Scandal

A Reality That's Better than a Dream

"Sorry Jonghyun-shi. I'm sorry." Donghae says, much to the shock of Jonghyun.

 

 

 

"For what?"

 

 

 

"For interrupting Yoona's love-life. Look, when I was her boyfriend, I cheated on her, and because of me, her heart broke. I couldn't bear to see it. She is quite a lovely young lady and didn't deserve having her heart broken like that. But what can I say… I lost interest in her over some time and fell in love with someone else. I regret not telling her upfront about this and I was pretty guilty when I found out that she cried for a week because of me. So that's why I kept an eye on you two, so that you don't break her heart as I did. I watched you for a while and I realized how well you treat her." 

 

 

 

Donghae continues, "I'm glad you mended her once broken heart. And I thank you for that. It feels like a heavy weight has been lifted off my shoulders." Donghae takes a small sip of water as Jonghyun remains speechless. "Naturally, you misunderstood my real intentions, so forgive me, yeah?" he says as he extends his arm.

 

 

 

"Sure. I always knew sunbaenim was a cool guy." Jonghyun says as he firmly shakes his hand.

 

 

 

"Was? I still am!" Donghae says as he gives a light whack to Jonghyun's chest before he starts laughing. "Well, see ya later. Gotta go because of a schedule." he says while signaling for Eunhyuk and Shindong to leave with him.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

After the "meeting", Jonghyun naturally left the table he was sitting on(since Donghae left), and walked over to the one where the CNBLUE and SNSD members were sitting at. He arrived with a questioning look from everyone, not to mention that everyone was also confused since Donghae and Jonghyun acted friendly a few moments ago.

 

 

 

"What happened th-"

 

 

 

Jonghyun cuts Yonghwa off.

 

 

 

"I promise I'll tell you later. But first, I need to talk to Yoona in private. Would that be okay?" he says as he eyes the leader of SNSD.

 

 

 

"Sure." she simply responds.

 

 

__________

 

 

"Donghae hyung isn't that bad of a person you know." Jonghyun says to Yoona as they slowly walk around the KBS building. 

 

 

 

Before she could respond, he continues.

 

 

 

"I had a talk with him. He basically told me that the only reason he still had his eye on you for all this time is because of his guilt. He was guilty over how he broke your heart, since he knew that you were such a kind and sweet-hearted girl. So he watched over the next guy that entered into your life, which was me, to make sure that I treated you right, since that's what you deserve. And over time, he approved of me, and said he's sorry for the misunderstandings his actions brought."

 

 

 

"Oh. Guess he's not that bad of a person after all." Yoona says after a moment of silence.

 

 

 

"No, he's bad." Jonghyun quickly says.

 

 

 

"What?"

 

 

 

"Just saying that so you won't fall in love with him again."

 

 

 

"What if I already did?"

 

 

 

"Wha-"

 

 

 

"Aish, of course that was a lie. There's only one guy in my heart and I'm looking at him right now." she says as her doe eyes clash with his burning eyes.

 

 

 

"You had me scared for a moment."

 

 

 

She leans in to give a quick kiss on his lips before backing away.

 

 

 

"Still scared? Anyways, gotta go. Manager is calling."

 

__________

 

 

"Jonghyun-ah! Jonghyun-ah!" 

 

 

 

A voice that Jonghyun could recognize as Yonghwa could be heard from a distance.

 

 

 

"Jonghyun-ah!"

 

 

 

He soon runs to where the sound is coming from, only to see his hyung standing there, ready to scream out Jonghyun's name again.

 

 

 

"Hyung, I'm right here."

 

 

 

"Manager hyung is calling us. He told us that we have to go somewhere. Quick, follow me." Yonghwa says before he starts running.

 

 

 

"How about the others?" Jonghyun says as he catches up.

 

 

 

"For some reason, manager just wants us. We'll have to see where he takes us to find out why."

 

 

 

"Is it urgent?"

 

 

 

"Yup." the leader simply replies.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

"Hyung, we're here." Yonghwa says.

 

 

 

"Good, hop on, fast." the manager says before he starts the car.

 

 

 

"Where are you taking us?" Jongyhun asks.

 

 

 

"SM building."

 

 

 

"What?" the two reply in confusion.

 

 

 

"Yeah, I don't know why either. You guys will have to find out." 

 

 

__________

 

 

Seohyun and Yoona stared at their respective boyfriends in confusion, pondering why they were in the same room as them, let alone the SM building.

 

 

 

"So, welcome to my private office Jonghyun and Yonghwa-shi." the CEO of SM Entertainment, Lee Soo Man says.

 

 

 

"Nice to meet you sir." the two CNBLUE members say as they bow their heads.

 

 

 

"Have you heard the news lately?"

 

 

 

"No, sir."

 

 

 

"Hmm. Let me ask another question. Did you guys realize how flirty the idols were today at the Half Year Special for Music Bank?"

 

 

 

"Yes, sir. I found it a bit weird, but I wasn't shocked, considering the fact that many idols date."

 

 

 

"Oh, but they weren't dating. Those idols acting as "couples" were acting. You see, today a huge government scandal got released to the public. And the idols were ordered by their companies to create scandal to downplay this by the government. But ultimately, they failed. So that's why the government turned to us, SM Entertainment, to create a scandal big enough so that the public forgets about this whole government scandal. And we here at SM decided to create a scandal based on you two couples. Yes, I know that you two couples are actually real couples, but that's the whole purpose: to create scandals worthy enough of being believing. So, is that okay with you guys? It also gives you guys a chance to go public with your relationships."

 

 

 

"If boss allows us to do it, then I think we can afford having our relationship go public." Seohyun says as Yonghwa gives her a nod.

 

 

 

"We're okay with it too." Jonghyun and Yoona say together, although Jonghyun was unsure of his answer.

 

 

 

"Of course we wanted to reject since we can't afford to have scandals in this industry, but the government is much more powerful than us and would do some nasty things against us had we rejected. And besides, they promised to make up for whatever money is lost because of this scandal, whether it be from Yoona's CF's, CNBLUE's group promotions, or etc. But anyway, I'm glad you guys accepted." Mr. Lee continues, "Now, from here it gets a bit more complicated. The public won't believe us if only articles are being posted online, and will immediately think that we made some "cover-up" articles to protect the government. So that's why, we're going to have a FNC, Woollim and SM concert here in Seoul and in this concert, we will have you four sing Love Light together."

 

 

 

The four members stared at Mr. Lee in confusion.

 

 

 

"What? Don't blame me for this idea. Someone from our PR team made this up. Anyways, Jonghyun and Yoona will hold hands, and Yonghwa and Seohyun will hold hands while singing Love Light and naturally the media is going to report on this. And hopefully, it will be big enough to downplay the government scandal."

 

 

 

"When will this concert be?" Yonghwa asks.

 

 

 

"Next week. Tickets are being sold already so be prepared to perform Love Light, all four of you. Well, with that being said, you guys are excused. Thanks for your cooperation, the four of you."

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

"Ah, finally the meeting is done. Hurry up and follow me Yoona and Seohyun, we have a schedule to go to." says SNSD's manager the second they step out from Lee Soo Man's room.

 

 

 

"Hey, where's our manager?" Jonghyun quietly mumbles as he stares at his girlfriend running away.

 

 

 

"Probably outside. He's too scared to come in here." Yonghwa chuckles. "Of course hyung is in a good mood… he's been wanting to reveal his relationship to the public since he has the support of the WGM fans… but for me I barely have any support. After all, I'm dating one of the most popular idols and a girl that every man desires. I don't think I'll find a word that can describe how nervous I will be when the headlines come out…What will happen to our relationship? Will it be strong enough to withhold the public's wrath?"

 

 

__________

 

 

After another day of busy schedules, Yoona took a quick nap while thinking of the situation that was soon to unfold regarding the two SM-FNC couples, Upon waking up, she found that the once bright sky has been darkened, possibly an omen to the future status of their relationship. Still not in the right state of mind, she pushed the door open, only to be met with bright lights from the living room and noise levels large enough to start irritating her ear, especially since she's a bit dizzy after her nap. 

 

 

 

"Oh, Yoona, you're awake!" Sunny exclaims upon setting her sight on the second maknae.

 

 

 

"Ugh, the lights are too bright." Yoona says as she rubs her eyes. "I'll just go back to my room."

 

 

 

"Are you sure? You're not going to eat?" Tiffany voices concern.

 

 

 

"Maybe later."

 

 

 

As soon as she returned back to her room, she noticed in her dark room a bright light coming from her phone. She picked it up and read the text on the screen.

 

From: Jonghyunnie<3

 

Call me when you receive this text or whenever you're free to talk.

 

 

"Hello?"

 

 

 

"Oh, didn't expect you'd call back so fast. Done with all your schedules?" Jonghyun casually asks.

 

 

 

"Yeah. I just woke up from my nap and I saw your text message."

 

 

 

"Ah, is it okay if we meet up in the park near FNC building?"

 

 

 

"Sure. Do you think we will we be safe from the media?" She asks while walking around in her room aimlessly.

 

 

 

"Yeah, I'm here right now and there's no one here." "Hmm, why is he there alone? Something must be bugging him."

 

 

 

"Alright, I'll be there in a few minutes."

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

"Why are you here by yourself? What's wrong?" Yoona asks with worry as she sneaks up behind him.

 

 

 

"Have a seat first."

 

 

 

Yoona proceeds to sit down on the patch of grass right next to him. Jonghyun then motions for Yoona to sit on his lap, which she does.

 

 

 

"Everything is happening so fast." Jonghyun whispers in her ear as he hugs Yoona from behind.

 

 

 

"What do you mean?" she responds as she hugs his arms.

 

 

 

"Do you not remember what happened today?"

 

 

 

"Oh, that. I kinda forgot about that since I just took a nap."

 

 

 

"I wish I could forget about it… I'm kind of worried about what will happen in a week when the reports come out. I'm not worried on how the negative comments are going to affect me, because they won't. " Yoona stares at the night sky full of stars as Jonghyun continues. "I'm worried on how it's going to affect my loved ones. I'm worried on how CNBLUE will lose popularity because of this. And I'm worried about what our crazy fangirls will say and do to you…"

 

 

 

"Don't worry about me oppa. I can get through this, after all I've received a lot of mean comments in the past. Let's just try our best not to let the netizens dictate the way our relationship goes. And whenever our crazy fanboys get to you, make sure to tell me, because I'm always here for you."

 

 

 

Jonghyun can only smile and tighten his hug on her after her comment.

 

 

 

"I'll always be here for you too."

 

__________

 

 

After returning home from her late-night meeting with her boyfriend, she was shocked at the sight of a pink guitar in the living room. Upon walking closer to it, she found out that a note has been attached to it.

 

 

"Go ahead, read it Yoona." Taeyeon says as the rest of the SNSD members nod.

 

 

 

"This… this is for me?"

 

 

 

"Just read the note Yoona." Sooyoung says in mild frustration.

 

 

 

Dear Yoona, 

 

I promised that I would show my love for you not only with words, but with actions as well. I hope you enjoy the pink guitar that I handpicked for you. And besides, you're going to need one for the Love Light performance anyway :)  Make sure to practice the chords that I taught you with Seohyun, since I'm sure Yonghwa hyung taught her the chords as well. Thank you for being such a great girlfriend! Love you!

 

P.S. Was this letter okay? This is my first time writing a letter for a girl hehe.

 

 

 

Yoona's lips curved into a smile, before realizing something was a bit odd.

 

 

 

"Unnie, how did this get here? I was with Jonghyunnie a few minutes ago."

 

 

 

"Jonghoon dropped it off here while you were away with Jonghyun." Taeyeon explains. "Seems like you have a thoughtful boyfriend, Yoona-yah." Taeyeon says while lightly pushing Yoona.

 

 

 

Yoona laughs in response to Taeyeon's teasing.

 

 

 

"Mmm. You're right." Yoona says as she carries her new pink guitar to her room. "Now, shall we start practicing for the concert?"

 

____________________________________________________________________________________

 

If you haven't noticed by now, this story is mainly dialogue-driven. Instead of using the thoughts of my main characters, I use dialogue between the characters to sort of tell the story. To help me out with my next story, can you guys comment down below what type of story you prefer? 

 

Dialogue based- "Ugh, I'm so bored." Jonghyun mutters to himself as he walks toward the library.

 

Narrative- Jonghyun, who was bored out of his mind, walked toward the library as he muttered some gibberish.