First Meeting

Caffeinated Love [Hiatus]

First Meeting


 The wind chimes on the door tingled with excitement when they saw someone approaching, clapping their dainty hands together when the door was pushed open, creating clinking sounds before a tall man strode in.

  A SnapBack rested nicely on his head, blonde hair peaking out from below. He wore sunglasses too, perfect face devoid of much emotion. A black woolen sweater clung onto him, following the lines of his broad shoulders, with a long sleeved shirt underneath that emphasized his lean muscled chest. The sleeves of his shirt curved with the trail that his biceps and triceps provided, going inwards slightly before curving outwards. Navy blue jeans and converse complimented his overall look.

  He strode towards the counter, and I could not explain that little jump my heart did when he neared me. ''Hello, what would you like to order?'' I bowed a little as I said so, looking up again into his tinted lenses.

  ''Espresso double shot, please.'' he murmured, smiling a little. His deep voice honestly made me swoon, having never once heard one like his. ''Okay, that would be $2.50 in total. Would you like to have a seat while waiting for your coffee?'' ''Nah,'' he shook his head before continuing, ''I'd be embarrassed at my lack of chivalry.'' He grinned cheekily, looking at me through his dark shades.

  I felt my cheeks heat up as I accepted his money with two hands. ''Ahh.. Thank you. You're too kind.'' I replied shyly with a smile, secretly happy that he thought I was pretty. ''Your change,'' I prompted, holding the money with two outstretched hands.

  ''Well, thank you too.'' His hand brushed against mine as he took the money from my hands and placed it in his wallet. Warmth spread from where he touched me and I couldn't help but smile. Perhaps it was just the adrenaline rushing from the fact that he was handsome. ''Please wait a moment while I get you your coffee.'' I requested of him, shooting him a smile as I did so. ''Mm,'' he nodded, walking to the collection point to await collection of his purchase.

  ''Espresso double shot~'' I sang, skipping walking to Anna, who quietly watched me from her place. ''Someone's a little excited today,'' she commented. She turned her back and faced the coffee machine, reaching to pour some coffee beans into the machine. ''He's just very good looking. So charming.'' I couldn't help the tiny smile that tugged on my lips. She hummed, indicating the end of the conversation. She started pressing the buttons in a complicated pattern that made my head spin. The coffee dripped slowly into the cup, filling it to the brim.

  Gingerly I lifted the beverage and took a whiff. It smelt heavenly, and hopefully it would taste the same as well. There was just something about that stranger that really captured my heart and I had placed my hopes of him coming back again on this cup of coffee.

  I walked slowly towards him and presented the drink to him. Smiling, he reached out to take the drink, unknowingly knocking into the cup, causing the beverage to spill over the top.

  ''Ah!''