Something Happens

You're in My Life

As Luhan and Sunmi reached the park, Sunmi couldn’t hid her excitement, “Yay! One of my favorite places!” When the limo stopped, Luhan quickly went out first to open her door. Sunmi curtsied like a princess jokingly, “Thank you Luhan.”

Luhan laughed, “It’s my duty, your highness.”

Sunmi guided her guard to a deeper place in the park while his eyes surveyed for any threats. They finally sat down at a bench and Sunmi took a deep breath.

“This is amazing.” Luhan said.

Sunmi quietly said, “It is, isn’t it?” Luhan nodded.

She ignored the other guards that were carefully disguised as normal passer buyers nearby. Sunmi focused on relaxing away from her stressful life. Luhan did too, being a junior guard was just as busy.

It was a rare, beautiful day in Korea, there was lots of sunshine and gentle winds. The trees were peacefully swaying and Luhan was studying her. He thought, “She actually really is pretty. No wonder all the boys run up to her. Protecting her isn’t going to be easy.”

The girl he was protecting suddenly had an idea, “Luhan-ah?” He called, “Yes?”

“I want to her you sing again.”

Luhan smiled, “Of course.” He sang the song he sang earlier in class, just as beautifully. Sunmi couldn’t have asked for anything better, except to figure out the mystery of Youngjae. She ignored the thought of him for now, she concentrated on Luhan’s voice and the park. It was hard to not wander off in her head to think about Youngjae.

The singing ended with a quiet note and Sunmi clapped on cue, “That was wonderful! I’m starting to run out of compliments!” The junior guard bowed, “Thank you, but I’m not that good, really.” Sunmi pouted, “Sheesh, why do all the talented people I know act so modest?” Luhan raised his eyebrows, “Oh so you want me to be a bloating person?” Luhan then made his voice higher as if he were a girl, “I just love my voice so much, that it’s the best and it’s so wonderful!” Sunmi laughed, “Okay, I like you the other way. Don’t boast.” Luhan smiled, “I thought so.”

An elderly lady was walking by and as she passed by the two, she said to them, “Ah, you two are a sweet pair, what an adorable couple you are.” Sunmi’s eyes widened, “Oh no! We’re not dating! We’re just, um, cousins!” Luhan agreed, “Yes, we’re sorry. But thank you though.” The lady laughed, “Oh! I’m sorry, well you are a very pretty girl and such a handsome boy you are.” The two bowed, “Thank you.” The lady left and Sunmi spoke, “Wow, that’s interesting.” Luhan nodded, “Yeah, weird.”

A device in Luhan’s pocket beeped and he pulled it out. “Sunmi, it looks like we have to go back home now.”

She stood up, “Okay, thanks for being here with me. It was nice.” Luhan said, “Of course, let’s get going.”

They walked casually to the road and went back into the limo.

However, when Sunmi was safely in the vehicle and Luhan was going around to his side of the door, he saw a faint shine. Luhan turned around and saw a man in a dark suit facing them. Luhan gulped and pulled out his walkie-talkie, “Code 3, I repeat Code 3! Reinforcements now!”

The man was now running to the limo with a few other people following him. Luhan jumped into his seat and yelled to the driver, “Drive!” The limo swerved into action and sped away quickly.

Sunmi glanced at Luhan, “What’s happening?” Luhan slowly looked up, “Uh…” But a quick turn made them slam their heads on the seat in front of them. She rubbed her head over the noise of the running engine, “I’m sorry, what?” Luhan shook his head, “Tell you later!”

Sunmi felt scared, something happened like this a long time ago. One day when she was very little, her parents and brother and she went to go to a party for a relative. Sunmi and her brother went into the garden by themselves. She vaguely remembered.

“I want to see the pretty sunflowers!” she begged her parents.

Her mom was about to say no, but her father, drunken with wine said, “Let them go! There’s no harm! Take your brother with you.” Her mother frowned, but allowed them to go to the large garden.

Sunmi took her brother’s hand as he led her to the flowers. He said to her, “This one is a rose. Even though it is very beautiful, it has thorns on its stem.” Sunmi pouted, “But it’s so pretty.” Her brother laughed, “Yes, it is. It’s a special flower. It…” he paused.

“What?” she asked. He looked back at her, “The rose. I-I saw a vision. About you. And…” He paused again, but with a frightened look on his face. Sunmi turned around and there was a man with a black suit coming towards them.

The man had shades to cover his eyes and he had a sinister look on his face. The man smirked, “No one is here for you now. I finally have you two. Your power is mine. Come here, children.” Sunmi’s brother whispered in her ear, “Don’t.” and she silently nodded. Her brother pressed a button in his pocket and his father’s guards came swarming in to protectively surround the two children.

The man in the suit was shocked, and he ran. The guards tackled him and he was caught…

1 day later

“I will never drink again.” Sunmi’s father stated. He covered his face with his hands, “It was all my fault. I shouldn’t have let them go, especially alone.” Sunmi and her brother listened to him talk to their mother as they ate dinner together. The two children kept quiet, stunned by their experience of the attacker the night before. Supposedly, he went to prison for a long, long time.

Her brother patted her back empathetically as she made silent tears.

Luhan and all the other guards knew the story. They knew about the man and his attempted kidnap. Luhan frowned in the vehicle as he just now saw the man in flesh a few moments ago. Sunmi’s parents had ordered all of their guards to make sure Sunmi should never see the man again to refresh the haunting memory.

He kept turning his head around to check for any threats as Sunmi quietly thought. The adrenaline was flowing through her veins, yet she did not understand why. The feeling felt so familiar.

The limo soared into the Kang property gates as they quickly closed after they came in. Guards came swarming around the mansion with heavy weapons around their backs. Sunmi felt so confused. No one would tell her anything at all. Yet.

The butlers, maids, and guards rushed her into her room and locked the door. Sunmi sighed as she was lonely once again in her room. The mansion was in lock-down position, just like it was in America. Nothing would change.Her parents told her proudly that this mansion was one of the strongest and secured buildings in the world. Her heart sank as this fact would lessen the chances of freedom.

An hour passed and Sunmi sighed as she finished school work. Earlier, Sunmi tried to call Eunji out of boredom, but apparently her parents had shut down the service from reaching their property premises. Her parents made sure nothing could get in, but then that also meant their daughter couldn’t get out either.

Her body lay on the bed, bored out of her mind. Sunmi had done everything to slightly entertain herself: taking a long shower, brushing her hair, and even eating every single crumb on her cookie plate.

The day had turned into night. Sunmi was about to fall asleep until she heard a rapping on her door, “Miss Sunmi?” It was a butler.

Sunmi got up from her bed and went behind her door, “Yes?” His muffled voice came through, “Are you safe and fine?” She nodded, then remembered that he couldn’t see her, so instead she calmly told him, “Yes, everything is fine. What has happened this time?” Sunmi raised up her hopes, maybe this time she would find out the truth.

But realistically, the butler reported, “I’m sorry, but your parents forbade you to know, Miss Sunmi. I must go. Call through the transmitter if you need anything.” He left with the sound of footsteps across the hall. Sunmi leaned on the door and slowly slid down to the ground. The ground captured one of her tears. Frustrated, she whispered to herself, “Why…”

Sunmi was too worn out from crying, so she slept on the ground near the door. She curled out tightly, all alone.

The video cameras cleverly hidden in her room captured every second. As junior guard and Exo leader, Suho, was watching the footage since Sunmi’s parents told him to watch over her in her room. Suho sadly frowned, no child should be treated like Sunmi, locked up and pained in crying in loneliness. He watched alertly for several hours, no danger occurring so far.

Outside of Sunmi’s room stood four other Exo members: Xiumin, Chanyeol, Kai, and Tao. Sunmi’s parents specified to add these four in front of her door since they were strong, and Tao had amazing fighting skills like a ninja.

But being Tao, even though he was stealthy, he was also a kid. Tao whined to Xiumin, “Why do we even have to do this? I’m hungry.”

Kai told Tao, “Why didn’t you ask that butler earlier? You pabo.” Chanyeol then said to both of them, “Yah! Be on guard! We’re not here to argue!” The two shrank away from Chanyeol’s tall figure as Xiumin mentally laughed at the playful arguing.

Tao’s stomach rumbled loudly and he pouted at his super tall hyung, “Can I tell D.O to get me something? Oh! Like chicken!” Kai was drooling without realizing at the sound of food, and Xiumin his lips. Chanyeol looked at all of them and sighed, “Fine, it has been quite a long time too.” Tao hugged Chanyeol, “Yay!” and he pulled out his radio specially designed for only the junior guards. Tao spoke into the speaker, “D.O?”

D.O was in the kitchen since he was a cook sometimes. D.O heard his radio from his pocket say his name, “D.O?”

D.O called back, “Tao?” The caller responded, “Xiumin, Kai, Chanyeol, and I want chicken! Can you send some over to us?” D.O blinked, “I don’t know, I’m pretty busy, especially with this lock-down…” Then Tao used his adorable voice, “Pretty pleeeeeaaaase? Please D.O, we’re hungry.” The chef looked at the many cooking duties he had to do, “Uh…” “Hyung~ we can’t focus if we’re hungry. Please?” D.O gave up, “Fine. I’m coming up soon.” D.O heard a cheer from the other side of the walkie-talkie and Tao shouting, “Thank you! Thank you, hyung!”

The tired chef prepared to make their chicken at the late hour. D.O looked at the window and the night sky. There were many guards outside heavily loaded, patiently waiting. D.O shivered, why did this world have to have so many dangers?

Ding! The chicken had finished coking. As D.O put the meat into plates, he told the other head cook, “I’m going to give these some of the other junior guards. Are you going to be okay in here without me for a while?” The woman in the tight hairnet and apron said, “Yes, come back though soon.” D.O saluted and left through the kitchen doors.

Walking, D.O was amazed at the mansion’s big space and rooms. He turned to the corner which led to Sunmi’s doors, and found the other four.

Xiumin perked up, “D.O is here.” Tao jumped in the air, “Chicken!” and the ninja ran to D.O quickly. D.O closed his eyes tightly, “Ah!” but Tao stopped right in front of him just in time. Kai laughed at D.O’s little shriek. Chanyeol smiled while shaking his head, “Sorry D.O. These immature two.”

After the four wolfed down their plates, D.O traveled back into the kitchen. The kitchen was basically his home. When he reached the kitchen, D.O glanced outside through the window to check for any trouble and he went back to work cooking.

Outside the Kang mansion stood more junior guards/Exo members to watch their master’s property. They were Baekhyun, Chen, Lay, Sehun, and Kris. They were on the rooftop along with a few more adult guards not too far from them.

Lay shivered, “It’s so cold.” Sehun complained, “The others get a heated inside room right now and we don’t?”

Chen told them, “Yeah, but think, Mr. and Mrs. Kang assigned us up here because they know us five can stand the freezing cold and the other seven can’t.” Baekhyun agreed, “Yep, I can just imagine Tao,” and Baekhyun imitated the panda, “Hug me Kris! I’m going to freeze to death!” Kris glowered as the four giggled. Kris spoke up, “Yah, we’re supposed to be on watch, remember?” They suddenly stopped, “Oh yeah… Sorry.”

The five junior guards silently watched for any trouble. Then a few minutes later, a big bang came from their left. Kris shouted on his main walkie-talkie, “Mayday! Mayday! Explosion left diagonal! Hovercrafts submit!”

Baekhyun got out his junior guard walkie-talkie, “Reporting junior guards! Subject has landed! I repeat, subject has landed!”

The junior guards couldn’t see what was happening since another roof was blocking their view, but they could definitely hear shouting and booms.

Luhan was part of the attack out front. Sunmi’s parents trusted him the most out of all the Exo members/junior guards, so Luhan was part of the big action. His adrenaline was pumping as he saw the Kang enemy army coming. The Kangs were winning and pushing them back. They rapidly left knowing they were no match for the Kangs right now.

Luhan panted as he saw some of the more experienced older guards carefully dragging a struggling enemy pawn inside the mansion. Luhan’s walkie-talkie beeped and it was Sunmi’s father. Luhan picked up, “Yes sir?”

Sunmi’s father ordered, “I need you to come see me in my office as soon as you can, Luhan.” Luhan said to the speaker, “Yes sir. I will come right away.” He ran to the Sunmi’s father’s office quickly and knocked at the door, “Sir?”

Mr. Kang commanded, “Come in Luhan.” Luhan opened the door and came through. Mr. Kang didn’t look up from his surveillance televisions that showed the outside of the mansion. Luhan asked, “What did you need me for sir?”

Luhan’s master looked at the junior guard with a straight face, “With all this trouble from, them, I need more protection for my precious daughter.” Luhan nodded, “Yes sir.” He continued, “She still needs to go to school and just one junior guard at this point is not enough. What I need is…”

Luhan quietly gasped, “Sir? Are you saying…?”

Mr. Kang gravely nodded, “Yes, I need all twelve Exo members to attend Sunmi’s school. By tomorrow morning.”

~~~~~
Aye readers! (Once again) I am super deeply sorry I haven't updated in like almost two months! T-T I hate school. Well, this chappie is mostly more about EXO, but don't worry! B.A.P will be coming back, no worries! ^^ I love them both~ I'm going to try to update more during the summer since no school hehe and I'm like the worst updater ever xP Enjoy!!