Break Time

Caffeinated Love [Hiatus]

Break Time


  I blushed, making my way towards him. Taking a seat in front of him, I looked up in surprise when I caught sight of him placing his sunglasses down.

  Wow.
 
  A pair of dark orbs stared back at me, excitement twinkling in them though highlighted by light eyebags. "You have pretty eyes...I'm jealous." I murmured. "Ah, really? Thank you." He let out a shy laugh, rubbing the back of your neck.
 
  "Yongguk, what are you working as?" I couldn't help but ask. He seemed so surprised, his widened eyes turned to look at me, before his surprise faded into well hidden disappointment. "Well, I guess my songs are not so popular yet. I'm a freelance lyricist."
 
  An unrestrained "What?" spluttered out of my mouth, my eyes widening to the size of saucers. "Oh my goodness. Wow. That's fantastic, but such a waste of good looks..." I murmured, looking down at my lap.
 
  "So you think I'm good looking?" Yongguk teased, looking very amused. Embarrassed that he heard me, I let my head dip fractionally. Yongguk saw - his lips curved upwards in a mesmerizing arch, exposing a set of pearly whites and his healthy-red gums.
 
  "You're really cute. It's kind of refreshing." He complimented, chuckling. I was taken aback. I'm cute? That's so nice of him.
 
  I thanked him bashfully and reached for my caramel macchiato, stirring it slowly as I watched the colors of brown and white embrace each other, mixing to become a light brown. A tiny smile graced my lips as I lifted the drink to savor it.
 
  As I placed my cup down, I looked up to see him contemplating something. He tensed up at my gaze, and looked up from his hands to make eye contact. "W-would you like to listen to my songs?" He asked softly, as if afraid of rejection.
 
  "Yes... Please." I requested, taking delight in him pulling out his phone and his black earpieces. He sorted out the tangled mess of wire before plugging it in, passing the one of the earpieces to me. He took the other and placed it in his ear, shuffling forward a little such that the wire would be long enough for the other earpiece to be placed in my ear.
 
  A soft, soothing melody started to play in the background before a deep voice could be heard rapping.
 
  Yongguk watched closely for my reaction. I held his eyes for a while, before I averted my gaze away from his intense scrutinization.
 
''I don’t know why I still remember,
All our memories that were like a living hell.
I’ll remember our past. You were playing around with me.
Thanks to you, everything’s changed for me.
The side of me that used to be able to laugh, doesn’t exist anymore.
Love is a joke to me now; my crushed heart.
I tried everything to forget you. ''
I Remember - Bang Yongguk
 
  I was so surprised. The high piano notes really complemented the rapper, bringing out the colour only that unique voice could have. I really respected the way the rapper was so engrossed in his rap, bringing out his true feelings and making the rap come to life.
 
  "It's your voice right?" I asked shyly. He nodded, hesitantly. The butterflies caressed my insides with their wings, as they seemed to be touched by the idea of him showing me his hard work. I was no exception.
 
  "It's good. You should become a singer." I complimented, smiling at him. He's good. He laughed, which sounded like music to my ears, reaching out to take the earpiece that I handed back to him.
 
  "Do you have any questions for me? Seeing as to how you let me listen to your awesome song, I'd answer them for you." I grinned. "Woah, if that's the reward I get, I would let you listen to all of my songs." He laughed at his own joke. Shaking my head, I joined him in laughter.

._._._._._.
 
  I waved back to Yongguk as he exited the cafe, a smile tugging on his lips as he went for his meeting. He had asked quite a handful of questions - my age, my favourites and other stuff. But there was one question, and his reaction, that really struck me. I watched his leaving figure, pondering over his last question.

  ''Do you have a boyfriend?'' He asked, leaning forward to hear my answer.

  I blushed, declining with a shake of my head.

  His reaction baffled me. He smiled a knowing smile, and looked deep in thought, as if...

  As if he was relieved to hear that.