chapter 16

One Kiss and You Become Mine. *Editing*

Baekhyun took chanyeol  to his house, he was not a shamed of it anymore, if chanyeol really did love him he will accept baekhyun whatever he have, but he was still a little nerves about it, he is not so proud about it, but it’s not like can offer another thing.

He now that chanyeol is rich, and properly didn’t see anything so law like this before, but whatever, if chanyeol won’t accept him because of where he live so he is ready to let go, he has been living here for more than five years.

They walked throw the dark street and chanyeol wonder if baekhyun walk every day in this dark, if it was for him he would be crying now if he was alone.

He wasn’t disgust or anything, he was just sad that baekhyun has to live in place like this, only if he knew him sooner, he could have helped him a little.

He saw baekhyun walking beside him looking nervous for some reasons and chanyeol notice baekhyun hand in the middle of his upper chest, a move he saw baekhyun make a lot of times and he wonder what does it mean.

Is it a move out of happen? Or there is something bother him there?

Maybe he should ask since there is nothing to talk about anyway.

“Baek” chanyeol called softly as if he is afraid to disturbed the silent around them.

Baekhyun tense when he heard his name and he thought that chanyeol going to say his comments about the street baekhyun live in since it wasn’t that fancy, in matter of fact it looked like one of this empty street where they do horror movies.

“Hum?” baekhyun hummed afraid to look at chanyeol.

“Whenever you’re nervous your hand always seems to rub at the same spot why?” he asked.

“Huh?” baekhyun was taking back by the question.

He looked down at his chest and indeed his hand was there, then he remembered something.

“Oh my god.” He stops walking now looking at his chest.

Chanyeol panicked for a while regretting that he even ask the shorter boy, he was going to apologize for asking but baekhyun beat him in talking first.

“My necklace…” baekhyun mumble.

“What?” chanyeol asked confused.

“my mother got me a necklace before she left me, I always put it on and when I got scared or nervous I would hold it, it would give me strength, but I lost it a while ago, and forget to search about” baekhyun said still rubbing the spot where the necklace should be.

“Necklace?” chanyeol asked and then he remember the one in his house, now when he recalls it that boy did have the same body as baekhyun, could be him?

He didn’t want to tell baekhyun yet, what if it wasn’t it and he would give the boy false hope.

I will show it to him later…

“We are here.” Baekhyun mumble taking chanyeol from his thought, he didn’t relies that they arrive.

Chanyeol start at the old wooden door, its look like a small push could break it down, baekhyun open the door and walked in, chanyeol behind him doing the same.

“uh yeah, this is my home, make yourself comfortable” baekhyun said rubbing the back of his neck.

Baekhyun leave the room and walked in what chanyeol can see the kitchen, it wasn’t hard to know, it clear the ‘home’ was a room and kitchen and bathroom, the place looked like it was made long time ago, and it isn’t livable, he feel the pain in his heart just thinking that baekhyun live most of his live here, leave alone that there was nobody with him, it’s right that chanyeol parents rarely home, but he have a few maids that stay with him beside his friends, and his parents would sometimes call.

Baekhyun came back with a glass of water in his hand “it’s all what I found there.” He said pointing into the kitchen.

Chanyeol smiled at him and accept the glass taking a long sip from it.

Baekhyun moved to his bed and sit there, since there is no other place to sit on except the floor and he pat the space next to him inviting chanyeol to set next to him.

“Sorry, my house isn’t very fancy, but I guess it was enough for me” baekhyun start staring at the cracking wall.

“It’s okay, really I’m just mad at you mother now” chanyeol said.

Baekhyun didn’t say anything and only stare at the wall, it’s now or never, for the first time he is going to say it… all

Baekhyun took a deep breath and closed his eyes, time he is going to tell everything out, sure kyungsoo know something but wasn’t all.

All what kyungsoo knew is that his Mather ditches him with his ‘sick father’ and after a while his father died and since then he start to live alone, but that is not even half the story.

“You don’t have to tell me if it’s hard for you” chanyeol said putting baekhyun small hand in his.

“No, I don’t have but I want to tell you…” baekhyun said.

Chanyeol just nodded waiting for the older to start talking.

“It’s all start when I was eight…”

=FLASHBACK=

Little baekhyun was sitting on the chair looking at the yummy  food in front of his eyes.

“Mummy, can I eat? I’m so hungry.” Baekhyun whine at his mother who was trying to connect his father on the phone.

“Just wait a little baby, you dad should be home by now.” His mother replied worry shown in her voice.

“Is Daddy okay?” baekhyun asked looking up at his mother.

“yes honey, you know what you eat now so you can sleep, you have school tomorrow.” his mother said putting a fair amount of food for a eight years old boy in front of him before trying to connect her husband again.

Baekhyun nodded happily and start eating.

After a while his mother gives up and sits beside baekhyun watching him eat and cleaning any mess he would make.

She was whipping the kid lips from the soup when, Her phone light up showing that she have a call and a smile appear on her face when she saw the caller.

“Hey honey, why—“his mother stop talking and stand up in a panic manner “what? Oh Seoul hospital? Yes I know it… I will be right there.” she said and after the call ended she start crying.

“Mummy? What wrong?” baekhyun stopped eating when he saw his mother tears and walked to her pulling her shirt down, she crouch to his level and she was still crying he whipped her tears with his small hands.

“Baekkie, baby we should go to the hospital now.” his mother said picking him up putting his shoes before changing her clothes fast and both of them walked out of the house.

The drive to the hospital was fast and baekhyun still didn’t understand anything. He just sit there listing to his mother silent sobs not knowing what should he do to make her feel better.

When they arrive he remembers waiting in a long lobby and his mother crying and crying, he tried to make her stop but he didn’t know what is happening.

So he did the only think he could, he sit next to her crying with her, he don’t know why his mother is crying, but when he see his mother sad he become sad.

After what it seem for hours baekhyun fall asleep on one of the many chairs he was waked up again by his mum yelling at a tall man wearing a while coat.

He run to her and hug her tight since she was already sitting on the floor.

He didn’t know why his mother crying but all what he knows that he must make his mother feel better.

He felt his mother hugging him back and suddenly he felt tears in his eyes, seeing his mother crying made him cry too… again

“Mummy, why are you crying?” he finally asked when she stopped crying.

“Your dad, had a little accident on the way home and he hit his head, and now he won’t wake up.” his mother said tears start to form again in her eyes, she tried to make it as simple for the little boy to understand but no matter how she said it, it’s still painful.

“He is a sleep? Maybe he is just tired, try to wake him in the morning.” Baekhyun said still not understanding why his mother cries.

His mother just kisses the top of his head and hug him tight.

After that night everything change, he went to see his father with his mother and she was right he was sleep, but when he tried to wake him up he failed.

He would see his mother sitting next to his dad just crying and praying for him to wake up, he would just do the same thing wishing for his father to open his eyes and smile to him like what he always do.

He then learned that his father is not sleeping but he is in a coma, as the nurse told him that the hit was so hard on his head that made fall in a long sleep and he may not wake up at all.

When baekhyun heard that he finally understand what does it mean, and that night he cried with his mother all night, he remembered everything his dad did to him, like when he drive him to school and tell funny stories on the way, or how he would take him to the store and buy him candy and tell him to keep it a secret from his mother, and many more, his father was the best father in the world and seeing him helpless like this hurt the eight years old boy.

A week pass like that and baekhyun couldn’t miss more days of school so his mother hires a babysitter to take care of him.

She was nice to baekhyun and she told him that his father is just resting and he soon will wake up again.

And soon enough his words become true and his father did wake up, he and his mother couldn’t be any happier.

But from the moment his father wakes up his life change… for the worst.

He wasn’t normal any more.

Baekhyun was just so little to understand anything but he was just happy that his dad was awake.

But the first shock baekhyun face is when his father didn’t notice him.

He cry to his mum and she told him that the hit affect his mind, she told him to understand his father and never got mad at him, baekhyun just nodded to everything his mother told him.

After three days his father was home, baekhyun saw weird thing, firsyr of all he call his mother “mummy” not honey or love like he used to do, he was joules , he was the only one allowed to call her that. He let it pass since he was just happy that his father wake up.

But things didn’t stop here, his dad start take baekhyun game from him, if baekhyun stop him he would start crying and call “mummy”

Baekhyun was so confused he didn’t understand anything.

His father was not the same anymore, he stopped driving him to school, he stopped reading stories in the night, he acted in very weird way, he act more like… a baby.

One day baekhyun wake up to see the his school bags was open and all his book laying on the floor some tore apart and other have crayon painting on them.

He knew that it was his dad working, he run to his parents’ room and cry to his mum, but she did nothing and try to tell baekhyun that his father is sick and he should understand.

She always tells him to understand, understand what?

He felt so unfair and just run to his room crying on his bed, he want his dad, his old dad back.

That one that would kiss baekhyun goodbye before going to the work, the one who would spin baekhyun around the room and tell him how much he is proud to have a son like him when he show him a high score in an exam, the one that would give baekhyun sweets behind his mother back since she said it’s unhealthy.

Not this dad who act like a child.

Two days after that he walked to his father only to find him wet himself, and it was the first time but definitely not the last, he would wet himself a lot of times, in his sleep or even when he is awake.

His mother tried to explain in the simplest way what’s wrong with her husband, to her baby boy.

“Baby Baek, come here” she said patting the space beside her on the sofa.

When baekhyun was seated she hugged him “it must be hard for you right?” she asked and baekhyun nodded.

“your dad, is sick now he can’t remember anything anymore, and he think that he is a kid the doctor said there is a slim chance that he would come back to normal” baekhyun just nodded starting to understand what is happening.

“the chance is so slim but it’s our only hope, let’s just pray for your dad, for the mean time let’s just work our best okay?” his mother said smiling, and baekhyun knew that the smile is fake, but he didn’t want to hurt his mother more he just smile back.

++++++++++++++++++++++

After that day baekhyun life turns to hell, he start to notice the change in his mother, she become thinner and she looked tired all the time, she would go from early in the morning for her job, since his dad can’t work anymore and she would come back at the end of the night when baekhyun and his dad are sleep.

His mother hire again the same baby sitter and baekhyun was happy to see her but now she didn’t come back only for him, but to his dad, since he also have school to attend and they can’t leave him alone.

She was okay working for a grown up man who acting like a baby, first it was awkward but she got used to it fast, and she start to treat him like any boy she babysit him.

______________

Days pass like this and one night he hear crying in the middle of the night, it was his mother who were crying alone in the kitchen.

When she saw him she whipped her tears and act like nothing but he did leave her till she told him.

The expenses were getting to much the house rent and the water and electricity bells also the school fees and the babysitter.

Baekhyun was feeling bad and he starts to think of a way to help his mother. But there is nothing an eight and a half years old boy can do.

_______________________

Finally it was getting to much and in the end his mother couldn’t keep the babysitter, she decide to leave her husband sleeping in the house and told baekhyun to take care of him when he comeback from the school, an idea pop in baekhyun small head and he decide to leave the school and watch his father.

The first few days his mother  felt weird that that nothing happen when her husband was home alone, but one day the school contact her telling her that he son was missing the school for a while and it’s click to her why his father was safe alone.

At that night she scolded baekhyun and told him to go back to school and he should worry about anything.

But he refused and told her he want to help her and the school is not important right now, since the little boy have a point she allowed him to leave the school this year in the condition of returning to it next year, and he agreed. She knew that it’s wrong but it was so much that she could think right anymore.

 Life was hard on both of them.

So days pass in the same routine, his mother would go to her jobs leaving him with his dad, it was to take care of him since he was a child with a big body, bigger than baekhyun.

Sometimes when baekhyun would be cleaning after his father he could see the kids coming back from the school or play in the street, he would wish if he could just leave everything and go play with them, but he know that he can’t do that, he had promised to help his mother.

He collected all his games and little toys and give it to his father and he stopped playing around, and just forget his childhood to take care of another child.

His mother never saw how much it was for her little son, because she was busy with other stuff such as paying all the bills and making sure that there enough food in the house.

To all honesty it was as hard for her, it was like she live in the same routine, but she still love her family and must fight for them.

Things stayed like that, and two years already pass and baekhyun was still out of school but he already get use to this kind of life, he was ten years already and he knew how to deal with his dad.

His dad was still the same; they would take him to his check up, but nothing change, his mental health was nowhere near okay.

He and his mother barely see each other since she would go out to work as soon as the sun rise and she would come back when baekhyun and her husband a sleep.

She didn’t know how much it was difficult is to deal with a grown up act like adult since she now never take care of him, sometimes she would forget that her husband was in a car accident but then when she go back home she would remember, she felt bad to leave all that work to the little boy who should enjoy and play, he was too young to face the harsh life, but there is nothing she can do… if they want to live she have to work all day long.

Things stayed in the same form, Till she finally break and couldn’t  do it anymore, she finally decide to leave this life behind her, she could keep this life, she got sick of it… so in the end she left.

It hurt her to leave his son and husband but her mind was too much stressed she couldn’t think straight and made her biggest mistake.

That left a huge impact on the little boy when he saw his mother walking out the house saying that she will come back soon.

After a few days the nightmare that follow him every night happened.

There was a storm in the city and wind cut the electricity in the byun household.

Baekhyun was scared, he tried to hid under his cover, foot step was heard coming closer and closer till the door opened roughly , it hit the wall behind it hard, and his father with a messy hear and tear stain face was standing in front of the door.

“b-Baek” his father called crying and baekhyun force himself to forget his fear to calm his father.

He left that bed walking to his father with a shaky step and pull him to the bed, he caress his face telling funny stories and sing for him till his father fall asleep, but baekhyun couldn’t sleep anymore, he just stayed awake thinking why is life is so hard to take his mother, his father, his toys, his school, but mostly his childhood.

But soon become days and days become months and moths become a year.

And baekhyun was sink in the dark side of the world, he was lost he would take care of his dad like any day thinking that his mother will open the day any moments, he was eleven now and they live on the small amount of money she would sent to them, and all the bills were paid by her, but no matter how much he tried looking for her, he would never found her.

Every night he would sit on the floor of his room and crying for hours, it was too much for him he couldn’t do it.

At the age of twelve his mother stopped sending the money or even paying the bill so he starts working.

He would wake up and make sure that his father is feed and wear clean clothes then he would lock him in what used to be his father and mother room, since he remove anything his father could hurt himself with.

Then he would work and go back to the house taking care of his father who would always find him crying and put him in bed before crying himself to sleep.

At the age of thirteen the state was still the same, nothing changes.

One day baekhyun was so tired that he even forget to lock the room and went to work, when he when his job is done he walked to his house only to find it burning and the police and fire men were also there trying to end the fire.

He screamed running to burning building yelling his father name but it was already late, his father was dead, not because of the fire but because of the smoke, he was gone before the fire could reach him.

He blamed himself and at first he thinks that he should follow his father and end his life, but he was afraid to die, he didn’t want to die just yet.

After that he moved out to the room he live at now, and took an exam to enter the school again, nightmares were still follow him till now, but he would always put the bad thought in the back of mind.

He hates his life, he hates his mum, he hates his dad, he hates himself…

*END FLASHBACK*

Chanyeol could only hug baekhyun who was crying so hard now that he can barely breathe.

Chanyeol could feel his own tears in his eyes, but he can’t cry he has to stay strong for baekhyun.

He can’t imagine what kind of pain baekhyun was into all that years, even his mother couldn’t handle it and she is a grownup adult, now chanyeol would never look at that woman the same again

After his dad accident he never saw one happy moment, and everyday thing would be harder and harder.

Chanyeol hug baekhyun tightly and whispered sweet nothing at his ears trying to make him feel better.

After a while baekhyun cries turn into silent sniffs but chanyeol was still hugging him.

“I’m here right now, I would never leave you” chanyeol said rubbing baekhyun head.

“I finally feel free” baekhyun said more like whispered. “I feel so much better after I let it all out” he then said smiling a little.

“Glad to see you smiling past is past, and I’m here so if you want to tell me anything goes ahead.”

Baekhyun only smiled at chanyeol words, really how lucky he is to find chanyeol?

“There is something else” baekhyun said breaking the hug.

“What?” chanyeol asked looking at the smaller boy.

“My m-mother…” baekhyun mumble recalling today meeting “she wants me to live with her and her new family.”

“What do you want to do?” chanyeol asked him, although he hate his mother now, but maybe lifting a few thing of baekhyun shoulder would be fine, and maybe his mother feel guilty, of course it’s wrong what she did, but still no one can blame her, she went through a lot, no one can blame her but baekhyun.

“I don’t know, I mean I’m sick of living alone in this y room, but also I’m not sure If I’m cable of meeting her every day, and living with her, I want to forgive her, but I can’t it’s just hurt too much”

Chanyeol only nodded, he still understands baekhyun although he couldn’t imagine what is it like to have a piece of what baekhyun had, but he know it is kind of hard to trust his mother again after what she did.

“Chanyeol.” Baekhyun called and chanyeol hummed in response.

“What should I do?” baekhyun asked in a broken voice and chanyeol almost cry at how painful it sounds.

“it’s up to you…” he start “but you know, I think you should give yourself a break, you have been working for ever, just try it for a while, if you didn’t like it I would always be here for you. I would be more than happy to take you in with me.” chanyeol said. He wasn’t joking tho.

It’s good to live with people again, and stop working… there is so much in the world for baekhyun to see and chanyeol would make sure to do whatever he can to bring a free smile on his boyfriend lips.

Baekhyun couldn’t have the chance to live as kid nor a teenager boy, but it’s never too late.

Chanyeol notice the lake of response from the shorty, so he glances at him only to find him asleep.

“I think letting everything from ten years ago was too much for you.” chanyeol showed a soft smile kissing baekhyun’s forehead.

“I love you.” chanyeol said before lying on the bed baekhyun right above him and he too went to his own dream land, where there is baekhyun who is smiling like there is no worry in the world.

Chanyeol promised himself that he will bring that smile to baekhyun, even if it’s mean his life.

 

 

_______________________________________________________________________________ so here is the update :) and I will beta it later kay? here you got a looooooooooong update only for you :) it's 4363 words and WHAT???? 30 upvote?? really ??? you guys are so nice. and 2 subbs?? i love you all I really do ♥ and what do you think of the chapter?? plz leave your feed back :D