EXO Bonding

You're in My Life

Ten Exo members and one girl piled into one limo. Sunmi looked out the window as they passed the road to the park. She turned her head back inside the limo to face her junior guards. She smiled, “How was your first day of school?” Suho answered, “It was nice. I never thought it would be that easy. The guard school academy is much more challenging, so it was relaxing to have this school for normal students.”

Chen agreed, “Yes, there are more people to interact and be social with. I like it.” Baekhyun said, “I actually hoped it would be like those schools in the American movies where the kids jump on the desks and party around. I guess that doesn’t happen huh?” Everyone laughed. Sunmi was happy to already be comfortable with the junior guards.

Sunmi said, “I’m glad that you enjoyed it! However, I saw that all of you were… how to say, having sour faces? Why is that?” Xiumin slumped his shoulders, “Well, it’s because of your friends, B.A.P.” There was silence after that. Sunmi sympathetically smiled, “Why? It will be okay, I won’t judge on what you say. I just want to know why.” Chanyeol sighed, “She deserves to know, hyungs. Tell her, Luhan. She trusts you the most.”

Luhan said, “Okay.” Every Exo member faced their master’s beautiful daughter. Sunmi worriedly asked, “What is it? Is something wrong?” He said, “It’s actually pretty funny. All of us,” he pointed to Exo, “are jealous of B.A.P.”

Sunmi questioned, “Really?” They all nodded. Luhan told her, “Yeah, when we saw that they were really good friends to you, we wanted to be just as good. Even though you have met them for only a week, they are good friends. And Exo loves to compete.” Kai said, “Yes we do. We even compete against ourselves in almost everything, but in the end, we’re all still bros to one another.”

Luhan continued, “And when we saw that B.A.P gave us, um, looks, that made us even more pumped up. I don’t know what they are thinking, but the reason why Exo was like that today was just for friendly competition. That’s all.” Sunmi sighed in relief, “Thank goodness. I thought Exo hated B.A.P, but now that I know, it clears everything up. Thanks for telling me.”

Chanyeol said, “We all decided that protecting you would become a little game. If you don’t mind?” Sunmi shook her head, “No, not at all. It should be really fun then! You all are definitely the best junior guards ever.” Some of them blushed while the manlier members grinned, “Thank you Sunmi.”

She asked, “So you guys don’t know why B.A.P was acting like that towards you?” D.O said, “No, but we can still be friends with them. Exo doesn’t hate them in that way. Just, competitive-wise.” Sunmi smiled, “Okay, just wondering. You guys make really good angry faces to them though.” Exo laughed joyfully.

Kai spoke up, “Lay and I are going to compete ourselves to that Moon Jongup. He is awesome at dancing.” Tao said, “Even though he’s shorter than us, his muscles scare me. They are huge.” Baekhyun snorted, “Says the martial arts master.” Tao whined, “Yah! At lunch, his arms were showing and they are shaped like Cheetos!” D.O asked, “Like the snack?” Baekhyun said, “Do you not know what Cheetos are? Why don’t you give me some back home, Mr. Cook?”

Sunmi said, “D.O can cook?” Suho nodded, “He can. D.O is incredible at cooking. We sometimes ask him to make him something for us. He is practically the junior guard chief. Did you know that he baked the cookies that were in your room yesterday?” She was surprised, “Really? Aww D.O they were delicious. Thank you for baking them!” D.O blushed, “Ne, you’re welcome Sunmi. Anytime.”

Chen said, “Anyways, I think I want to hear what your dream man Sunmi can do. Luhan said he sang really well. Yoo Youngjae? And that Jung Daehyun can hit high notes too? We can have D.O and Luhan compete with Youngjae while Baekhyun and I can reach those high notes with Daehyun.” Baekhyun chuckled, “Ohh~ this is going to be fun, fun, fun! Game on!”

Looking out the window, Luhan said, “We’re almost there. But again, we don’t hate B.A.P, we just want to compete with them! They seem competitive just as well! Competitive in dancing, singing, etc. But most importantly…” Everyone waited in anticipation on what Luhan was going to say. Luhan slowly said, “We shall see which side can be close friends with Sunmi!” Exo cheered. Sunmi twirled her hair, “This is going to be interesting isn’t it?”

Luhan said, “You bet it is! You are fine with this right?” Sunmi nodded, “That’s fine with me. But don’t go too far that anyone will get in trouble or in danger, arasso?” Exo saluted, “Ne Sunmi.” Sunmi smiled, “Good.”

The limo came to a stop and they emptied out. As they escorted Sunmi inside, Tao went up to her, “Sunmi?” She slowed down, “Yes Tao?” Tao shyly said, “Um, I need help in my math. Can you help me? The hyungs aren’t very good teachers.” Baekhyun shouted behind them, “Yes we are!”

Sunmi found herself seeing Tao’s aegyo, “Please?” She said, “Of course! Just stop being cute and then I’ll help you!” Tao pumped his fist in the air, “Yay! She’ll help me and she called me cute!” Lay playfully hit him, “Don’t get ahead of yourself.”

Exo went to go complete some junior guard duties while Sunmi went to her mom to practice with her. Her mother had her back facing Sunmi, “Warm-ups.”

The daughter did as she was told. After a few minutes, Sunmi’s mom faced her with a tired face, “Let’s get started on your brother’s song, Sunmi-ah.” Sunmi smiled; she was going to make her oppa proud.

Her mom the music with her brother’s voice. Sunmi copied perfectly. She closed her eyes as she sang the difficult high notes. When the song became over, Sunmi’s mother applauded, “Well done. You improved greatly. You have mastered the song already in only a few days. Not bad. We will still make it better and better every day, arasso?” Sunmi nodded, “Ne, thank you umma,” Her mom said, “I requested a formal orchestra to perform the instruments. We will record with them in about 3 weeks like I said before. And tell me, how did you learn this song so fast?” Sunmi said, “I listened to ‘So Far Away’ on my phone where the maid said it was okay for me to download it earlier. And I started singing in my room, and supposedly I was humming in class too.” Her mother nodded, “I see. Continue working hard. Since there is nothing more to do today, I allow you to leave early from our practice session.” Sunmi bowed, “Thank you mom. I will see you at dinner.”

Sunmi went to leave the room, but her mom stopped her, “Sunmi, hold on.” Sunmi spun around, “Yes mother?” Her mom said, “Do you have a lot of homework?” Sunmi racked her brain, “Uh, no not a lot.” Her mom continued, “Since you are always in your room by yourself, I require you to get to know your junior guards better. They said to me that you were feeling ‘like a trapped bird’. Therefore, whenever you have the free time, spend time with them.”

Her daughter nodded, “Okay mother. I’ll do that.” Inside, Sunmi was happy with joy. She would actually be free from her extremely boring room! Her mom said, “That is all. You may go now.” Sunmi gleefully walked to the door, but before she turned the handle, her mom said, “Sunmi?” She slowly turned around again, “Hmm?”

But this time, her mother had a grave face. Worry filled Sunmi’s head. Her mother softly stated, “Never leave your junior guards. Be careful these days. Promise me.” Sunmi was frightened, her voice shaked, “N-ne, umma. I- I promise.” Her mother nodded her head, motioning for her to finally go. Sunmi tiptoed out and a maid came by her side, “Miss Sunmi, where would you like to go?” Sunmi pounded her scared, beating chest, “Um, why don’t we go to my room so I can change out of my uniform?” The maid nodded and every step away from the room her mother was in made Sunmi calmer.

Her mother stood up and went to a room. Sehun and Kris were there sitting on chairs. The two bowed, “Mrs. Kang.”

She adjusted her dress, “Your reports?” Sehun said, “During the school day, there was no sign of any trouble.” Kris added, “However, after we left the school grounds, h-h-h-h…” Mrs. Kang snapped, “What?” Kris gulped, “He was there. Right around the corner. The corner of a building. Sehun took pictures.” Sehun pulled out his camera and there was the proof.

“He’s closer than we thought,” whispered Mrs. Kang.

A beep came from her purse. She put her walkie talkie on speaker, “What is it now?” The head guard answered, “Your son is gone. He was captured.”

The mother fainted to the floor while Sehun called for the nurse. Kris checked her pulse and bit his lip in frustration as Sehun and he waited for the emergency crew to come.

~ ~ ~

Before entering her room, Sunmi remembered something. She asked the maid, “Excuse me? But do you know who put me back on my bed? I was on the floor and I fell asleep, but in the morning, I was on my bed.” The maid said, “That was one of your junior guards, Chanyeol. He was guarding outside your door last night and when your mother saw through the video cameras that you were sleeping on the ground, she told him to put you back on your bed so you wouldn’t have aches in the morning.”

That is so sweet of him. I will go thank him the next time I see Exo. Sunmi bowed, “Thank you.” The maid sweetly smiled and Sunmi went in her room.

Sunmi changed into some sweats, even though he parents insisted that she wore fancy all the time. She went to go help Tao with his homework in the study room and it turns out, all of Exo were there too, except Kris and Sehun who were still gone.

Tao exclaimed, “Sunmi! You’re here!” She said happily, “Yes! Are you ready to finish your math?” Tao whined, “I don’t want to do it. Can we do it later?” Suho scolded him from the nearby chair, “No procrastinating, sneaky dongsaeng. You’re going to be busy with having school and guard duties, so no slacking off.” Tao frowned, “Okay, hyung…”

Sunmi and Tao settled on a table and Tao opened his books. Sunmi pondered at the pages, “What do you need help on Tao?” He pointed at a section, “This. The problems are confusing.” Sunmi explained, “Well, if X equals .365, then…”

Time went fairly quickly since Tao seemed to have no trouble at all on his homework. Sunmi confusingly asked him, “Tao, are you sure you needed help? You seemed to get it all right, even without much of my help.” Tao smirked, “I understood it all. I just wanted to spend time with my master’s daughter to get to know her better.” Realizing, Sunmi said, “You are sneaky. And Exo really is competitive. You guys want to win don’t you?”

Exo chorused, “Yes.” They had all been listening. “It looks like you’re going to have to try harder to win me though,” Sunmi teased, “I’m going to go to my room and finish my own homework there.”

Tao gasped, “Sunmi! No! You should stay here! Your mother said you should spend time with us!” “Okay, I’ll stay here.” Sunmi winked. Exo cheered, they were a step closer to winning their competition with B.A.P, even though B.A.P had no idea of this contest yet.

“But first, I should finish my homework before I ‘chill’ with you guys. Arasso?” “Yes ma’am,” said Xiumin. Sunmi smiled, “Thank you! It won’t take too long.”

Two Exo members just couldn’t stand the peace and quiet for very long. Baekhyun and Chanyeol looked at each other mysteriously. The vocal excitedly whispered, “Let’s immensely stare at Sunmi like weirdoes. It’ll make her feel awkward.” Chanyeol said, “You are a weirdo. However, I don’t know. Will she get mad though?”  Baekhyun chuckled, “Let’s find out. Ready, go.”

The two Korean members silently sat still while Sunmi was working. Occasionally, Sunmi would look up at the wall to check the time, but her eyes never met Baekhyun’s or Chanyeol’s. After a solid ten minutes, Chanyeol said, “Um, she’s not looking.” Baekhyun continued staring, “Hold on, she’s going to look up… now.”

At that moment, Sunmi did look at them. Chanyeol and Baekhyun mutely stared at her as Sunmi blinked at them. She quickly looked back down at her paper. Chanyeol grinned, “Wow, you are smart.” “I never knew that,” Baekhyun sarcastically said.

 Sunmi looked back up again, and sure enough they were still staring at her. The two had a hard time not laughing at Sunmi’s uncomfortableness. Suddenly, she put her book in front of her face, “Stop looking at me like that! It’s weird!” The other members scanned the room for who she was talking about. Suho frowned at Baekhyun, “Already teasing her on the day you meet her? What a bad first impression.” Ignoring their leader, Baekhyun high fived Chanyeol, “Good job!”

Kai asked Sunmi, “Are you okay? They are idiots.” Sunmi nodded, “Yeah, I’m fine! No worries!” Chen squinted his eyes at Chanyeol and Baekhyun, “You interrupted Sunmi’s quiet.” She said, “Oh, I finished right before I glanced at Baekhyun and Chanyeol. What do you guys want to do now?”

Chen said, “I’m hungry. We should have D.O make us something to eat.” The large eyed boy nodded, “I could do that.” Sunmi said, “Sure! Thank you D.O.” He sheepishly smiled, “No problem. How about some Western food?” Kai his lips, “Yes, please.” D.O left to the kitchen to go cook.

Just as D.O left, Kris and Sehun came. Luhan asked them, “What took you two so long?” Kris unsurely glanced at Sunmi and then gave Luhan a look that said tell you later.

Chanyeol spoke, “Why don’t we play a game while we’re waiting for food to come? There’s that one game where we each say one word that make up into a sentence.” Suho stated, “Nothing inappropriate. There is a lady here,” he narrowed his eyes, “Baekhyun.” Mr. Byun innocently put up his hands, “Of course. Chanyeol, you say the first word.”

“Although” he started.

“We” -Xiumin.

“Are”-Suho.

“All” -Kai.

“Awesome” smirked Baekhyun.

“And” –Sunmi.

“Hungry,” Chen sadly said.

“Most” –Kris.

“Importantly,” –Sehun.

“We” –Lay.

“Are” –Tao.

“One” finished Luhan. They all grinned at their success. Suho clapped, “Well done everyone."