Part two

Another man's baby

tumblr_inline_mtcb8rs2bF1qfdx1m.gif

 

"You what?" I said gripping the sides of the table.

She began to sob into her hands. I sighed and scooted my chair closer to hers. 

"What happened with your boyfriend this time, Jae?"

"He left me when I told him I was pregnant." She sadly looked down at her lap. This time I really looked at the girl sitting next to me,  she didn't seem like my friend anymore. Her hair wasn't full of shine and luster, her smile wasn't sincere. She looked broken,weak, and fragile. I took her cold and delicate hands into mine and leaned her head on my shoulder.

"Jaejin-ah, it's okay. I'll help you through this." I said as I patted her hands. I felt her tears drop onto my shirt and touch my bare skin. I still loved her as much as I did when I first met her, even though she was having another man's baby. I just wished that things went differently. 

--------------

Daydreaming..

"Byunghee-ah." She would have said softly, sweeping her red fringes away from her face.

"Yes." I would say back, smiling.

"I've like you since we met and I dated other guys so I could gain experience and be the perfect girlfriend for you when you would finally express that you liked me back. I was -"  She would say but I would interrupt her and lean in for a kiss.

tumblr_inline_mtcbpwwdGA1qfdx1m.gif

 

She would look at me with her wide eyes and say to me, "Oppa" and I would have finally said, "I've waited for so long to do that, Jaejin." She would smile and rest her head on my shoulder. We both would silently sit next to each other with so much to say, but we would contain it underneath our smiles and enjoy that moment.

----------------

"Oppa!" Jaejin said waking me up from my daydream. 

"Hm?" I said startled. 

"Will you help me?" She said looking intently at me.

"With what?"

"Did you even listen to me?" 

"Uh.." I said trying my best to remember what she was saying.

"Ugh." She groaned hitting my shoulder.

"Sorry! I'll listen, tell me again."

She rolled her eyes and started talking, "My mom is coming to visit and I need you to pretend to be my boyfriend." 

I stared at her while processing her words, all I heard was. "Be my boyfriend." 

"Yes!" I shouted  when I heard those words. She looked relieved as she came toward me with open arms hugging me. 

"Thank you so much. My mom is coming next week."

"Umhm." I mumbled with my eyes still closed. "Wait, what? Your mom?" I said facing her. 

"You didn't listen again?!" She pushed me and started to gather her things. 

"Wait, I'm sorry. Even though I don't know what you just said, I'll do it. I'll do it because you asked me to."

She stopped gathering her things and looked back at me. 

"Really?"

"Anything."

"Okay then, there is one  thing."

"Name it."

"Go shopping with me?"

"No. No. No. Absolutely not."