Let's Go to the Park!

You're in My Life

The next morning, Sunmi woke up when her alarm went off. She stretched until she remembered her nightmare in which she screamed so late at night. She prayed that her brother was safe.

Sunmi looked at her bedside drawer, and on top of it was a note. It read:

I hope you slept well, Sunmi. ^^ -Luhan

She smiled to herself. Luhan was definitely a nice boy. He just made her day.

She got ready for school and when she came into the dining room to eat breakfast, she saw that all of Exo was there waiting for her with careful eyes.

“Ehe, good morning,” Sunmi bowed.

They all said in unison, “Good morning, Sunmi,” and the closest guard nearest to her, Chanyeol, guided her to her seat and pulled open her chair.

D.O asked, “Did you sleep better, Sunmi?”

“Yes, I slept better after Luhan came in and comforted me. Thank you, Luhan,” she smiled gratefully towards Luhan. Luhan blushed, and smiled back.

Before singing class began, Sunmi had some conversation with Youngjae and Daehyun.

Sunmi smirked, “So, I am pretty sure that B.A.P is working hard for the music festival.”

Youngjae smirked back, “You bet.”

Daehyun chuckled, “Thanks, and I know for sure that you’re working hard as well, Sunmi.”

“Thank you, Daehyun,” Sunmi smiled, “What are you guys planning to do?”

Daehyun coolly answered, “We’re going to dance, rap, and sing.”

“At the same time,” Youngjae quickly added.  

Baekhyun butted in, “Oh really? So is Exo, but we’re going to win.”

Daehyun shifted his eyes to Baekhyun’s direction, “Is that so?”

Baekhyun and Daehyun had a staredown until the teacher came inside. Sunmi swore that Luhan, Chen, Baekhyun, and D.O all said under their breath at the same time, “It’s on.”

Sunmi looked over at Youngjae and Daehyun and whispered to them, “Good luck. I’m sure that you guys will do well.”

Daehyun genuinely nodded his thanks while Youngjae quietly said, “Good luck to you too, Sunmi. I’m sure that this year will be a tough year.”

And he was directly talking about… well, you know who.

~~~~~~

Mr. Kang and Mrs. Kang were escorted to a public restaurant in America, the place where they could make a bargain to get their son back. They ordered guards to surround the whole building in case on a bad emergency.   

Sunmi’s father and mother carefully looked around, waiting for a suspicious looking person. A few minutes later, a man in black came and sat himself in front of them.

Mr. Kang inquired, “What is it that you want?”

“My boss wants five hundred billion dollars in exchange for your son,” the man stated.

Mr. Kang slowly said, “It would be difficult to give such a large amount of money in such a short time. We can offer something else.”

The man shook his head, “No, all he wants is the money. I’m sure you understand.”

Mr. Kang tightened his fist on his lap, and Mrs. Kang pursed her lips.

“If you do not give it to us now, our price will rise higher and higher. Until then, your son is in our possession,” the man stood up and left.

Sunmi’s father deeply sighed, “It’s worse than we thought. Let’s go back home, yeobo.”

~~~~~~

“Do you want to come to the park later with us, Sunmi?” Jongup asked Sunmi.

“The park?” she blinked.

“Yeah, we’re going to play basketball and Zelo says he’s going to skateboard,” Yongguk explained to her.

“And you can bring all your cousins too!” Zelo chirped. His hyungs glowered at his suggestion, but Zelo was no longer thinking badly of Exo since they gave him a signed skateboard.

Sunmi turned to Luhan, “Uh, are we busy?”

Luhan shrugged, “I don’t know. Let me check with your parents really quick.”

After a few minutes of persuading, Luhan turned off his phone and beamed, “We can go.”

Zelo quickly gave the location of the park and everyone went to their classes.

Sunmi wondered to herself. This street sounds really familiar…

During lunch, Sunmi sat down next to Eunji, “Do you want to come to the park too?”

Eunji accepted, “Sure! Why not, I have nothing better to do anyways.”

Himchan slightly bumped his elbow into Daehyun, and no one else noticed. Daehyun gave out a small cough and Himchan snickered to himself.

When Kai took out his binder to look at his homework, Zelo peeked and saw that on the front of Kai’s binder, it had a picture of the famous skateboarder Lee Jongmin along with his autograph on it.

“Ah!!!” Zelo jumped up. The whole cafeteria looked at him.

Jongup looked at him, “What is it?”

Turning to Kai, Zelo gasped, “Y-You h-have Lee Jongmin’s autograph!?!?!”

Kai looked at his binder, “Hmm? Oh, yeah. I do. I got it from Sehun-”

“You like Lee Jongmin too!?!?!” Zelo asked in a higher octave.

Chanyeol chuckled, “So do I. I got his autograph too-”

Zelo shrieked at both of them, “Are you serious!?!?! You guys are so cool man!”

Yongguk nudged him to sit down, and Zelo fanboyed with Kai and Chanyeol the entire lunch.

“Dude, when you guys come to the park, you have to show me your moves,” Zelo pleaded to Kai and Chanyeol.

Kai beamed, “Sure, we’d be happy to do that.”

Chanyeol winked to Sunmi, and she playfully rolled her eyes. Her guards surely did like to show off. What were they not talented with?

Sunmi and Exo went back home to change their clothes and got some of their homework done. She was told that her parents were still on the plane and were coming home tonight.

“Mm, it feels good to be able to get out of the house,” Sunmi told herself as she decided what to wear. In the end, she chose comfy exercise clothes.

Sunmi walked to the garage where Exo was waiting for her. Apparently, they would go in three separate cars to make themselves look less suspicious.

She opened the door and was surprised. The junior guards looked so… normal.

All of them wore street clothes, not their usual suits or school uniform. Sunmi’s eyes took in the different sight.

Kris looked down at his outfit, “Is something wrong with our clothes?”

She immediately shook her head, “No, you guys look… perfect,” and smiled.

Chanyeol laughed, “Yay! Sunmi approves! Woo!”

Baekhyun added, “All of Korea can see our handsomeness and style! Public, prepare your eyes!”

Everyone laughed and went into their assigned cars. Sunmi was in the middle car and D.O drove. Kai drove the car in front and Sehun drove the last car.  

D.O jokingly warned, “I’ll try not to crash.”

Sunmi giggled, “I trust you and your driving skills, but I don’t know about my parents.”

Baekhyun laughed, “Oh ho, more pressure for D.O.”

D.O evilly stared at Baekhyun, “You can’t even drive yet, so be quiet.” Baekhyun was silent the whole ride.

Chanyeol looked out the window, “Hey, isn’t this the way we go to school?”

Luhan answered, “Yeah, I think it’s the park we usually pass on our way.”

Sunmi froze. That park? The… park from my dreams?

Sunmi stuttered, “I think t-that’s the park from my dreams.”

Luhan, Chanyeol, and Baekhyun stared at her. Luhan murmured, “You’re right. It is.”

She started sweating, “Wh-what if… Youngjae wears the suit, and has the rose?”

D.O continued driving while the three other boys looked at each other.

Chanyeol finally smiled, “Well, congratulations then! But I don’t know if he’s going to wear a suit to play basketball.”

Sunmi bit her lip, “You’re right. And in my dream, it was just the two of us all alone with no one else in sight, so it probably won’t happen today.”

Luhan nodded, “Yeah, let me call the others to let them know as well that it’s going to be the park from your dreams.”

Sunmi willingly agreed, “Okay.”

Luhan called Suho in the front car, and Kris in the back car. By then, every junior guard was notified.

“Yay! We’re here!” Chanyeol clapped.

The thirteen of them emptied out of the cars and some of them took out their sports equipment.

“Hey Sunmi, did you know that Kris and Luhan are really good basketball players?” Tao told her.

“No, I didn’t know that. I’ll be happy to watch,” Sunmi looked at Luhan.

Luhan shook his head, “I’m not good. Basketball is fun, that’s all. And Chanyeol, go run ahead to the basketball hoops and tell us if Youngjae is wearing a suit. Let’s go have fun everybody!”

A few seconds later, Chanyeol came running back, “Youngjae is not wearing a suit.”

Sunmi sighed in relief, “Good, I am not prepared yet.”

Luhan reassured, “Don’t worry, the time will come when it’s ready.”

Kris cracked his neck from side to side, “Let’s play ball.”  

 

 

Did I just... update? Omg I finally did, in just two days, woah. But this is since I am currently on spring break, so I hope you readers liked this 'kinda' double update hahaha ^^ See you guys soon~