Hopelessness

Caffeinated Love [Hiatus]

Hopelessness


  It had been one week. One week since I saw Yongguk. Sighing dejectedly for the umpteenth time, I gave up all hope of ever seeing him again. Perhaps it was just a wild dream.
 
  My fingers had healed already, leaving behind their footprints in the form of memories. I brought them up to my face and stared, a little sad. My fingers would now always remind me of him. He was kind of nice in a simple way an-
 
  "Hello." This word floated up in the silence, jolting me out of my reverie. I jumped a little at the suddenness of it, but quickly regained my composure. My eyes darted to the figure in front of me and I gasped.
 
  It was him. Yongguk.
 
  "Oh hello. Nice to see you again. What would you like to order?" I bowed a little, looking back up at him.
 
  His body was clad in a tight white tee with a denim blue jacket worn over it, ed at only the top two buttons. On his head rested a snap back, and in front of his eyes a pair of shades.
 
  "How's your hand?" He asked instead, drawing me back from my admiration of his body, his worried gaze making me fidget a little. "It's fine. Doesn't hurt anymore," I smiled and reassured him, waving at him with my now good hand. "Okay, that's good. Great even." He flashed me a charming grin.
 
  "So what would you like to have?" I prompted again. "What do you usually have?" He asked in place of an answer. "Uhmm.. I usually have a caramel macchiato." "Okay, one of that, and an iced double shot espresso."
 
  My heart fell. Was he expecting someone? Perhaps his girlfriend? If he wasn't, why would he order two drinks?
 
  "T-that would be $6 in total." I said to him, a little sad. "Here." He took out the money and placed it in my hands. "Thank you. Please wait a while for your drinks." I looked up and smiled at him feebly.
 
  "What's wrong?" He asked, eyebrows knitted together with worry. "No, it's nothing," I shook my head. "I'll go get you your orders." I turned away from him and walked towards Anna.
 
  "Caramel macchiato and an iced double shot espresso." I said to Anna, sighing inwardly. "You look a little sad. Why is that?" She said, poking me a little, before she turned her back to me to face the coffee machine.
 
  "It's just... Do you remember that beautiful stranger that came last week? The one who accidentally spilled the coffee?" I asked her. "Mmhmm.." Anna answered, pressing buttons on the coffee machine. "He came in alone today but ordered these two drinks. So he might already have a girlfriend..." I replied, looking away. I could hear the trickling of the coffee into the cup. "So why are you so bothered? He's just a customer." I could feel my cheeks heat up at her words. "W-wha-" "A cliché case of love at first sight?" She prodded on, eyes focused on the caramel macchiato she was making.
 
  I remained silent, pondering over it. She had a point - he is just a stranger, why am I getting so worked up over it? Anna patted my back and placed both of the beverages on the tray, before holding it out for me. I took it without a word, heading out towards Yongguk.