Seohyun's Help

A Reality That's Better than a Dream

"Oh, hello oppa!" Seohyun says with her voice echoing around the big and private room that was reserved for the 9 SNSD members and 4 CNBLUE members to eat.

 

 

 

"How are you doing?"

 

 

 

"I've been doing fine!" A bright smile appears on her face.

 

 

 

"That's good to hear. So, why did you bring me here? There's still an hour left until people will start coming." Jonghyun says, causing Seohyun's smile to quickly disappear.

 

 

 

"Remember the day of your comeback?" Seohyun tries to hint on the topic she's about to bring up.

 

 

 

"On which music program?"

 

 

 

"Music Bank. The one day where Yoona and I interviewed you."

 

 

 

"Yeah, what about it?"

 

 

 

"Have you two been talking ever since then?"

 

 

 

"No…"

 

 

 

"Yeah, thought so." Seohyun mumbles as she stares at the floor.

 

 

 

"What?" he responds in confusion.

 

 

 

"Ah, never mind. Do you still like Yoona?"

 

 

 

"Of course." Jonghyun still remains confused.

 

 

 

"You don't like any other girl besides her?"

 

 

 

"Of course not."

 

 

 

"Hmm. Interesting."

 

 

 

"Why?"

 

 

 

Seohyun decides to stop beating around the bush and lets it all out. "Then why did you say to your CNBLUE members that Jungshin was going to be the only one not in a relationship? You know, after we interviewed you, Yoona and I were walking back to our waiting rooms when we overheard your conversation with the other CNBLUE members. Yoona was listening the whole time and from your statements, she concluded that there was another girl in your life because you said that Jungshin would soon be the only not in a relationship, which meant you were going to be in a relationship, which meant there was another girl in your life, since you and Yoona were definitely not at the point of being almost lovers. She was quite upset over this, well at least that's what I thought after seeing her facial expression. That's why she hasn't been talking to you these days. I don't know if you haven't noticed this yet, but she liked you. Maybe to the point of loving you. But not anymore. I overheard her in her room this morning muttering something like, 'Aish Im Yoona be strong. Tell him today when we meet up for dinner that you want to break off this friendship and to no longer keep in touch.' Or at least something like that. I don't know what to tell ya, oppa. Maybe you can try and win her heart back today. Explain to her everything and confess to her today, before it's too late." 

 

 

 

"Will your unnies allow me to take her somewhere?"

 

 

 

"Of course! Don't you remember when my unnies gave their approval to you when you saved Yoona from those three men?"

 

 

 

"Yeah, well that's good then. I just didn't know how your unnies would react if I took Yoona out somewhere. You know, since she hates me now."

 

 

 

"No one knows of this except me. The other members still think you guys are close friends. That's why I asked to meet you so early today. I tried my best to not interfere in between you guys, but I just had to let you know that she's planning to end your guys's friendship. It would pain me to see Yoona become depressed again, especially over guys. You know, I was the one who really convinced Yoona to open her heart towards you. Ever since her breakup with Donghae, she hasn't been into guys much, but that changed when you entered her life. I noticed her struggling, trying her best not to fall in love with you, but I convinced her you were the right guy. Don't make me regret my words." Seohyun says in a tone contrary to her usually high tone.

 

 

 

"Thanks. Thanks.. Thanks a lot.." Jonghyun repeatedly says as he stares at the floor, trying to digest everything that's going on.

 

 

 

"Got any ideas on what you're going to do?"

 

 

 

"That's the last thing on my mind right now, Seohyun." 

 

 

 

"What do you mean?" Seohyun says as she furrows her eyebrows in confusion.

 

 

 

"To be honest, when I said that I was going to be in a relationship soon, I meant that I was going to be in a relationship with Yoona soon. I had a feeling for a while that she liked me and I was planning to make my move on her. But of course, our schedules conflicted so I never had the opportunity to ask her. It feels nice that my love was requited after all. Do you think there's still a place in her heart for me? All I need is a chance…." Jonghyun continues to stare at the floor.

 

 

 

"Of course there is." Seohyun tries to comfort Jonghyun. To be quite honest, Seohyun didn't know for sure whether Yoona still had feelings for him. "Good. I have the perfect idea as well. Be right back." he says as he leaves the room.

 

----------

 

"Jungmin hyung! Are you at the ice cream parlor right now?" The person on the other side of the phone, named Jungmin, proved to be the manager of the ice cream parlor that Jonghyun usually goes to: the same ice cream parlor with the long, dark alley right next to it where Jonghyun saved Yoona.

 

 

 

"Uh., not yet. I'm going to visit the parlor in about an hour. Why?" the manager aka Jungmin responds.

 

 

 

"I'm going to make my move on a girl."

 

 

 

"And you decided that you're going to do it at my ice cream parlor?"

 

 

 

"Yup, and I need your help."

 

 

 

"Waah, I feel so honored! How can I help?"

 

 

 

"When you arrive, can you make an ice cream cup with the words, 'Will you be my girlfriend?' on the bottom of the cup. So basically when she eats all the ice cream, I want her to see those words on the bottom."

 

 

 

"Wow, so clever! Of course, I'll do that for you! But keep in mind that I'm going to arrive in an hour so…"

 

 

 

"It's alright. I'm going to ask her later today, not right now. Oh and if she asks for a cone, can you tell her that you guys ran out?"

 

 

 

"No problem! Anyways, good luck Jonghyun!"

 

 

 

"Alright Jungmin hyung, thanks for your help!" He ends the call. Just as he was about to enter the restaurant again, he noticed Yonghwa arriving.

 

 

 

"Jonghyun, what are you doing here?" Yonghwa asks once he got off the car.

 

 

 

"Well Seohyun told me that she was lonely since you didn't answer her texts, so she asked if I wanted to meet up with her so she would feel less bored."

 

 

 

"Oh, whoops." He pulls out his phone, but puts it back into his pocket after remembering that his phone ran out of battery. "Let's go in."

 

----------

 

"Shh." Yonghwa says before kissing Seohyun right on the cheeks, not allowing her to say anything. "Before you start yelling at me for ignoring your texts, I just wanted you to know that my phone's battery died overnight. You know, since I wasted half of it talking to you at night. Actually, 'wasted' isn't the best word to use in that situation because any time spent with you wouldn't be considered as a 'wasting'." Jonghyun just lets out a small groan over his hyung's cheesiness.

 

----------

 

"Did you order the food yet?" Yonghwa asks as he stares at the menu.

 

 

 

"Nope. We'll do that once people arrive. Anything that you-" Seohyun notices a sound coming from the right and moves her head in that direction. "Oh! Wah, unnies you're here!"

 

 

 

"Yeah, we were going to come home right after our schedule to kill some time before coming but we all went straight to the restaurant after Jonghyun sent me a text, complaining about you two." Taeyeon says as she grins at Yonghwa and Seohyun.

 

----------

 

Like Taeyeon mentioned, they arrived a bit early because of Jonghyun's "request". Jungshin and Minhyuk weren't present at the restaurant just yet, leaving Jonghyun in an awkward position. Yonghwa and Seohyun were in the far corner of the room, acting lovey-dovey and what not. Seohyun occasionally glanced at Yoona, then to Jonghyun, and then back to Yoona. She noticed that Yoona was completely ignoring him, glancing at her phone once in a while, but mainly looking at the menu or the walls in the room. And all the other SNSD members also had their eyes on these two, constantly whispering to one another, mainly whispers about how something was up today. The two weren't talking! They, of course, didn't know the reason why, since only Seohyun knew. You could imagine how much the SNSD members were dying to know what happened between the two.

 

 

 

Jonghyun couldn't handle it. Yes, he was warned about Yoona's act that she was going to put on beforehand by Seohyun. But still, seeing Yoona act like this made his heart hurt. One look would at least prove that she realizes his presence, but she wouldn't even give him one single look. So in his head, he devised a plan. He would lightly cough to obtain her attention and then walk out the room to go call Jungshin and Minhyuk and ask about there whereabouts, since he couldn't handle being the only guy(of course Yonghwa was there but he was too occupied with Seohyun). And the plan worked, but he didn't notice Yoona glancing at him for a second, since his back was turned toward the SNSD members as he walked out the private restaurant room.

 

 

 

"Yoona-yah, what happened between you two?" Yuri asks with a face full of concern once Jonghyun left. "Aish, I was going to use the bathroom but it seems like I have to hold it since he's going to the bathroom as well." Yoona gets fidgety from trying to hold the urge, but the SNSD members misinterpreted this as Yoona being uncomfortable from the question Yuri asked.

 

 

 

"It's alright Yoona, you can tell us later if you want to."

 

 

 

Yoona lets out a small smile before she realizes that it's impossible to hold the urge. "Looks like I have no choice. I really have to go right now." Thankfully though, since Jonghyun didn't actually go to the bathroom, Yoona didn't encounter him on the way toward the bathroom.

 

 

----------

 

"Yah, where are you guys right now?" Jonghyun says in an irritated fashion.

 

 

 

"Hyung we're here! We're just looking for a parking spot."

 

 

 

"Oh, really? I'll be outside." He runs in excitement. Finally, he wouldn't die of boredom and awkwardness in that room. Sure enough Jonghyun found his two dongsaengs walking into the restaurant with bright smiles. However before they enter the private room that was reserved for CNBLUE and SNSD, Jonghyun pulls his two dongsaengs aside. "Right now Yoona and I aren't on good terms so don't say something stupid like, 'Why aren't Jonghyun and Yoona talking?' or you guys are dead meat, alright?"

 

 

 

"Yes, hyung." the two maknaes reply, each with a face full of curiosity.

 

----------

 

When the food was ordered, there was a pretty lengthy awkward silence between everyone as they waited for the food to arrive. Both SNSD and CNBLUE members with the exception of Yoona and Jonghyun were staring at the two, and then back at them, using their eyes to communicate if either group knew anything about them. Seohyun was also watching the two, especially Jonghyun, trying to figure out what his special plan was to win Yoona's heart back.

 

 

 

However as the food came, a lengthy conversation between the two groups came with it. As they were eating, the groups disregarded the situation between the two visuals of their respective groups and started to share stories about one another and their lives and whatnot. The only ones who weren't talking and having a good time were Jonghyun, Yoona, and Sooyoung(she was too busy to talk, since she was eating everything on the table).

 

 

 

"Done." Yoona mumbles as she places her chopsticks and spoon down onto the table. "I'll be back after I wash my hands." she says to Seohyun, who nods at her.

 

 

 

"I'm done as well." Jonghyun mutters as he too places his chopsticks and spoon onto the table, but the amount of rice left in his bowl said otherwise. He quietly followed Yoona outside. The sound of everyone else''s chopsticks and spoon being dropped on the table were heard around the room, as they noticed that the two both left the room.

 

 

 

"Now's the time! Don't screw up!" Jonghyun cheers himself on as he quickens his steps to catch up to Yoona. "Hey." he says in a low voice, bringing chills down Yoona's spine. It was a voice she knew far too well.

 

____________________________________________________________________________________