Part four

Another man's baby

Recap: Jaejin just rejected GO's love and was sent home. On his way out he meets Jaejin's ex-boyfriend, who is about to go up and see her. Now he has to decided to walk away from the situation or stop them from meeting.

 

 

"MARRY ME!" I screamed at Jaejin once she opened the door. 

image

I pushed George aside and got down on one knee with the flowers I quickly picked from her yard. 

"Are those my flowers from the yard?" She said glaring down at me. 

"That is not the point right now. Marry me." I said offering her the flowers again. 

"Oppa, can you please get up. Let's not do this right now." 

"I will not let you talk to this bastard, most definitely not let you be alone with him." 

"Oppa." She said through her gritted teeth. "Excuse us." She said shutting the door on George and pulling me inside. I stuck my tongue out at him. 

"What kind of trick are you trying to play?" She said pushing me onto the sofa.

"I just don't trust him. I don't think you should fall into his trap again." I said sitting on the edge of my seat and reach towards her.

"I'm not! You're always so over protective of me! I called him over to get his things out of my apartment." 

"Oh." I said I smiling sweetly at her. 

"Please go home." She said pushing me towards the door.

"Come in." She said to George who was now sticking his tongue at me. I glared at him as I stood by Jaejin protectively. 

"You didn't call me here to beg for me back are you?" He said throwing off his jacket onto the sofa and crossing his legs arrogantly as he settled into the sofa. "Cause that would be a tad pathetic." 

"You-" I said balling my fist up about to lunge forward and punch him. Jaejin held me back and smiled sweetly at George. She her heels and walked down the hall into one of the rooms and quietly came out with a box in her arms and another by her leg.

"Take your and get out." She said  throwing them at  his direction. It landed right on his head. "Go pack your things and take it out of my apartment or I'll have you skinned alive , you pathetic loser. You know who is really pathetic? You are. The one who left me crying on the floor and your unborn baby. You know what, it isn't Byunghee's baby and he is taking better care of it than you!" She said as she came closer to him with her a hanger in her hand. He jumped off the couch and stood in a far corner dodging her. 

"You should have kept your legs closed then, crazy !" He screamed as she threw the hanger at him and that hit his leg. He yelped in pain as he ran around the table trying to avoid her. I stood by the doorway laughing my head off.

"What's going on?" A voice said from behind me. I turned to see Jaejin's mother had return. I stood silent and so did they as her mother scanned the environment. I hopped over to George and pulled him out of the house.

"Jae?" Her mother's voice could be heard down the hall. It sensed it in her voice, she was angry. 

"Go." I said to George he looked at me crazily and walked down the stairs slowly.

"You're both crazy." He screamed back at me. I walked back into her apartment watching her clean the contents that fell out of the boxes. I bent down to help her.

"Can you tell me what was going on?" Her mother said from near the kitchen ,she came over to us holding a hanger. We smiled at each other.

"Jae." Her mother said with a dangerous tone in her voice.

"Mother, that guy was my ex-boyfriend and Byunghee isn't really my boyfriend either." She said to her mother. I stared at her dumbfounded, why would she confess now?

"Excuse me?" She said putting her hands on her hips and looking at me. Her eyes burnt a hole in my soul, I whimpered as my eyes met hers.

"Umma, we wanted to tell you but-"

"We are getting married." I said finishing her sentence. "She decided to finally accept. Right Jae-ah?" I said softly putting an arm around her waist. She glared up at me. "Don't be mad, I can't help it. I want everyone to know." I said smiling sweetly at her.

"Then what is with all this mess?" Her mother said suspiciously.

"Shush sweetie, I wanna tell this romantic story." I said silencing her with my hand. "I pretended to go throw out the trash and then I pretended I got locked out. Then I proposed to her  when she opened the door for me and well that guy was moving in upstairs and saw what was happening and decided to come in and celebrate with us and opened his box and threw it. He was a weird fella." I looked at her mother, batting my eyelashes hoping she would buy the story.

"That all happened in the thirty minutes that I was gone? I shouldn't have come back for my phone. Any way, I'm going to visit a friend, don't bother waiting up for me." She said grabbing her purse and a box of cookies.

"Sorry, you always get involved." Jae said holding the cardboard box against her hip.

"It's fine." I said picking up the last of the trash. I took the box she was holding and walked toward the door. "Lock the door." 

"Oppa." She said when I was half down the stairs. "Come with me to the doctor tomorrow?" 

"I'll think about it." I said smiling back at her and walking toward the dumpster to dispose of the bastard's stuff.