'll talk about this later." Jonghyun reaches down into his pocket and pulls out a small piece of paper.

 

 

 

     "Why did you come prepared with your number on a slip of paper?" Yoona is obviously surprised that Jonghyun would give her his number and at the same time wonders why he would have his number on a slip of paper in his pocket.

 

 

 

     "I wrote it beforehand because I was going to give it to the guests that were going to appear with me on Radio Star. Speaking of Radio Star, please help me get to their studios. I think I'm running late." Jonghyun start to panic as he checks the time on his watch.

 

 

 

     "Alright, follow me." 

 

 

 

After a while, Yoona leads him toward the Radio Star recording studio. The two of them got there pretty fast so there is still some time to spare.

 

 

 

     "Umm. Thanks a lot…. I promise I'll repay you back in some way or another" Now it's Jonghyun's turn to stare at his shoes as he awkwardly tries to thank her.

 

 

 

     "You're welcome." Yoona is silently laughing at Jonghyun's face. She's never seen this sort of face from him. She's so used to seeing Jonghyun with a cold, expressionless face whenever she's around him.

 

 

 

     "Anyways I think I should go now. I gave you my number so text me if you want to clear up this misunderstanding between us."

 

 

 

Jonghyun puts his elbows on his knees as he continues to think. He doesn't even realize that the two younger members have come back home."I don't even know why I gave her my number. Maybe it's because her sad facial expression pained my heart, maybe to get out of the situation since I was running late, maybe because I was trying my hardest to be nice so she could help me? I don't know. But it's been a few days and she still hasn't texted me. Maybe I'm another one of those guys that Yoona has in her contacts that she just forgets. Maybe she thought I was worthless and didn't even enter my number in her phone. Every time I think of her, she just pains my heart. I should try and move on already…"