Part ten

Another man's baby

"Good morning." I said as Jaejin walked into her kitchen with a puzzled face.

"I should really change the lock." She said maneuvering around me to get the chip bag. I slapped her hand, "No, I'm almost done cooking." I said pushing her away.

"Who told you to even come here! Didn't I tell you to not come back!" She said frustrated by my presence.

"Until your boyfriend comes back, I'll be here, making sure you don't faint from malnutrition." I said tossing the meat. I could see that was drooling from the aroma of the fresh sizzling meat. 

"Well, good luck. He is coming back tonight." She said walking out of the kitchen. I followed her out with the sizzling pan still in my hand. 

"Good, I'd like a word with him." I said returning to the kitchen and placing the pan back on the stove. I chopped the lettuce into tiny shreds and placed them onto a plate. 

"Yeah, right, he will totally beat you up." She said turning on the TV. 

"They don't call me the face of steel for no reason." I shouted back.

"No one calls you that, not even in you're dreams." She said with a hint of a giggle in her voice.

"Hurry up! I'm hungry!" She shouted from the living room. I smiled, she had let me back into her heart already. It was as if nothing had gone wrong between us. 

"Okay!" I shouted as I placed the meat on top of the lettuce. 

---------------------------------------------------------------------

"You watched me eat every single piece of rice, can you go home now?"She asked as she lazily flipped through the channels. 

"No." I said hugging a white bunny couch pillow. 

"You're so annoying, why can't you just leave me alone! I told you, I don't want you around me." She said turning toward me and slapping my arm. I held the hand she used to slap my arm.

"Why? Give me a good reason why I should drop our years of friendship, and I'll do it." I looked straight into her eyes, her lips quivered and she blinked rapidly. 

"You're annoying, I just don't want you to take care of me." She said trying to pry my fingers off of her wrist.

"Why not? I told you, I don't even care if I'm romantically involved with you or not. I just want to take care of you. I'm not like those guys." 

"I know you're not. You don't get it? You're mom has always wanted you to marry a pristine and proper girl. I'm pregnant with my ex and not married do you really think your mom would really approve?" She finally said something, it was a sign that she was opening her heart to me. She wasn't giving me the same excuse about how I was too good for her, she was giving me the foundation of the problem now.

"Stop using my mom as an excuse, you know I love her,but her words aren't enough to stop me." 

"Stop. Let's stop talking about this." She said getting up and putting her slippers on. 

"No! You always do this." 

"Ugh, can you just stop! I'm not use to guys being so nice and considerate." She said spinning around to face me, her face was clearly annoyed.

"Can't we just be honest?" I said raising my eyebrows at her.

"You want honesty? Fine! I don't have a boyfriend. I paid that guy, I did all of it on purpose so you'd stay away. You wanna know why? Because you're wasting your life on me. You're wasting your life with a girl who will never love you. Stop." She held a hand in front of me and hushed me. "Don't say it, I know you'll say you're okay with it, I'm not. When are you going to get it through you head? I'm damaged goods, you're the brand new BMW car, go be with your own kind." She sighed and her eyes soften as she looked up at me."Lock the door when you leave." She said walking down the hall and closing her door quietly. 

"So.. tomorrow I'll pick you up and we'll go buy a crib?"  I yelled down the hall at her. My phone rang in my pocket.

"-___________-.. yes." Jaejin texted. 

"Bye." I shouted as I put on my shoes and headed out the door. 

 

 

 

 

Okay, this is where the real story begins...