New Boss

Caffeinated Love [Hiatus]

New Boss


 
  Four months have passed since then and some things had changed.
 
  Yongguk frequented the cafe much more often, occasionally sitting there for hours on the end, scribbling into a notebook lyrics he had thought of. With a furrow of his eyebrows and a shake of his head, he often erased off the old and replaced them with newer, better lyrics.
 
  My breaks were mostly spent in the good company of Yongguk, in which many pleasant surprises occurred.
 
  Chocolate roses.
 
  Handwritten notes.
 
  Laughter.
 
  'Today would be no exception.' Or so I thought.
 
._._._._._._._.
 
  "Christy, come here for a while." I recognized that it was the lady boss's orders and placed the plates down, dusting my hands on the apron. "Coming!" I exclaimed, hurrying over to where her voice came from.
 
  "Ye-" My eyes widened as I looked at the guy standing next to her. "...ssss?" 'What is Yongguk doing here?' My mind shouted in shock.
 
  "Come, my dear. Meet my son, Bang Yongguk!" Mrs Bang, the lady boss came forward to drag me closer to him, while I just stared at him in shock. He was a Bang? He smiled at me, turning to his mother. "We already know each other, Mum," he explained.
 
  "Ah, that's good!" She exclaimed, clapping her hands together in excitement. I continued staring at them, my mouth opening and closing like a goldfish.
 
  "So, what do I do?" Yongguk turned to face his Mum. "You tell me, it's your cafe now." She said, rolled her eyes at him jokingly, before turning to face me. "I'll leave the teaching to you, dear. I'll be off for my beauty appointment. Bye~" She sang, heading out of the cafe.
 
  I stood there looking at Yongguk, still a little dazed. "Hellooooo?" He sang, waving his hand in front if my face. I snapped out of my reverie. "I'm not dreaming right?" I asked him. "You want to dream of me?" He replied cheekily, laughing when I shook my head in embarrassment.
 
  "So, it's true?" I murmured. He nodded, before continuing, "Sorry I didn't tell you before."
 
  He took a deep breath, saying that his mum wanted him to inherit the line of cafes she set up. "I just... Thought it was stupid. It was as if she didn't know I had passion for music." He admitted, looking a tad bit ashamed of himself.
 
  I patted him on his back, smiling at him. "It's okay. So why do you want to inherit the cafe now?"
 
  He smirked at me then, before answering that it would be a secret for now.
 
  "Stingy," I grumbled, pouting. "You'll know soon enough." He grinned, pinching my cheek. I blushed, not used to contact from him.
 
  "Now, please teach me something~" Yongguk laughed as he watched my cheeks redden some more.