Text

Caffeinated Love [Hiatus]
Text

  Yongguk's caramel macchiatos became part of the daily routine now. They were now a must have, an energy booster to end off the day at work.

  Yongguk, however, was suffering from having two jobs — being the boss of a cafe and a lyricist. Recently, his eyes were highlighted by eye bags that stood out against his skin and he seemed unlike the smiling happy-go-lucky him. During break, he'd often furrow his eyebrows, tapping his pen against his lips, erasing and rewriting his lyrics. For he was a perfectionist, he always saw the need to change until he thought it was flawless.

  I sighed, but he was so immersed in work that he didn't notice. Usually he ask about it, out of care, but I doubted he could even hear me through all his concentration.
 
  "Yongguk?" I called out tentatively. "Mmm?" He hummed, tired eyes focused on the lyrics he was writing. "Rest," I told him, causing him to turn back and look at me, a confused.
 
  "You're tired, right?" I asked again, placing my hand on his shoulder. "Yeah, but-" He protested. "Rest, please," I said again, looking at him with earnest eyes.
 
  He acquiesced in my plea, a tint of reluctance I could see in his eyes as he set down his pen.
 
  The wind chimes tingled then, signaling the entrance of a customer.
 
  "Take a break, don't stress yourself out. Anna and I will look after the cafe." I patted his shoulder, pulling a tired smile from him. He dipped his head in a nod, and I quickly made my way out of the staff room.
 
  "Hello, Junhong," I smiled up at the now familiar boy. He shot me a grin, waving a little. "Yo noona! Caramel frappe please~" he sang. "That'd be $3.95," I laughed as I watched him dig out his wallet hastily.
 
  "Here," he said, handing me the money. "Thanks for always coming here for a drink, Junhong." He scratched the back of his neck, looking away awkwardly. "I-It's convenient," he spluttered, looking me in the eye bashfully. "You're pretty cute, Junhong-ah." I complimented, laughing as his cheeks turned a light pink. I inwardly squealed at his cuteness, quickly breezing into the kitchen.
 
  "Caramel frappe," I told Anna, watching as she strolled to the machine. I shook my head fondly. Anna, no matter what, always did things at her own pace and elegance that it kind of baffled me. I remembered going to a concert with her, but she remained silent throughout despite the screaming mass of fangirls. It was hilarious, really when she told me that she was fangirling but on the inside. It was kind of cute in a way.
 
  "What are you laughing at?" She asked, her back to the coffee machine. Her question jolted me out of my reminiscing. "You," I replied, laughing as she rolled her eyes playfully. "Where's Yongguk?" She asked after a moment, her attention returning to the caramel frappe. "I told him to rest. He looked like he haven't slept in a while," I replied, watching as she topped off the drink with whipped cream and caramel syrup.
 
 "That is so you somehow," she commented, holding out the completed caramel frappe. I grinned at her, taking the beverage and heading outside. "Here you are, adorable Junhong-ah," I teased as I passed the drink to him.
 
  He pouted, but said nothing about it. "Thanks noona," he said and quickly made his way to a seat. He sat down, pulled out a battered copy of 'Romeo and Juliet' and sipped at his drink. 'He is such a romantic,' I mused.
 
  After Junhong, a few customers ordered their drinks. One of them was pretty rude, but the others were fine. I would glance up at Junhong and find him staring, but brushed it off with a smile that he returned.
 
  I chanced a glance at my watch. It flashed '6.30pm' at me and signaled that my shift was over. I quickly went into the kitchen, heading for the staff room beside it. "Leaving already?" Anna called out. "Yeah," I waved a little, pushing open the door of the staff room.
 
  Yongguk was sleeping, head resting on his crossed arms on the desk. I laughed quietly at his expression — his eyelashes that cast shadows on his cheeks, his mouth that formed an 'o' as he slept.
 
  I quickly grabbed his jacket that hung on the chair and placed it on his shoulders, before heading out to the kitchen. Anna was probably tending to a customer, seeing as to how the kitchen was empty. I filled a glass with water and put in a slice of lemon, leaving it on the desk where Yongguk slept.
 
  Quickly I grabbed my belongings and headed out of the staff room, waving goodbye to Anna.
 
  After reaching home, I received a text.
 
  A text from Yongguk.
 
  "Thanks :)" It read.
 
  A tiny smile touched my face.