Part six

Another man's baby
 

image

"Do you really mean it?" I said taking her hands in mine. 

"Do you think this is something I would joke about?" She frowned trying to suppress the growing smiling on her face.

"This is the best day in my life." I said lightly placing a hand on her stomach. She smiled down at me and placed her hand on top of mine.

"You're so weird." She said flicking my hand off of her stomach.

"I just want to feel the baby kick!" I whined trying to dodge her quick and nimble hands.  "Oh please!" I said pouting as I kneel on the ground in front of her. 

She glared at me then nodded. "Only three seconds." She said taking my hands in hers and guiding them onto her stomach. She moves my hand around her stomach for a bit before she winces in pain. "Did you feel that?" 

"No." I said frowning at her, but I did, I felt a strong kick against my palm. She sighed and moved our hands again.

"There!" She said wincing again. "You little trouble maker." She said to her stomach. 

"Stop hurting your mommy, mini Jaejin." I  said staring at her stomach in fascination. I leaned in slowly brushing my lips against her shirt and kissing her tummy. "What?" I said to her when I noticed she was staring at me. 

"Nothing." Her tone of voice was cold. 

"Are we going to find out the gender of the baby soon?" I asked her excitedly as I stared at her adorable stomach. 

"I think in about three more weeks." She said getting up and walking to the kitchen. 

"We can go shopping for the crib and decorate the room together." I said following her in. 

"Yeah." She said walking out of the kitchen with her keys in her hand.

"Do you need to go somewhere?" I asked her , watching her  stuff her feet into the shoes and grab a coat. 

"It's fine, I'm just going to see my mom." She said with her hand on the knob. "Lock the door when you leave." She said ,disappearing.

I sighed and sat onto the sofa. "MY GOODNESS, WHAT MESS!" I shouted when I noticed the pile of dust on the coffee table. I scurried to the kitchen and got out the Windex bottle and a thick sheet of wiping paper.  "Does she not clean this house? She is with child, she should be more careful with her health." I mumbled to myself. I continued rummaging around the house for more dust until there was no more to be seen. 

I sighed and sat onto the sofa again looking around at the spotless apartment. It was already 4:30pm, she should be coming home soon. I sat there patiently and the tv. 

--------------------------------------------------------------

It was already 5pm and she still wasn't home yet and my stomach was rumbling. "She must be hungry too." I said smiling to myself. "Such a thoughtful man I am." I said as I grabbed my shoes and keys and headed to the car. 

I strolled down the aisles getting the best products money could buy, after all she was a pregnant woman and she needs lots of nutrition for the growing baby. "She loves these chips." I said picking up the package and reading the back. "What? 15 grams of sugar? What is this? Trying to kill people with the amount of sugar in this? What? Ludicrous. 560 calories per serving? No. No! I refuse to even look at you." I spoke to the chip and placing it back on the shelf. The woman down the aisle looks at me then steers her cart into another aisle. 

"IT HAD 560 CALORIES! THAT'S CRAZY!" I shouted after the woman. I paid for the groceries and carried the bags to my car down the street, but eyes caught the bakery that Jaejin loved so much. She would love some raspberry cheesecake wouldn't she? 

I continued walking to my car and placed the bags in the trunk before heading across the street to visit the bakery. Under the lights the baked goods looked fantastic. 

"What can I help you with?" The woman behind the counter said to me. 

"I'd like to have that raspberry cheesecake please." I said pointing at through the glass.

"Ah, juding by your smile, it is for your girlfriend?" She said as she took it out. 

"Not quite, I'm working on it." I said shyly. 

"I'd love any guy that bought me a cheesecake." She said placing it into a box and heading toward the cash register. " It will be $21.50." 

"Keep the change." I said , handing her a twenty and a ten dollar bill. I smiled down at the box in my hand. I turned to around and headed toward the door. A couple sat by the window where they could look out at the crowd passing by. My favorite seat, I hope these two lovely people end up together. They sipped their coffee and fed eat other cake. I smiled and continued walking out. 

"Hahaha, oppaa~" I whipped my head around at the sound of that voice. I would recognize it anywhere. 

tumblr_inline_mu5rr4EPPq1qfdx1m.gif

"Kimmy?" I said walking toward the table. 

"Oppa!"She said getting up from the table to hug me. "It has been so long!" She said looking at me. I greeted the man at the table.  "You remember Bobby?" 

I looked at her and nodded. 

"That's him." She said smiling wide.

"Bobby?" I said smiling too, Bobby stood up and hugged me. "You're so grown up!" 


"My dorky brother and my dorky friend, reunited.. everybody watch out!" Kimmy said sarcastically. 

"Why are you guys here? I thought you guys moved to Germany three years ago!" I said joining them at the table.

"We came back cause we missed you." Bobby said playfully winking at me. 

"What are you guys doing now?" I addressed both of them.

"I'm back to study and she is here on her internship for a biochemistry lab." Bobby said.

"Wow, that's great, you're both doing what you wanted." I said smiling at them. 

"I'll buy you a latte." Bobby said getting up.

"No, no." I said stopping him. 

"It's the least I can do. You helped me pay for my first year of college, a minuscule latte is nothing compared to that." He said walking toward the rows of baked goods.

"Nice kid." I said looking back at Kimmy. She didn't age a day, she still looked like the girl I met ten years ago. That little girl I swore I would protect and love as a little sister.

"Yeah, all thanks to you." She said smiling back at me.

"No." I said shyly

"Byunghee." 

"Hm?" I said not looking at her, but shyly looking at the cheesecake box.

"What are you doing here? I called you twenty minutes ago." Jaejin said towering over the table. 

"Oh, your girlfriend?" Kimmy said smiling up at her. 

"No..." I said not meeting both of their eyes.

"Yes, he is. Come on." Jaejin said grabbing me by my hand and tugging me out the door.