Older Brother

Caffeinated Love [Hiatus]
Older Brother

  I sighed, closing my eyes. Random thoughts washed over me. 'I'm bored.' 'I miss my brother... When I see him next I'm going to poke him in the eye for leaving me.' 'Arghhhhhhhh.' 'Can I have mango juice?' 'I want to read...'

 

  When the onslaught of thoughts ended, I opened my eyes to find Yongguk approaching me with a glass of iced water. He had commented that "a caramel macchiato everyday might bring a doctor this way" and for fear of my well being, decided that he would take it upon himself to bring me iced water instead, complete with a slice of lemon. Just the way I liked it.
 
  "Thanks," I said wearily and took the cup from his hand, noticing the bracelet he wore on his wrist. He had on a black apron similar to mine, thrown over a plain navy blue tee and denim bermudas, complemented by a long sliver necklace. He offered me a smile when he saw that I was looking.
 
  Yongguk's eye bags had disappeared, I noted, relieved, as it meant that he was having ample rest at home. I held his eyes, a tiny smile tugging on my lips. We stayed like that for a while in comfortable silence. His smile never left him.
 
  The wind chimes clinked and I was about to set my cup down to attend to the customer, but Yongguk held out his hand. "I'll take his order," he replied, walking briskly to the counter.
 
  "Hello," Yongguk greeted him. "I would like an iced espresso."
 
  That deep voice...
 
  My eyes widened in recognition and my head shot towards their direction, taking in the appearance of the new customer.
 
  "Oppa!" I rushed out of the counter and bounded over to him, taking delight in his startled expression. He laughed after getting over his shock, pulling me into a hug.
 
  "You're back, Oppa. You're finally back!" I exclaimed, tears pricking at my eyes. I was determined not to let them fall, not wanting my brother see that I was close to crying. "Yeah, I'm back..." He agreed, chin brushing against my hair as he nodded. "I missed you, baby sister," he added, nuzzling my hair, inhaling deeply before pulling away from the hug.
 
  "Yongguk, meet my brother, Choi S-" "Mr Choi Seunghyun right?" Yongguk interrupted, chuckling. "Hello to you too, Mr Bang Yongguk," Seunghyun smiled at him.
 
  "Wait... You two know each other?" I asked, looking from one to the other. "Yes. Well, sort of. Your brother is famous as an underground rapper, under the stage name of Tempo," Yongguk replied. I looked at my brother, shocked, and happened to catch him shoot Yongguk an alarmed expression.
 
  "Oops," Yongguk rubbed the back of his neck.
 
  "Well, the cat is out of the bag now," My brother exhaled, looking down at me. "Mum didn't really support my passion for music, so I had to do so in secret." He pouted, eliciting laughter from me. "And I guess you know, but Yongguk here is a lyricist worth a few million bucks." Yongguk blushed, a rare occurrence. Not only his cheeks, but the tips of his ears, were red too. I chuckled quietly at my observation.
 
  "I didn't know you worked here, baby sister," my brother commented, patting my head. "I'll get your order now," Yongguk excused himself, heading to the kitchen. My eyes unconsciously followed him until he disappeared behind the kitchen's door.
 
  "Ooooooh, I see you've gotten yourself a boyfriend?" Seunghyun Oppa commented, laughing as I slapped his arm playfully. "We're not together," I replied. "A crush then?" He prodded, and after much hesitation, eliciting a blush and a tiny nod from me. No use lying to Oppa since he was bound to find out soon enough. ''By the way, I left my luggage at our house already.'' He said, glancing out of the corners of his eye, but I paid no heed to it.
 
Recalling my thoughts from before, I poked him in the eye. Softly but hard enough to hurt. "Ow!" He yelled, hand flying over to cup his eye. He glared at me with his good eye.
 
"That's for leaving me, Oppa." He sighed, ruffling my hair with his other hand.
 
  "I'm back now, baby sister." 
  
  I felt reassured.
 
 
 
A/N : Had to add Choi Seunghyun 'TOP' into it XD It's Choivember after all.